Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Animatronic

Re: Fantasyland Skyway Station, what to make it next?

With the destruction of Captain Hook's Tuna selling pirate ship and the wonderful eating location about Skull rock, Fantasy has been left with no scenic eatery or water feature. The old Skyway station could provide both with some thought. Behind it is easy access for deliveries. The Pinochio eatery is clausterphobic and way too indoors for Disneyland and could easily be changed into Pooh's Hunny Hunt, which is the ideal Fantasyland attraction.

• Glad to hear: Flynn Lives

My original idea (posted a long time ago) was to convert it into a peoplemover station with the next-gen peoplemover attraction. Just extend the line above (or below) the walkway to IASW. It then would be "underground" behind storybook land and into the station. You would never see the track from the main portion of fantasy land, and it would be disguised where it is visible.
    Daffy: How's this for a new team name: The Ducks!
    Bugs: Please! What kind of Mickey Mouse organization would name their team The Ducks?

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdshiftCM View Post
    Any structure built or that has major changes made to it, that is for public use must be ADA compliant.

From Wikipedia:
    Under Title III, no individual may be discriminated against on the basis of disability with regards to the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, or accommodations of any place of public accommodation by any person who owns, leases (or leases to), or operates a place of public accommodation. "Public accommodations" include most places of lodging (such as inns and hotels), recreation, transportation, education, and dining, along with stores, care providers, and places of public displays, among other things.

So if they were to just reopen the station with no changes then they would be fine AKA The Subs but, any changes to the building would eliminate it's grandfather status and it would have to be ADA compliant.

Hope that helps.

Now, about the skyway area, they should put the entrance for the Little Mermaid ride there and have the ride it self where the FL theatre is now.
    So are the ski lifts at Mammoth Mtn. ADA complient? Sorry for my ignorence, and thanks for the reply!

I like the coffee shop idea, and I always kind of thought that if they are not going to do anything spectacular with it, at least make it into a nice little shady rest area with some tables, benches and maybe some nice FL themed music.
    A sort of nicer version of Fantasia Gardens.
    I would really just love to walk up those stairs again.

• I love my family!

Quote Originally Posted by symbolic View Post
    So are the ski lifts at Mammoth Mtn. ADA complient? Sorry for my ignorence, and thanks for the reply!
    To be honest, I have no idea but if they were built before July 26, 1990 then they don't have to be.

I would also imagine that those types of places would do what they could to accommodate everyone they possibly could.

• Collision speed....FULL!

I would have Village Haus be moved up there and then have a new ride be built where Village Huas was.

• Ice melts fast in AZ

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    I would have Village Haus be moved up there and then have a new ride be built where Village Huas was.
    I like it. But maybe not a new ride, just expand Snow White and give a real ending.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by Polar_Bear View Post
    I like it. But maybe not a new ride, just expand Snow White and give a real ending.
    That's a nice idea, but how would you make that work? Pinocchio's Daring Journey is in the way.

...Joe...

• Ice melts fast in AZ

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    That's a nice idea, but how would you make that work? Pinocchio's Daring Journey is in the way.

...Joe...
    Might be able to bring it around on the west side of the buildings that could skirt behind PDJ. There is a little area that looks like it could be connected..(see Google Earth) Sorry, I'd post a picture, but I haven't figured that part out yet.

• I love my family!

Quote Originally Posted by Polar_Bear View Post
    Might be able to bring it around on the west side of the buildings that could skirt behind PDJ. There is a little area that looks like it could be connected..(see Google Earth) Sorry, I'd post a picture, but I haven't figured that part out yet.
    There really is no room to do that back there, besides the cost would be greater than the gain.

• "I Break Things"

Got it... Great Mouse Detective... build the Airship. Make it like the old Skyway but bigger so it has a higher capacity. Make them 8 to 10 seater's themed around the old airships. The theme would also fit in TL so no break in theme. It also means they would have to expand the Matterhorn hole, but it they wanted it, it would work.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• is on the rocks

Quote Originally Posted by symbolic View Post
    Sorry to go off-topic, but yes, the newer ski lifts at Mammoth are ADA compliant - just not in the way you'd expect. There are blind and paralyzed skiers who use the facilities - they have guides help them on and off the ski lifts, and who stay with them on the runs to help them if they need a hand. Someone who normally needs a wheelchair is strapped into a "sit-ski" - basically a long, wide ski with a seat attached to it. His guide would help maneuver him in line, and the guide and lift operator will help get the skier onto the ski lift - the seat part sits on the lift, and the ski part dangles under the seat. Oh, and the lift would be stopped both when the person is getting on, and off, the lift.
    She did it!

• Minion

Make it a Mary Poppins cafe, penguin waiters, mary and bert, a bridge and the supercalifragilistic band from the horse races can go up there, outdoor tables and tea.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Just out of curiousity where does everyone plan on putting those cute littlie kitties at.... Currently that building is there home... I don't think most people realize that... Everyone just see's an empty building when in fact during the day thats where all the Ferril (SP?) Cats rest, snack, and get there water from... Then at night when all the crazy people go away they keep our happy park Mickey cousin free....
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• Minion

the cats can live in the big thunder cave, the "uncharted" land on pirates lair, innoventions, HISTA, upper floor of the starcade, people mover track, donalds boat, goofys house, they have plenty of other homes haha

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast