Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Narnia, the new land at Disneyland

OK what do you guys think of giving up on dreams of Submarines and AtomMobiles coming back from Yesterland, and instead putting Imagineers to work designing a new land at Disneyland based on the upcoming movie "The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe" (based on the Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis.) The movie looks to be Harry Potter huge. I'm thinking the back of the Rivers of America in place of Big Thunder Ranch and outside the berm like Toontown and Critter Country would be a great area to develop.

Maybe you could even walk from Fantasyland through "Narnia" to get to Critter Country without having to walk around the Rivers of America through Frontierland and NOS.

Anyways for those of you who like this idea, what sort of E ticket would you build, for those familiar with the story... I'm just getting the idea out there. Like Califia, the spirit of CA hehe. Silver's nice, Ruby's better. That's all I'm sayin' folks. Some of you diehards won't like the idea of scrapping Subs for something NEW but that's my suggestion.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    I think that Narnia is Blue Sky for Animal Kingdom and Abarat was Blue Sky for Disneyland (although now that Subs are coming back that is probably not going to happen).

But it really is an interesting thought. Narnia would make a great land somewhere.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    I think that Narnia is Blue Sky for Animal Kingdom and Abarat was Blue Sky for Disneyland (although now that Subs are coming back that is probably not going to happen).

But it really is an interesting thought. Narnia would make a great land somewhere.
    Q: Are the subs REALLY coming back or will they get mothballed again, my guess. And I would like to see them moving around the pond again, I just wouldn't want to get IN one again as I recall they smelled and were uncomfortable slow and the show was boring. As a tiny kid they may have seemed exciting but not once I was old enough to realize you don't go underwater.

Q2: What's Abarat ? ? ?

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    Sounds like Nemo is on his way. But you never know.

Abarat is the awesome new series of books from Clive Barker about a young girl who is transported away to a alter world of strange islands. Disney bought the rights to the books and movies. I really enjoyed the first book, and the second has just come out. You should give it a read.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

from what I hear subs is pretty close to getting the final greenlight but yeah

and honestly I can't see Narnia actualy meshing well with the actual theme of Disneyland but that' might just be me (it might mesh well with AK but yeah)

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    from what I hear subs is pretty close to getting the final greenlight but yeah

and honestly I can't see Narnia actualy meshing well with the actual theme of Disneyland but that' might just be me (it might mesh well with AK but yeah)

I can't see it meshing well as a whole land either. An attraction in DCA maybe, but a land in Disneyland just doesn't make sense...

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    I just think it's time that another mountain rises at Disneyland. If the Matterhorn can fit into FL/TL, surely Narnia can mesh with Fantasyland... Frontierland next door is pretty diff themeatically as are all the lands that are tied together. I see no problem building the Volcano from TDS or ExEv from Animal Kingdom in Disneyland park. But Disneyland needs its own thing for a change, something really different from the other offerings and that's why this new property / cast of characters seems like a great fit for the park, to cure its drain of creativity and make it a unique destination for East Coast visitors again.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    I just think it's time that another mountain rises at Disneyland. If the Matterhorn can fit into FL/TL, surely Narnia can mesh with Fantasyland... Frontierland next door is pretty diff themeatically as are all the lands that are tied together. I see no problem building the Volcano from TDS or ExEv from Animal Kingdom in Disneyland park. But Disneyland needs its own thing for a change, something really different from the other offerings and that's why this new property / cast of characters seems like a great fit for the park, to cure its drain of creativity and make it a unique destination for East Coast visitors again.
    it's not meant to draw in east coasters

I would settle for it actualy drawing in the West coast

I'm up here in washington and all I get are Disneyworld adds dispite the fact that I'd have much more money to spend buying their crud if I actualy went to Disneyland instead (seriously I'd be packing food and an ice cooler if I went to Disneyworld no way I could afford all of that AND travel at this point)

the Volcano from TDS wouldn't fit in Frontierland at all really I can't see it matching the theme or the visuals the Volcano is the symbol for TDS (I'm not sure what to liken it to, building the Epcot Sphere in Tomorrowland, building Cinderellas castle behind sleeping Beauty's so you can have a new princess resturant?)

I don't see how using more characters (that this time don't really fit the feel) would fix Disney's creative problem, Narnia would feel good in AK were they were already planning on having a mythological section but I can't see how it would FEEL in Fantasyland (I don't think Harry Poter or LoTR match either and both of those fit under fantasy)

Disneyland at this point isn't starving for another mountain though I admit it would be pretty nice (I'd actualy enjoy it if they went about updating all of the technology in the old darkrides in fantasyland to meet a new standard)

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)
    here's something: How about Disney come up with a ride NOT tied into a movie or something else marketed? Example: POTC, HM, IASW are prime examples that come to mind.
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by Orcatime
    here's something: How about Disney come up with a ride NOT tied into a movie or something else marketed? Example: POTC, HM, IASW are prime examples that come to mind.
    Here Here!

Any moron can grab some idea from a movie and build a shrine to it, and apparently many have. (pooh) What is lacking is the fun, creative, originality that went into those above examples.

I will have to admit that I like what they did with Indy...

• the subs were cool maan

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    OK what do you guys think of giving up on dreams of Submarines and AtomMobiles coming back from Yesterland

No!

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by mp3piratesavvy

No!

• Look not into the eyes...

I'm just throwing this out here, I haven't heard how much the movie might stray from the books, but at the time I read them it seemed like the religious overtones were pretty loud.

I'm wondering if Disney would think it a wise move politically.

Quote Originally Posted by Mara
    I'm just throwing this out here, I haven't heard how much the movie might stray from the books, but at the time I read them it seemed like the religious overtones were pretty loud.

I'm wondering if Disney would think it a wise move politically.
    who knows

but didn't Lord of The Rings do better BECAUSE it didn't try to stray from the books much :confused: I think Disney would be wise to do the same thing

(yes I believe CS Lewis was a Christian and he was also friends with Tolkien?)

edit: thanks Dr. Indy I corrected the name
    Last edited by Jspider; 02-09-2005 at 10:00 AM.

• It's all nonsense

Narnia at DL=the fall of human imagination

hence the end of DL.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast