Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    For those of you who are interested, check out:

"Glimpse into Narnia" -- Click here to see production art from the feature film...

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe - official site for the movie based on the children's novel by C.S. Lewis. Features character and cast and crew info, wallpaper, and behind-the-scenes video clips. http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/narnia/lb_main.html
    This art looks beautiful ! ! !

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

HEY! How about a third gate?

As you enter the new park you find yourself in Harry Potters Diagon Alley---yes that's the Hogwarts Express Overhead. At the end of the Alley is a Castle that looks like Hogwarts(at least from the Alley).

Going Straight thru the Castle will put you in the Land of Narnia...

Going West out of the Alley will put you in the Land of Shannara...

Going Northwest out of the Alley will put you in The Wheel of Time...

Going East out of the Alley will put you in my favorite land of all; Pern.

Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Narnia, the next big thing?

Disney's filming a 'live action' version of the Chronicles of Narnia. Some artwork made it onto the net this weekend. C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien were contemporaries and there is hope up in Burbank that this will be the next Lord of The Rings, or even Harry Potter, at the box office. If not there's always W.I.T.C.H.. The phenomanom that is W.I.T.C.H. is doing pretty well all on its own across the pond and is expected to be imported to the US soon.

http://thedisneyblog.typepad.com/tdb..._the_next.html

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/041130a.php

• My laughing place

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo
    Here Here!

Any moron can grab some idea from a movie and build a shrine to it, and apparently many have. (pooh) What is lacking is the fun, creative, originality that went into those above examples.

I will have to admit that I like what they did with Indy...
    Not to get on a side track from the original idea for this thread..but IMHO to get back the fun,creative energy and originality back into imagineering there would have to be a whole restructuring of senior management of Disney. Maybe (we can only hope) the current lawsuit that Roy Disney and Stanley Gold has against the current board will be the begining,

Narnia, the next big thing?

Disney's filming a 'live action' version of the Chronicles of Narnia. Some artwork made it onto the net this weekend. C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien were contemporaries
    Not just contemporaries, they were close friends.

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff
    Going East out of the Alley will put you in my favorite land of all; Pern.
    Ohhh, Threadfighting from a-dragonback! Now THERE'S an E ticket for you!

Plushy firelizards!

::buys AP to sleepyjeff's theme park::
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

• The one, the only...

California Adventurer, I like your idea. Magic, as in Harry Potter and Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, is something that both kids and adults enjoy. Walt wanted to have rides that parents could enjoy with their kids. This is the kind of ride that could be a big success.

I do see a problem. This will have to have first-class special effects. Disney is really going to have to put some money into this. If they treat this like a Pooh ride, it could be a big flop. I am not sure if Iger is really into the investment. I wish he would be. This would be a great ride. Thanks for suggesting it.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    California Adventurer, I like your idea. Magic, as in Harry Potter and Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, is something that both kids and adults enjoy.
    Perhaps, but there's also a lunatic fringe of idiots who think that Harry Potter is all about demon worship and satanism.
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

If such a "Harry Potter" land or "Narnia" land (or whole park for that matter) was built, and public enthusiasm for the properties weren't sustained, it could suffer from perpetual-Frontierland syndrome. Flash in the Pan Fantasy Lands are not the way to go. Stick to creating individual rides, or put the money into something more unique and interesting.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    You think Peter Pan is more popular than Harry Potter, or that it will be in 20 years? Think again. Lion King is a classic now, as is Beauty and the Beast and all of the Disney animated films of the Katzenberg era.

• Down Pluto!

It is in my book. I read and will read the Harry Potter books - and watch the movies. I wouldn't wait in line to ride a HP attraction - I would and have for Peter Pan.

Just because something is popular in one genre doesn't mean it is automatically a fit in another. Consider: A Desperate Housewives attraction...

You think Peter Pan is more popular than Harry Potter, or that it will be in 20 years? Think again. Lion King is a classic now, as is Beauty and the Beast and all of the Disney animated films of the Katzenberg era.
    Lion King and Beauty and the Beast have done fine on Broadway, but if they're so "classic", where's the ride? You don't want to oversaturate the market...

Look, if Harry Potter is still considered a classic in 20 years, it can have its own ride. But keep it out of Disneyland. There's no room there.

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)

Inspiration

But these stories have princes and lions and wizards and all kinds of fantasy characters, and it's such a long series that if the sequels keep coming like they do with Harry Potter, seems to me it's not such a stretch that Disney's new management post Eisner might latch on to their new 'baby' as New Line did with the force majeur of it's LOTR trilogy... and want to celebrate the NEW DISNEY with a new land...

OK got yer tomatos ready.... Yesterland purists can go back to pooh poohing the whole thing again guys...
    In order to retain my "purist" status as well as "obvious stater," here's my question: Why DOESN'T Warner Bros. have their own theme park where they CAN have a Hogwarts-land among many other WB family-friendly attractions. (Sorry, but I still have a hard time accepting Bugs Bunny Land at 6 Flags even after all this time.) :o
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

^ WB's DOES have it's own Theme Park chain - called WB's Movieworld. Visit www.movieworld.com.au - also located in Germany & Spain. Not in the US though for some strange reason. I believe the Aussie version is the only remaining park that has actual WB's ownership ties.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Narnia, the new land at Disneyland

Warner Bros. doesn't want to be in the theme park business that's why they sold off Six Flags and MovieWorld.

Disney has a major blockbuster on it's hands with NARNIA and considering the series of books out there, there could be a series of these movies coming out in the years ahead.

When Warners had Batman in the 80s, Eisner tried to have thier own comic book superhero series with DICK TRACY. Can you imagine Warren and Madonna doing more movies together???

Now they see Warners' Harry Potter and New Line's Lord of the Rings and they want to duplicate WB's success with Narnia. This time, they might be successful and if that happens remember how many attractions Eisner had prepared based on Dick Tracy, the Crimestoppers, etc. during the Disney Decade.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast