Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• "I Break Things"

Fantasyland Skyway Station, what to make it next?

Buried deep in the forest next to Stromboli's and Casey is the old Fantasyland Skyway station. Just looking at it you see a huge staircase, and realize the biggest challenge to this area is making it ADA compliant. I'm not sure how big the overall area is but as usual it's sitting there waiting to be used. Personally I don't have a clue what to do with it, and I think that is the feeling among the Disney suits. MC's are a creative bunch, you can tell by the rather sarcastic back and forth jabs. So any thoughts?

About all I could think that would fit the medieval theme would be something from Hunchback, even then I am suffering from writer's block trying to think of what. My specialty has always been Frontier and Adventure... so what to put there
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Re: Fantasyland Skyway Station, what to make it next?

"Um...bring the Skyway back?" I think that's the general idea that most posters are going to suggest.

As for me I'd be fine with making it a small coffee shop.

...Joe...

• Minion

Rendition location for Line Jumpers

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Bringing the skyway back will never happen....making that place a Cafe would be nice or even converting that into another store/ride facade would be nice..

but I would like the Cafe/bakery thingy better...another place in DL to go and sitbacka ramp could be made to make it ADA compliant. And think about the OVD carts that are in that area now oging bye by cause the cafe will take their place....thus improving the over all theme of That area of the Park

I'd really like the skyway back,but that's just a no go for a lot of reasons and ADA compliance is just one of them. I haven't seen this in SO long, so I'm not sure what it should be, because I can't get a picture in my head. If I see it, then I can make an educated dream as to what is actually possible

• Minion

1) Skyway station again!

2) Convert traditional Skyway building into coffee house/patisserie with a great view!

3) Build Cinderella's chateau (Stepmother's house) up there as a patisserie and coffee house, with a glass coach in the garden for photos!

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Merlin, I love that idea. Especially tying in Cinderella.

However, wouldn't it be awesome to get another Skyway - can you believe that in this day and age you'd think they'd be able to?!

• Nerd.

http://www.yesterland.com/skywayfant.html

Yesterland has a pic of it.

I like the idea of making it a nice little coffee house/bakery.

Of course, bringing back the skyway would be preferred.

Does the old skyway station still exist in TL?

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Hilsbro View Post
    ramp could be made to make it ADA compliant.
    I have this mental image of that street in San Fran that has the funny car chase scenes, back and forth, back and forth... Have you seen the hill this thing sits on? Using the ADA standards it would take me a good 15 min to get Grandma up there on a wheelchair. If I have to wheel her up there it better be a coffee shop or drink stand or ODV cart (that would be a cash cow with the monster ramp behind it).

I think some sort of elevator would be more appropriate but that would require cutting into the hill, not sure what is next to it (backstage behind, was never a FL CM so I don't know the footprints) which puts me back at square one. Even if by some miracle they brought back Skyway (legally this would be an incident/lawsuit nightmare waiting to happen) they would still have the hill/ADA compliance issue to deal with. I like the coffee shop though
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I have this mental image of that street in San Fran that has the funny car chase scenes, back and forth, back and forth... Have you seen the hill this thing sits on? Using the ADA standards it would take me a good 15 min to get Grandma up there on a wheelchair. If I have to wheel her up there it better be a coffee shop or drink stand or ODV cart (that would be a cash cow with the monster ramp behind it).
    yes I have seen these hins
    it would not be one straight up ramp
    it would be in levels...sorta like a switch back ramp...

I dont know what to make it, but do know how to make out in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kileigh7 View Post
    I'd really like the skyway back,but that's just a no go for a lot of reasons and ADA compliance is just one of them. I haven't seen this in SO long, so I'm not sure what it should be, because I can't get a picture in my head. If I see it, then I can make an educated dream as to what is actually possible
    Just a ?, do ski mountains have to be ADA complient? are bungie jumping bussinesses required to be ADA complient? Does everything in Disneyland have to be? I am seriously wondering?
    Thanks

• Can see my car from here

How about making it a virtual skyway? And build it underground like a subway. Build the tunnel underground from Fantasyland to the Tomorrowland station. Projections similar to Soarin Over California would be all around your vehicle, and make it look like you are travelling high above Disneyland. The projections could start out circa 1955, and as the trip progresses, the view of Disneyland changes over the years to the present.

Or did I take too much pain medication this morning?
    Far from the frenzy of the frantic world above.

• I love my family!

Quote Originally Posted by symbolic View Post
    Just a ?, do ski mountains have to be ADA complient? are bungie jumping bussinesses required to be ADA complient? Does everything in Disneyland have to be? I am seriously wondering?
    Thanks
    Any structure built or that has major changes made to it, that is for public use must be ADA compliant.

From Wikipedia:
    Under Title III, no individual may be discriminated against on the basis of disability with regards to the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, or accommodations of any place of public accommodation by any person who owns, leases (or leases to), or operates a place of public accommodation. "Public accommodations" include most places of lodging (such as inns and hotels), recreation, transportation, education, and dining, along with stores, care providers, and places of public displays, among other things.

So if they were to just reopen the station with no changes then they would be fine AKA The Subs but, any changes to the building would eliminate it's grandfather status and it would have to be ADA compliant.

Hope that helps.

Now, about the skyway area, they should put the entrance for the Little Mermaid ride there and have the ride it self where the FL theatre is now.

• I love my family!

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Mikerscope View Post
    Or did I take too much pain medication this morning?
    I would have to say, Yes.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast