• Who's your DaddyB?

"Disneyland on your Desktop" Photo Update 6/27

I just made it on 6/27, but here's a link to my weekly photo update...

http://www.visionsfantastic.com/dadd..._27_Update.htm

Subs (of course!)
    Turtle Talk
    July 17th rants
    Fantasmic

and more!
    Last edited by daddyb; 06-28-2005 at 08:57 AM.
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• Defeats the Huns

Thanks DaddyB! I believe I saw you in the parks a few days ago with your tripod in hand. you take awesome pictures!

• Who's your DaddyB?

I was there Friday night... tripod in hand! I wish we'd gotten to meet! I try to always have on my "DaddyB" badge whenever I'm in the park, so if you get close, if it's not there, it's probably not me! If it is there, then say "Hi"!

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Great pictures, once again daddyb. I especially like the one of the Evil Queen, it looks more like a painting than live. Totally cool

• Hooterville, USA

Those are great shots! Thanks for sharing with us.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

If you can get Fantasmic! shots like that w/ a five-year-old camera, I can't wait to see what the shots look like w/ your normal one! I'm eagerly anticipating that update!

• Who's your DaddyB?

It's really not the megapixels that make the difference, it's the lens quality. They just weren't putting really good glass on digital cameras yet back in 2000. The 3030 that I was using was one of the best consumer (prosumer) cameras at the time of it's release and was very highly rated. It's just the in the last year or so, companies have started putting some really good lenses on some of their better cameras. They're also more experienced in getting the best out of their CMOS and CCD chips than they were 5 years ago. Nikon and Olympus are, by all accounts I've read, the best at this.

It'll be interesting to see how my regular camera handles Fantasmic. It's a very wide angle and not very good at those distance shots like shooting across the river to the island... so I'll probably try my best to get a spot right at the fence and be prepared to shield my camera from the water screens and monstro when the time comes.

Who knows. That's part of the fun of taking pictures at the park... so many ways to shoot the same thing.

• Best Buds

Great shots, as always, DaddyB. I notice you always start off with a picture of one of the bronze statues at the hub. Any special reason?
    ------------------
    DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
    http://www.comedy4cast.com

• Banned User

Thanks for sharing DaddyB!
    As always your photography is amazing!
    I am a huge buff, but don't have quite the good eye for things
    as you do... (plus I'm lacking the financial backing to afford an
    awesome camera like yours too)!

Keep the updates coming! Love 'em!

• Who's your DaddyB?

Quote Originally Posted by BugsBunny
    Great shots, as always, DaddyB. I notice you always start off with a picture of one of the bronze statues at the hub. Any special reason?
    It's sort of a bow to all the meet ups that've happened at the different statues over the years. I think they're really quite detailed, and have never seen them really well photographed before.

This weeks was the last of the set, so I'll either start over again, or find something new. I like to have some things about each photo update stay the same, though.

• FastPass n00b

Wow daddyb, that camera is excellent. I've never noticed the silver/blue paint in Tomorrowland is actually that type of paint that changes color depending on the angle until I saw your pictures. It's so weird because the paint in some of those pictures actually changes from a light blue to a reflective silver. That polarized filter makes them look ultra sharp too.

I really like the ones of Fantasmic!'s finale. There's something about seeing every Disney character together on a boat that's a classic staple of Disneyland driven by Steamboat Willie. It's such a powerful combination that every time I see it I get choked up. It's just the epitomy of Disneyland, Disney's history and Walt Disney combined into one scene. You know, I always complain about the price hikes for the park, but when you factor in Fantasmic! and the fact that a Vegas show costs upwards of $100, it makes Disneyland worth it just for Fantasmic!, let alone the other attractions. It's quite amazing that a 13-year old show included with admission to a theme park still manages to blow away almost everything that Las Vegas can produce, even with their tens of millions of dollars. Just goes to show you that imagination and creativity will trump special effects and money every time. Of course, Fantasmic! seems to use all 4 of them in abundance.

Thank you for the pictures daddyb. I would give you Rep points but, "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to daddyb again." so just be aware that I really loved the pictures.

• I Hug My Tapirs

You were there yesterday, too? Too bad I didn't run into ya! I was there open to close.

Great photos! I love the Fantasmic ones. I was working on my Fantasmic photos last night at the 10:30 showing, but those are tough to get with no tripod and a digital camera that only goes to f/4.8 when it's zoomed.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• Who's your DaddyB?

I just got word that my camera is ready at the repair shop! I'm slipping the tech an extra $10 for putting my repair at the top of the heap. It's only 2 screws, so I don't think it'll impact other people's repairs too badly!

I'll be there tonight taking pictures... hope to see Turtle Talk, the Ward Kimball, Space Mountain (a boy can dream, can't he?) and although I doubt it, the impossible to find "Chicken Little". Maybe I need to go into "Chicken Hawk" mode and hunt him down ("I'm a chicken hawk, and YOU'RE a chicken!") I'm going to abandon my family at some point this weekend to ride Space Mountain.

Thanks for the kind words. Taking the pictures is the fun part. Formatting and tweaking the pictures is pretty fun too, but the uploading and building the actual update afterwards with a Monday (self-imposed) deadline takes HOURS, and nice words from the Disneyland Community really does make all the difference.

thank you.