Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Build A Ride On Main Street, U.S.A.

Okay, here's the thing, you're given $75 million dollars to build a ride in Main Street, U.S.A. The ride must go into a building that already exists. It must remain true to the theme of Main Street.

What would you build? Why would you build it? How much do you think it would cost?

Have fun!

...Joe...

• Drunk On Disney!

Re: Build A Ride On Main Street, U.S.A.

Hmmmmm The propblem is to find a building big enough to build a 75 million dollar attraction in.
    But one idea from me could be a Lady and the Tramp dark ride.

• Golden Dreamer!

I have thought hard and long about this. But I belive I have a prefect solution so hear it out.

Ride name: Toppins

Style: Boat((flume)) Ride like POTC

The story behind this is to tell the story of Marry Poppins. I belive this would look nice.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

There is only place I think you can build this without A) room restrictions and B) uglying up Main Street. You'd have to build it where the "Happiest Birthday on Earth" is. Not sure what to build there but that seems like the only place I'd fit.

I'd hate to hear the uproar of the removal of the secret restroom.

Chad

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

If it was at all possible, the best place to house an attraction on Main Street would to have it located well... UNDER Main Street.

Another option would be for the ride to take place on the 2nd floor on many of the shops or at least build a separate area on the 2nd floor behind the actual buildings for the ride.

Or it would just be located in the Opera House or where the current Pin Trading / Vacation Club / Piano stuff happens.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Progressive Disneylander

I think fitting an attraction of any significance would be hard to cram into Main Street. But if it were possible, I wouldn't mind an attraction in the vein of the Great Movie Ride where the entrance would be incorporated into where the Cinema is.

What I want is a fun ride that features good movies of all genres and not the boring, out-dated attraction that is found in MGM. I always liked the idea of the Great Movie Ride, but felt that at least half of the featured selections were poor choices.

It's not a great idea, but it's kinda hard to incorporate a fitting attraction into Main Street that makes any sense. It certainly is a challenge!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    I think fitting an attraction of any significance would be hard to cram into Main Street. But if it were possible, I wouldn't mind an attraction in the vein of the Great Movie Ride where the entrance would be incorporated into where the Cinema is.

What I want is a fun ride that features good movies of all genres and not the boring, out-dated attraction that is found in MGM. I always liked the idea of the Great Movie Ride, but felt that at least half of the featured selections were poor choices.

It's not a great idea, but it's kinda hard to incorporate a fitting attraction into Main Street that makes any sense. It certainly is a challenge!

I agree. The greatness of Main Street are the rides currently in place: horsedrawn carraige, omnibus, the cars.... putting a dazzling attraction would cheapen the feel of the land.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• "I Break Things"

My only question would be why? If I were to do anything to Mainstreet it would be to bring back shop specific merchandise. Aside from that all I can think that would fit would be either American Tale, possible Great Mouse Detective, Lady and the Tramp or 101 Dalmations. American Tale would be a hard sell no matter where you put it. Great mouse Detective would be out of place (good for Skyway if you wanted to do a mass blimp ride) Lady and 101 would be great, but again better suited to Fantasyland.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• I love my family!

Although I think a major attraction on main Street would be a traffic nightmare, I would use the lockers/old lost and found area that way there would be a way to keep the lines off of the main walk way.

• Mickey Mouse Slave

hmmm... Skytram People Mover
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

There is room to put an attraction building behind the east side of Main Street, and you could use either the Main Street Cinema space as the entrance or make a new gate at the east end of Center St. by the Lockers - There's plenty of space for a full-on dark ride.

The thing that would be up for discussion: What kind of ride could you tie in to 1910 Small Town America era, and would make thematic sense?

If the decide that Ratatouille isn't a forbidden topic in a few weeks, that could make an interesting Omnimover ride - through the restaurant and kitchen and the Streets of Paris...

One big design problem - they use that open space area behind Main Street now to park the parade floats at the end of their first run. But that's easily solvable. Any "show building" you put back there would need to be built like an office building - put parking under the building. Make it two or three levels, the upper parking level just slightly below grade and sized for trucks and parade floats, the lower parking level (or levels) for cars and pickups.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    American Tale
    This was released but Don Bluth, an ex-Disney animator. But I don't think that Disney owns the rights to the film.

Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post

I believe that this was actually a concept at one point. There used to be a concept art piece in the gallery with the Great Movie Ride taking the place of the Cinema.

• Minion

Well this is hard because its supposed to be 1910 1920s america turn of the century main street, i like all the busses and things roaming about main street. Maybe some type of thomas edison ride? lol

• MA Reader Since 2003

My only question would be why? If I were to do anything to Mainstreet it would be to bring back shop specific merchandise.
    My thoughts exactly, I liked Main Street a lot better when each shop was unique. The Penny Arcade used to be my favorite, I still like to go in there and watch those old penny movies or play a song on the organ. What I loved about the Old Main Street was that it was like stepping back in time and it was truly a unique shopping experience. Actually shopping there was like an attraction in itself. Now its just like one giant generic souvenir shop.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
    -Albert Einstein

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I agree. Return the shops to how they were originally and get rid of the South Coast Plaza atmosphere that Pressler turned it into. It is about stepping back in time, but more important than that it serves as a conduit by which people escape from the reality of their lives and enter a world of fantasy. A ride would ruin the experience totally.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast