Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Disneyland Hotel or Grand California Hotel

i was wondering which of these two hotels have the best ammenties(sp?) i am planning on taking a road trip with me, my sister and couple of friends during the winter break. We will probably have about 6 or 7 people. What are the different rates per room and when is the best time to go during the winter break to also see the christmas decorations. Do the hotels rooms offer two or three bedrooms. how many people can they hold. Any discounts for a certain number of people in a couple of rooms. You can add information that might be helpful for me.

P.S. We are probably going to get a five day parkhoppers

Re: Disneyland Hotel or Grand California Hotel

Discounts are few and far between. I enjoy both hotels. If you want two or three bedrooms, you're looking at booking a suite.

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

I am a huge fan of the Grand Californian although I cannot give you any advice on the Disneyland Hotel as I have never stayed there. While at the Grand, I have only stayed on concierge level and it is wonderful. I know I'm paying for all the treats in the lounge but that's one of the reasons why I stay there. I enjoy being so close to the parks, being able to walk a short way to freshen up or use the pool. There are also dvd's you can borrow at night to watch on the room's plasma TV. It is definately my favorite hotel at DL.

• Neep meep beep

If you have kids, they would enjoy the Disneyland Hotel more - the theming is based on the Disney Characters, and the rooms, and the pool, are more fun for kids. The Grand Californian Hotel is a nicer, and quieter, hotel, however.

• Sock Puppet

We are all about 18

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Grand Calif. would have more amenities, I'd think, but it's pricier. It's newer and nicer than DLH. But again, it costs more. DLH has gorgeous grounds and, of course, is very historic. It's also a great hotel!

I'm not sure when your winter break is, but it gets busier the closer to Christmas and stays busy through New Years.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Closed Account

If you're looking for a more luxurious fancy adult atmosphere go with GC.
    While the DLH is aimed more at kids, I'm 16 and I still enjoy the animation and character theming. There's a Peter Pan pool, so if you have Peter Pan fans in your group they would enjoy that.

• Minion

Blog Entries

What about the Paradise Pier Hotel... LOL... Just Kidding... I have only been in the room in the grand and the pier and the grands rooms are tiny... The Piers are pretty big... They actually have queen size beds not doubles... In addition to the queens they also have a twin pull out....
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• Minion

i think your allowed to go to other pools if u stay any of the three hotels though, maybe im wrong. well we stayed at the paradise pier and we wanted to check out the disneyland hotel pool and we got in

• Minion

The Disneyland Hotel is more family-oriented and magical because of the integrating of Disney characters into the theming of the hotel. You won't find any references to Disney characters inside the Grand Californian Hotel. However, the Grand Californian Hotel is much more luxurious and elegant; a true 4 star luxury hotel. My preference is the Grand Californian Hotel simply because of the atmosphere and the immersion it provides. It's such a relaxing retreat away from the crowds, whereas the Disneyland Hotel gets a bit crowded and noisy at times.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

My room at the Grand had subtle Snow White and Bambi characters. Framed Snow White paintings in the bedroom and the shower curtain had Bambi, Thumper and friends. Nightly turn down message cards were decorated with Bambi characters. I thought my room was very good sized. A king size bed with a couch that opened up into a queen.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SorcererMickey View Post
    My room at the Grand had subtle Snow White and Bambi characters. Framed Snow White paintings in the bedroom and the shower curtain had Bambi, Thumper and friends. Nightly turn down message cards were decorated with Bambi characters. I thought my room was very good sized. A king size bed with a couch that opened up into a queen.

Ooops! I totally forgot about the decorations inside the room. You're right. I do remember touches of Disney characters in my room. In that case, I would definitely go with the Grand Californian Hotel.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Ok, having been fortunate enough to stay at both (thanks to WONDERFUL friends!!!) I looked to see if I had pics to tell the difference but... I don't really have any room shots.
    The GCH was a bit smaller than the DLH, but the bathroom was bigger and the beds were SO much better!!

Here';s a long view of the GCH (ignore the MCers in the frame )

And a close up of the shower curtain that HM mentioned:

As you can see, the Disney touches are subtle.

I don't have any long shots of the DLH... this was the best I could do, BUT it does say Disney everywhere. This tink WP border lights up in the dark too, BTW.

Personally, I'd choose GCH over DLH for the comfort and convenience factor. But it really depends on what you are looking for.
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 07-02-2007 at 08:35 PM.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Donalds younger brother

I have stayed at all three there. I actually prefer the pardise pier. Lol I know I am crazy. I love all three dont get me wrong but there but for some reason me and my wife really enjoyed the paradise pier.

I've got to vote for the GC. It was super nice. I really enjoyed the pools. The only thing that was weird was - at night it reminded me of The Shining. I kept waiting to see those little girls playing with the ball in the hallway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast