Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

A June day at the parks: Wildcats, Jedis and Pirates, oh my!

With a couple of friends' birthdays coming up, I decided that shopping for presents at DLR would be very appropriate. Better yet, since I could then spend some time in the parks. Unfortunately, my good friend Julie had to cancel at the last minute, so I ended up going solo. No worries, it's the Happiest Place on Earth! Anyone can have fun...even solo!

After parking, tram-riding and security screening, I noticed it was already 1pm. I made a right-turn after the security tents to head into DCA. The 1pm HSM Pep Rally was about to start. Since there was a sizeable crowd at the Sunshine Plaza already, I leisurely made my way to the second show stop over by the Golden Dreams theater. There were only a few people waiting. Woo-hoo! A front row seat! After a few minutes wait, the crowd grows in size and the traveling stage appeared with it's cast of talented performers.

Wildcats, let's go! Wildcats, let's go!

Wildcats, let's go!

The basketball players are getting their head in the game.

While the cheerleaders keep everyone's spirits high

This cast featured a pair of leads that I haven't seen before. I think they introduced themselves as Jen and Ian. And they were awesome.

One of the ubiquitous basketballs in mid-pass. Think fast!

Nice glasses! He made me crack up when I took this photo.

We now come to the interactive part of the show. Guests are invited to dance along with the cast. Have you ever wanted to get up and dance along but were too afraid? Well, here is a photo tutorial of the three major pieces of choreography that you'll need to learn. It's pretty simple.

Wildcat claw, wildcat claw...

Punch left, punch right...

Wave your hands up in the air.

And that's it. Like I said, it's pretty simple. In fact, it's so easy, a caveman can do it. Next time you're in the park, you should try it out. It's a lot of fun!

After the Pep Rally, it was time to cross the plaza into Disneyland and see if there was any chance to get on the subs. With a 2.5 hour wait time, I decided to skip it this time and settled in at the Tomorrowland Terrace of the next Jedi Training Academy. While waiting for Training to begin, I bought a fruit and yogurt parfait from the Terrace counter. Mmmmm. It was soooooo good. And I even felt somewhat healthy.

Just before the Jedis arrive, one of the assistants demonstrates to the crowd how to improve your chances of getting picked. It involves a lot of jumping up and down and yelling.

Suddenly, there is a disturbance in the Force...

And the forces of good and evil collide...

A youngling gets ready for battle

And the young padawans are congratulated for driving the Sith away. Party time!

I have to leave for now. But I'll be back late tonight or tomorrow with pictures of the Pirate stunt show, Polynesian Dancers (?) and Block Party Bash at DCA!

• Premium Youngling and

Re: A June day at the parks: Wildcats, Jedis and Pirates, oh my!

Awesome pictures!!! Thanks for the update

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo4 View Post
    Great photos so far. This one is my favorite!

I like going to the park solo. It's easier getting around and you can come and go as you please.

• "714"

cool pix!

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

With a couple of friends' birthdays coming up, I decided that shopping for presents at DLR would be very appropriate. Better yet, since I could then spend some time in the parks. Unfortunately, my good friend Julie had to cancel at the last minute, so I ended up going solo. No worries, it's the Happiest Place on Earth! Anyone can have fun...even solo!

After parking, tram-riding and security screening, I noticed it was already 1pm. I made a right-turn after the security tents to head into DCA. The 1pm HSM Pep Rally was about to start. Since there was a sizeable crowd at the Sunshine Plaza already, I leisurely made my way to the second show stop over by the Golden Dreams theater. There were only a few people waiting. Woo-hoo! A front row seat! After a few minutes wait, the crowd grows in size and the traveling stage appeared with it's cast of talented performers.

Wildcats, let's go! Wildcats, let's go!

Wildcats, let's go!

The basketball players are getting their head in the game.

While the cheerleaders keep everyone's spirits high

This cast featured a pair of leads that I haven't seen before. I think they introduced themselves as Jen and Ian. And they were awesome.

One of the ubiquitous basketballs in mid-pass. Think fast!

Nice glasses! He made me crack up when I took this photo.

We now come to the interactive part of the show. Guests are invited to dance along with the cast. Have you ever wanted to get up and dance along but were too afraid? Well, here is a photo tutorial of the three major pieces of choreography that you'll need to learn. It's pretty simple.

Punch left, punch right...

Wave your hands up in the air.

And that's it. Like I said, it's pretty simple. In fact, it's so easy, a caveman can do it. Next time you're in the park, you should try it out. It's a lot of fun!

After the Pep Rally, it was time to cross the plaza into Disneyland and see if there was any chance to get on the subs. With a 2.5 hour wait time, I decided to skip it this time and settled in at the Tomorrowland Terrace of the next Jedi Training Academy. While waiting for Training to begin, I bought a fruit and yogurt parfait from the Terrace counter. Mmmmm. It was soooooo good. And I even felt somewhat healthy.

Just before the Jedis arrive, one of the assistants demonstrates to the crowd how to improve your chances of getting picked. It involves a lot of jumping up and down and yelling.

Suddenly, there is a disturbance in the Force...

And the forces of good and evil collide...

A youngling gets ready for battle

And the young padawans are congratulated for driving the Sith away. Party time!

I have to leave for now. But I'll be back late tonight or tomorrow with pictures of the Pirate stunt show, Polynesian Dancers (?) and Block Party Bash at DCA!
    the third jedi from your pics with the black hair is my jedi friend matt! ill have to tell him that he is on here on micechat!

• Dreams do come true

great pics thanks

• Closet DLR fan

Wildcat claw, huh? Well, I guess the average HSM fan is too young to have seen Teenwolf.

(Great trip report as well, by the way.)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lesmisfan View Post
    the third jedi from your pics with the black hair is my jedi friend matt! ill have to tell him that he is on here on micechat!
    is his rat tail real? haha

Great photos! I'll have to check out the "Jedi Training Academy" when I'm out there. From your pics it looks really cool.
    Photographers Unite!
    Preserve Our Liberties

"Mono" means one and "rail" means... rail.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Loving it, loving it, armadillo! great pics and report so far! Keep em coming!

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Feeling LOVED

Great pics!!! Thanks for sharing
    HEARTS CLUB !!

• Golden Dreamer!

I believe you got the two names right. They are a new group.

Also I was working today around all 3 pep rallys.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Quote Originally Posted by skycrashesdown View Post
    Wildcat claw, huh? Well, I guess the average HSM fan is too young to have seen Teenwolf.
    LOL!!! That was funny. I totally forgot about Teen Wolf and its basketball-themed plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Commando View Post
    Great photos! I'll have to check out the "Jedi Training Academy" when I'm out there. From your pics it looks really cool.
    It's really cool if you have kids who get picked for training. Regardless, the level of detail in the costumes, make-up and show make for an entertaining time!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub_Voyage fan View Post
    I believe you got the two names right. They are a new group.

Also I was working today around all 3 pep rallys.
    Thanks for confirming that! While I have some favorites among the different casts, it's always great to see new people. The talent level is always top-notch.

Okay more pictures coming up...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Part II - Featuring Polynesian Dancers, The Bootstrappers and the Pirate Stunt Show

After the young Jedis had driven away the dark forces of the Sith. I meandered over to the Subs to purchase some sub-themed merchandise as birthday gifts. After all, I didn't want to forget one of the primary reasons for this trip. LOL! After buying more items than I originally planned (oh, really?), I noticed the standby line for Buzz Lightyear was only 15 minutes long. I did my part to defeat Zurg...although I still can't find the secret target on the second Zurg. What a loser am I.

It was time to hit the Pirates Lair on TSI. While walking across the hub, I noticed something going on at The Plaza Gardens Stage.

What was this? Needless to say, I interrupted my journey, without hesitating, to watch.

This was one of the invited groups performing as part of the Disney Magic Music Days. Unfortunately, I had just come across the last part of their performance and they ended within minutes of my arrival. Clearly, I need to pay more attention to these groups.

On to Pirates Lair I went. There was a bit of a wait for the rafts, but I managed to get across to the island as the Bootstrappers were half-way through their 3pm set.

The Bootstrappers are a lot of fun! And are a nice introduction to the Pirate Stunt Show...

I love how Captain Jack makes his entrance!

Dare I say it? The Stunt Show is a swashbuckling good time.

LOL! Sorry, I couldn't resist. The show is definitely one of the many highlights of the island. I left the island immediately afterwards in search of a Diet Coke and to hit the shops on Main Street.

Coming up: Flag Retreat Ceremony and Block Party Bash...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Part III - Featuring the Flag Retreat Ceremony and Block Party Bash

After a refreshing Diet Coke and some meandering among the shops in Main Street, I stopped at the Flag Retreat Ceremony before crossing back over to DCA.

I hadn't seen the Flag Retreat Ceremony in quite a long time and I'm glad I stopped by today. It was really a wonderful part of the day.

And it was going to get even better since Block Party Bash would be starting in DCA within 30 minutes. Across the plaza I went, and again, I bypassed the more crowded Sunshine Plaza stop for the Golden Dreams stop.

And with a lot of dancing and singing, the Block Party Bash comes to an end. With some prior engagements, I couldn't stay for any of the nighttime activities in the parks, but it was a great day nonetheless. Thanks for checking out this thread!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast