Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Stay Positive

The future (aka 50 years from now)

No this topic isn't about tomorrowland . I always wondered what rides will remain during disneylands 100th anniversery. Would we still be riding splash, zooming around space on space mountain. Exploring liquid space on the subs, having a wild ride in the wilderness on BTR. So on and so forth. I can see classic disney rides like POTC and HM stay. While im on that subject, what new rides or parks will their be. Again, i just wondered this for a long time, and wanted opinions from my fellow micechatters.
    "Is a man who chooses to be bad better than a man who has the good imposed on him?"
    - Anthony Burgess
    "I think what I want Disneyland to be most of all is a happy place–a place where adults and children can experience together some of the wonders of life, of adventure, and feel better because of it."
    - Walt Disney on Disneyland

• Mickey Mouse Slave

Re: The future (aka 50 years from now)

i would kinda imagine splash mt going on magnetic rails instead of water
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

• Minion

nemo submarines arnt going to be nemo
    hm will stay with an updated graveyard and actually floating madame leota and insruments.
    tomorrowland will go through at least 2 more updates
    pooh will become poohs honey hunt(hopefullly)

• "I Break Things"

Jungle will be there, possibly with AA Skippers, hate to admit it but that is about the only way Disney could control the Skips! Hopefully they toss in a few more animals off the port bow.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Defying gravity

The name of Disneyland will be changed to a "California Disney Park."

My prediction is the Matterhorn will be removed because of stuctural problems. (It is made of wood and concrete.)
    Last edited by wettham1783; 07-01-2007 at 02:01 PM.
    Matthew

• Disney for life!~

Disneyland will outlive us all.That makes me sad in a way.
    Im predicting Pirates lair will be gone.(crosses fingers)

I <3 SPACEMOUNTAIN!!!!!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/CayaHutch

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by wettham1783 View Post
    My prediction is the Matterhorn will be removed because of stuctural problems. (It is made of wood an concrete.)
    They have spent a lot rebuilding the structure... the inside is a combination of steel, chickenwire and 2x4's. One of the most amazing tours I have ever been on. Provided they are willing to do the upkeep I think it will be fine. I am not 100% but I think it is also registered landmark and if so then there isn't much they can do as far as tearing it down.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Cool Re: The future (aka 50 years from now)

Wow, I love this thread. Very cool indeed!

Let's get started with what I think will hapepn. Keep in mind it doesn't mean I hope it'll happen, but just what I think may.

1. Autopia will be removed to make way for an all new attraction. Either with flying cars that will have safety protocols to make sure they don't go off track by invisible sheild barriers to the sides of the "road." Or to make way for something completely different altogether.
    2. Innoventions building will no longer exist. Instead a brand new dark ride or restaurant will be built in its place.
    3. Haunted Mansion will install special levitating devices underneath the Doom Buggies so it feels as if a ghost is actually lifing you up off the floor.
    4. After serious debates between fans of the parks, managers of the parks, CEOs, online polls and surveys, etc. DCA and Disneyland will be combined into one gigantic park. The plaza that seperates the two different parks will get built up with new attractions, restaurants, and character meet-n-greets getting constructed. This will all be partially done in time for the 100th anniversary.
    5. Downtown Disney will become a multi level shopping center that will include a few rides as well as random Disney characters walking around for meet-n-greets.
    6. ToonTown will become part of Yesterland. It will become an extension of Fantasyland and get a complete overhaul just in time for either the 75th or 80th anniversary, including that restaurant we've all wanted for so long.
    7. Adventureland will get the extension that it's needed for so long due to the plaza getting removed since DCA and Disneyland will be combined into one park.
    8. As far fetched as this sounds by the time the 100th anniversary rolls around I believe that some form of teleportation will have been discovered by scientists. Thus allowing wealthy guests willing to pay insanely high amounts of money to be transported via hubs around the park to their hotel, different lands in the park, or the parking area where their car is located.
    9. Disney will get involved in sporting events and start sponsoring teams. Perhaps even starting their own baseball, basketball, hockey, soccor, or football team. They will end up buying The Pond/Honda Center and house their games there.
    10. A new mode of transportation to and from the airport(s) will be installed. Whether it is an extension of the monorail or some form of a PeopleMover type vehicle system I'm not sure at this time.
    11. Fantasyland Theatre will be removed only to be brought back again later in the future. Within a few years from today (July 1st, 2007) the Theatre will make way for a new attraction that will be a hit at first, but then die a slow and painful death as newer ones open up. A new musical will then be brought to Disney's attention and the Theatre will be rebuilt. Only this time it will be indoors with balconies. This Theatre will also house music specials that Disney will air on our holographic televisions at home. Big name artists of that time will also appear for intimate concerts that will also include park admission. Annual Passholders will also get a chance to be put into a random drawing (think Nemo preview lottery) to have meet-n-greet opportunities with these artists.
    12. Here's something that Steve will enjoy. The railroad will get a complete overhaul with more emmersive interaction. Not too much, mind you. The feeling of being on this now/then (however you wanna word that) old style of transportation still has to feel as if it's a railroad train of the past. Stupid lawsuits will slowly start to become things of the past due to stronger and more logical laws put into place in our society (hard to imagine, I know) allowing more fun to be had at the park. Thus allowing the train to get hijacked by bandits from Frontierland, as well as other interactive elements.
    13. In order to expand further, and due to DCA and Disneyland combined into one, I believe after the 100th anniversay the hotels across from Katella will be bought and demo'ed to make way for a new park that Disney will build (minus one or two that Disney will convert into DCV units). Walkways from what was once DCA will be built going over Katella to allow guests to transfer from park to park. This new park could just very well be that Disney Seas or Discovery Bay that we've talked about on here for so long.
    14. Disney will start to get more involved with its passholders and fans. They will find a way to allow guests to give ideas for rides and attractions without the fear of lawsuits for royalties to these rides. Imagineering, sorry to say, will not necessarily fade away, but will get a new structure. One that let the public become more envolved and let Disney have a say as to what specific types of rides they want built. (Not all, mind you.) After Imagineering has received these yearly ideas they will wade through them and pick the best ones received. Those person(s) ideas that are selected will be asked to be involved in the creation process. This could possibly be done through contests.
    15. Cast Members will be treated the way they were from the getgo. Better pay, better break facilities, holiday bonuses, given the day off on their birthday with pay (or a free meal at Blue Bayou or some other eating place of their choice at the Resort, complete with character interaction of their choice, etc.), and more respect from management.
    16. And finally from what I'm getting right now people will be happier in the future. They will be more friendly and more willing to help others. If someone slams into a person with a futuristic stroller they'll actually say "sorry" and mean it. Dress codes will be enforced so t-shirts saying such things as "Hoe Depot" and "FCUK" will not be allowed to enter the parks' premises. Guests will either have to change or turn their shirt inside out. "The Happiest Place On Earth" will be the place to go!

...Joe...

disney already or has in the past owned sports teams...
    Siggy siggy sig sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbadunne View Post
    disney already or has in the past owned sports teams...
    Right, but what I'm talking about is actually putting their name on the team. This is a really bad example, but something like the Disney Dogs. Kind of like the San Fransisco Giants.

...Joe...

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    They have spent a lot rebuilding the structure... the inside is a combination of steel, chickenwire and 2x4's. One of the most amazing tours I have ever been on. Provided they are willing to do the upkeep I think it will be fine. I am not 100% but I think it is also registered landmark and if so then there isn't much they can do as far as tearing it down.
    Here's a link to some archive photos of the Matterhorn begin built:
    http://www.usc.edu/libraries/archive...rn_mar1959.jpg
    Fight On! Beat the Huskers!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Minion

wait they are going to build a new fantasyland theater anyways

• =)

Thoughts like this always make me sad in a way, because history has shown that being greatly loved doesn't prevent an attraction from being removed. I can't stand the thought of Indy, Pirates, the Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder, the Matterhorn, Space Mountain, even Splash Mountain being gone. Actually, SallyStitches, I'm glad Disneyland will outlive us (I hope)...I'd hate to live to see its demise.

Disneyland's policies on attraction construction have never been particularly cheap. With the exception of rides like the old Matterhorn, most of its attractions are about as structurally sound as other modern buildings. They can last for quite a while, if they're allowed to and if proper care is taken.

I think for me personally, the seven rides I mentioned above are the Big Seven. The removal of any one of those would be really devastating for me, whereas other rides in the park are not quite as special. I hope they stay a very long time.

Historically, Disney hasn't tended to rip rides out as soon as they lose technological edge or popularity of movie tie-ins. Mr. Toad is still happily in place at DL, as is the Jungle Cruise. Rides like POTC and HM are updated to reflect today's pop culture and new technological advances--sometimes with debatably negative effects, but they retain their original feels. This gives me hope for today's attractions' longevity into the future.

Quote Originally Posted by patattack View Post
    wait they are going to build a new fantasyland theater anyways
    In a sense, yes. Stupid, I know. But people only learn from their mistakes. Look at Tomorrowland '98 and the cheap DCA.

Basically imagine Fantasyland Theatre being converted into a dark ride, if you will. Imagine the ride being insanely popular. But then once ToonTown gets removed and that space gets an overhaul into an extension of Fantasyland the new ride that replaced Fantasyland Theatre will hardly get any riders at all. Disney will then get a proposal from a musical director or producer to start a musical with a big budget at Disneyland (for whatever reason I have no clue). Disney will jump at the opportunity, see their mistake for taking Fantasyland Theatre out, and rebuild it again. The "new" theatre will be so insanely beautiful that every music star and broadway show will want to perform there.

Again, just a prediction. But I have to mention anything that comes to me. If for nothing more than to not have to say the whole crap, "I was actually thinking that, but I didn't post it for fear of being laughed at."

...Joe...
    Last edited by Quacky4Donald; 07-01-2007 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Editing and adding.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast