Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Long Distance Imagineer

Thinking of Christmas

I'm here in hot Arizona, so I'm trying to think of cooler weather and what I'll be looking forward to. I love Christmas, so I thought I'd get my Christmas wish list started.

I'm looking for your thoughts on what you'd like to see at DLR at Christmastime this year (apart from past seasons).

One thing I would love to see happen at DLR at Christmas would be a concert by Mannheim Steamroller. Not just Christmas songs, but also some Disney songs, like the Mannheim Steamroller Meets The Mouse CD.

I'd also love to have a small "Holidayland", only this land would be seasonal. I'd love to have some activities themed around the North Pole using sets from or identical to the Santa Clause movies. Complete with Hot Cocoa.

What are your wishes for Christmas at DLR this year?

• Goofy

Re: Thinking of Christmas

haha you read my mind. check out my merry christmas.com or find xmas.com/xmasplace/. only 6 months until christmas so merry christmas everyone ah-yuck. Im very excited.

• Thanks, Ollie

Christmas at Disneyland... It makes my heart all warm just to think about it. One of my favorite Christmas features is the incredibly elaborate decorations put up in New Orleans Square. In recent years they've changed up the decorations a little bit, and my hope is that they keep adding to or just changing up the decorations there so it's always new and interesting.

And semi off-topic, but still holiday related, I can't wait to see how this autumn's decorations are going to be improved upon this time around!!

Man, I love holidays at the park!

1188 miles from Disneyland. (Seattle, Washington)

Man, summer just starts and you're already thinking about Christmas!? Well, I have, too.

I haven't been to Disneyland during Christmas in almost... 8 years... Wow! I'd love to just go and be there. But, I like the idea of Holidayland, very cool.

myspace.com/xrybox

Next trip to Disneyland - August 17, 2007

We are taking our kids in Dec. for the frist time this year. We wanted to come before that, but I really wanted them to see it snow. We live in AZ and it does not snow in Queen Creek very offten.

A Holidayland would be ver cool, they could use Big thunder Ranch Area, Toon Town. for SF Warf in DCA. Great Thread!!!
    Jeff

The only thing I like about Christmas is the atmosphere with all the Christmas commercials on TV and stuff like that. Then again, the atmosphere is the only thing to like about it.

Anyways, what I would really like to see is DCA getting all the Christmas decorations, and DL getting "winter" decorations, but not related to any holiday. That would be vastly superior to the current setup because the current setup involves Christmas being represented in my favorite theme park.

• Minion

you realize its going to be Year of a Million Dreams Christmas! and theyll have those commercials with that music playing and then all this christmas stuff. Haha yea i cant wait, i dont think ive ever been at christmas, just close to christmas or after! Dont they have a new parade planned?

• Disneymom

We also live in AZ. Tucson to be exact. We went to DLR at Christmas time a few years ago. It was fun but I was alittle disappointed cause I expected more. It was the 50th celebrations one and maybe it's better with the normal colors. i'd love to see it with it's usual colors and decorations.

• Long Distance Imagineer

One more thing I forgot to mention on my Christmas DLR wish list: I would like, once or twice an evening, for there to be some sort of "March of the Toy Soldiers" type of thing in place of the hourly show at IASW. It could even be complete with actors, dressed as trees, from the Forest of No Return. It would be a wonderful addition from Babes In Toyland. Perhaps, in honor of the movie's co-writer, Ward Kimball, the toy soldiers could ride in from behind on a train.

• Me and Tommy Kirk

I'd really like to see a Very Merry Christmas Party like they have at the Magic Kingdom at WDW. I've gone to that several times and I love it. They had free unlimited cookies and cocoa, a souvenier photo, a special Christmas parade, stories from the Princesses, Holiday stage shows and an awesome fireworks display with a 360 degree finale. It would be AWESOME to get that here on the left coast. I'd certainly pay for that.

Christmas is my all time favorite at Disneyland and WDW. Gotta have it!

• Minion

We will be there. We've been going every year for about 8 years. We love it. Some friends are coming down for Christmas also. It is packed, but it is so much nicer than in July....
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Off to Neverland

r u tryyying 2 get me all anxious?!?!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Ugh anything to distract from the heat!!

a march of the soldiers would be rad... the soldiers are my fave part of the Christmas parade!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Quote Originally Posted by Neverlandtink View Post
    I'd really like to see a Very Merry Christmas Party like they have at the Magic Kingdom at WDW. I've gone to that several times and I love it. They had free unlimited cookies and cocoa, a souvenier photo, a special Christmas parade, stories from the Princesses, Holiday stage shows and an awesome fireworks display with a 360 degree finale. It would be AWESOME to get that here on the left coast. I'd certainly pay for that.

Christmas is my all time favorite at Disneyland and WDW. Gotta have it!
    Yeah, I'm gonna have to stop you there. lol. The Very Merry Christmas Party really isn't all that. I mean.. it was nice but.. yes theres unlimited snickerdoodle cookies and hot cocoa, a souvenier photo (which once you see the lines for, you're wondering where's FastPass), a Christmas parade (the same one you guys would see for free), a stage show (which has been the same for at least 5 years), and Holiday Wishes. All this minus the cookies and cocoa is free once the parties stop and it's actually Christmastime. Our ONE holiday layover, Country Bears Christmas, has been discontinued. AND it's about $45 to get in. Yes, even for passholders (except for a select few few nights where it's about $36 for passholders).

There's a reason why I live in Florida but travel to California for Disneyland at Christmas.

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by easy View Post
    Yeah, I'm gonna have to stop you there. lol. The Very Merry Christmas Party really isn't all that.
    There's a reason why I live in Florida but travel to California for Disneyland at Christmas.
    Okay, you can brag all you want about living near WDW. Go ahead and thumb your nose up at MVMCP. LOL. There's no reason at all why Disneyland can't have an over-priced Christmas party just like MK. I'd like the opportunity to enjoy it here in my homeland instead of paying the $5K for plane tix, hotel room, admission, etc. I'd gladly pay the $45 bucks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast