Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Attention MAIN STREET MALL Shoppers:

Are you thinkin' Main Street is slowly de-volving into another DownTown Disney marketing model? Are the Victorian/Edwardian facades enough to evoke that 'hometown' turn-of-the-century feel? Seeing too many churro carts and neon glowstick vendors?

JosephTNielsen proposed a possible ride-type attraction be considered, and I say something should be done to keep alive the spirit of theme as well as the spirit of commerce (which seems lately to be getting the lion's share of the considerations).

What I propose is simple; it keeps the same storefronts (thereby keeping the same revenue generation potential), and at the same time creates new revenue opportunity in food sales: a Main Street Playhouse.

Vaudeville Theatre can only strengthen the MS thematic campaign, while adding a bit of excitement and flavor to an otherwise unappreciated area of the Park that is starving for something that guests can consider new; thus saving MS from being relegated to 'Disney Store' status.

Vaudeville comedy acts, stunts, music (maybe a Dapper Dan stage performance? Ragtime?), dance and melodrama will be the theatrical fare, as for the actual fare: small pre-prepared meals and drinks will be available as are in the 'Golden Horseshoe'.

With the popularity of the 'Billies in Frontierland, I believe the right combination of performance schedules, and the construction of a properly themed, well-appointed Playhouse where the Opera House now stands, could not only make this a success with the public, but also let MS shine a bit more than it has become used to over the years.

Some may argue that MS needs nothing, as it is a relaxing area of the Park, and should remain such a haven for the weary guest. Some would welcome a breath of fresh air for MS, but maybe not in the form of theatre productions...what is your desire for Main Street?

Re: Attention MAIN STREET MALL Shoppers:

I think the only type of attraction they could really make work would be a Show, Movie, Museum or something similar. Some place where you can go indoors, relax and really enjoy either early America or Walt himself.
    Last edited by msmith; 07-02-2007 at 12:57 PM. Reason: speeling

•   

Quote Originally Posted by msmith View Post
    I think the only type of attraction they could really make work would be a Show, Movie, Museum or something similar. Some place where you can go indoors, relax and really enjoy either early America or Walt himself.
    That's exactly what they have now..so you are in favor of no/little change? I should have made this a poll, maybe...hmmm...

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I'm cool with that idea Fo'C. It just seems now that they are keeping the same faces on the stores, but filling them with the same tired merchandise. If it takes a show like you mentioned to add some life or variety to MS, I'm all for it.

Chad

•   

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I'm cool with that idea Fo'C. It just seems now that they are keeping the same faces on the stores, but filling them with the same tired merchandise. If it takes a show like you mentioned to add some life or variety to MS, I'm all for it.

Chad
    Exactly. I would like some element of the 'unique' to inhabit MS for a change. The theatre certainly isn't the only way one could accomplish this--just the way I propose; I am certain there are better ideas than mine out there somewhere...

yeah that was pretty vague...lol. I do think it would be nice to have an attraction of sort there but only if it fits. I enjoy how relaxing that area can be but agree that it needs new life. Maybe do more with Trains, Firestation. How about making the shopping specific to the store?

•   

Quote Originally Posted by msmith View Post
    yeah that was pretty vague...lol. I do think it would be nice to have an attraction of sort there but only if it fits. I enjoy how relaxing that area can be but agree that it needs new life. Maybe do more with Trains, Firestation. How about making the shopping specific to the store?
    I think that is outstanding. Capital Idea--I've always loved the 'train store' when I went to Knott's as a child (and adult).

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    Exactly. I would like some element of the 'unique' to inhabit MS for a change. The theatre certainly isn't the only way one could accomplish this--just the way I propose; I am certain there are better ideas than mine out there somewhere...
    I promise to back you up on this idea Fo'C, if and only if you leave my Splash Mountain alone!

Chad

•   

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I promise to back you up on this idea Fo'C, if and only if you leave my Splash Mountain alone!

Chad
    Being that I may be the only person alive who would consider tearing out Splash Mountain, you have little to fear from me. But if it means support for my lame-brain notions, then I say 'we have an accord'.

• 88 mph

I'm trying to figure out what your name means.

All I got right now is Fo Shizzle Swab!

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Jeronius View Post
    I'm trying to figure out what your name means.

All I got right now is Fo Shizzle Swab!
    Hehe..not nearly so...contemporary. It is the oldest nautical abbrevation of the part of the ship known as the FOreCaStLE, which is where the common sailor, and rated seamen lived. (pronounced "foke-sull")

• 88 mph

Hehe..not nearly so...contemporary. It is the oldest nautical abbrevation of the part of the ship known as the FOreCaStLE, which is where the common sailor, and rated seamen lived. (pronounced "foke-sull")
    Speaking of seamen!

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• Banned User

Meh
    I noticed all of this for almost 20 years, nothing new.
    But thanks for pointing it out.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by TheManator View Post
    Meh
    I noticed all of this for almost 20 years, nothing new.
    But thanks for pointing it out.
    So has most everyone else, that is the point of this thread: nothing new.

• 88 mph

(pronounced "foke-sull")
    Wow i actually pronounced it right when i first saw the name! Sweet beans!

-Adidas

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast