• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Exclamation Soft Opening how-toes

Er, okay...I've never been lucky enough to seek out a soft opening for a ride, nor had the chance (I'm used to the preview passes Universal sends).

And now that Space is going to have it's soft openings really soon...well how do you find out about them that day? Do you ask someone at one of the ticket booths? Do you have to question a few cast members in the area? And would fast pass be available for the attraction? Or do you simply need to be in the right place at the right time?

I'm sorry if these questions sound stupid, but please, if someone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

• insufferable know-it-all

You walk by the attraction

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Banned User

Yeah my first soft openings were Buzz Blasters and that was just me walking by randomly and seeing it was open.

• Space Scout

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    Or do you simply need to be in the right place at the right time?
    I think it's right place at the right time. I've never experienced it at Disneyland.... but I did get to ride Jaguar at Knott's during a soft opening!
    Help test MouseMosaic! PM me suggestions.

If it's open there will be a cast member at the front of the queue letting people inside. since a soft opening is part of their testing, it may only be open for a small amount of time, and they may go down for a while to "tweak" things. when this happens there's really no good guess of how long it will be for, so it really is just a lot of luck if you happen to be in front of the attraction when they are letting people on.
    what happened for buzz was people kept lining up even when the ride was down in hopes that it would start up again, imagine standing in line for two hours for a ride that may not even open.

• Rainicorn.

For soft openings, the ride is either open or not that day.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

hmm, goodness.

Well, I have a plan with friends to switch off every hour to check if it's open or not. I figure that's the best way...I really want to get on that ride.

Thanks for the info you guys. I feel like a dork for asking.

• Hooterville, USA

Play phone tag at SM. Maybe ask a CM if they know.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Circle of Ancients

What we have done, and this all depends on how busy the park is when you are there, is this:

Say you are at Big Thunder or something, ask a CM over there, they will usually call the attraction booth (The sign in the hub that tells all of the waiting times) to see if it's open or not.

You can also check back at that booth throughout the day since it's more centrally located than walking over to Space 20 times throughout your day.

I have even used this at SFMM or Knott's and it works fine. The CM usually has no problem checking for you. Again, if it's REALLY busy it may be a different story.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by superphred
    If it's open...
    it may only be open for a small amount of time, and they may go down for a while to "tweak" things...
    when this happens there's really no good guess of how long it will be for, so it really is just a lot of luck if you happen to be in front of the attraction when they are letting people on.
    people kept lining up even when the ride was down in hopes that it would start up again...
    imagine standing in line for two hours for a ride that may not even open.

Whoa. Are we talking about the Rocket Rods here? hahaha

Sorry... I couldn't resist

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

If its like Buzz, there will be a sign infront of the attraction noting its opening- the sign will also announce that the may not be open all day and may shut down for no reason blah blah blah. Basically, walk over to the attraction, if its a soft opening that day, it will be obvious. And plus, with all of us chatters online and our frequency at the park, once SM soft opens, news will break within hours or even minutes.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

• CM for 4 years!

With Turtle Talk with Crush, we had to talk to a CM in the Animation Building a couple of hours in advance, and then come back at the show time with tickets she gave us.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.