• "I Break Things"

Fantasyland speedboat area is used for?

Bear with me, I haven't been to the park in a while. As a kid I remember the speedboats, as a CM I had the "privilege" if you will of eating beneath one. The last time I saw that area it wasn't being used for anything. Everyone was afraid of it because in the daytime it was hot and had bee problems, at night it was cold and full of mosquitoes. I was wondering if Disney has developed this area at all, and what it is being used for today. Since FL is slammed I thought this would be a perfect place for an Attraction. This would probably be a good location for something themed around Mulan (Matterhorn on one side, mountains around it... like China).
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Fantasyland speedboat area is used for?

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Bear with me, I haven't been to the park in a while. As a kid I remember the speedboats, as a CM I had the "privilege" if you will of eating beneath one. The last time I saw that area it wasn't being used for anything. Everyone was afraid of it because in the daytime it was hot and had bee problems, at night it was cold and full of mosquitoes. I was wondering if Disney has developed this area at all, and what it is being used for today. Since FL is slammed I thought this would be a perfect place for an Attraction. This would probably be a good location for something themed around Mulan (Matterhorn on one side, mountains around it... like China).
    It's now the extended line for Nemo, Tech. Until the lines die down, that's all it is going to be.

Chad

• "I Break Things"

Well that should be a couple summers... Is the lagoon still there? If so then too bad they didn't take the time to pave over the lagoon so they would have some more room for the line. Depends on how you see it though, could be good or bad depending on your theme.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Defying gravity

So the motorboat attraction area is what used to be a smoking area? Does anyone have pics? I've always been a bit confused on this issue.....

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Well that should be a couple summers... Is the lagoon still there? If so then too bad they didn't take the time to pave over the lagoon so they would have some more room for the line. Depends on how you see it though, could be good or bad depending on your theme.
    Lagoon is still there, surprisingly as dirty as ever. That area could be prime for a fantasyland dark ride. Looks like it will be a while until the buzz for Nemo dies down.

Chad

• Pathetically Obsessed

After the lines die down, it will go back to being a quiet little out-of-the-way spot in DL. I believe the let the smokers in over there. Still, not that many people even walk out on to the covered landing there. The lagoon remains, however, the rest of the MB cruise area has been filled in. You can see a portion of it from Autopia. It's now just a path to backstage. Do a Google search on 'Darkbeer photo' and you'll find many pictures on his site. Go back a month or so, and you'll see the final construction photos of Nemo. In addition, Darkbeer took shots of the MB cruise path being filled in and landscaped.
    "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?