Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Herbie53

Re: Is great moments with Mr Lincoln coming back this year or 2008?

I think it should be GRAPE moments with Mr. Lincoln, sponsored by Welch's Grape Jelly!

He will bring you thru the history of grapes while contantly stomping on grapes for wine.

Of course in the lobby would be the Grape Juice Bar.
    Favorite sites of the moment:
    Mice Age
    Mouse Clubhouse
    TV Shows on DVD

The Lincoln "Haircut/Buzzing Flies/Legless Soldier" Show was horrific! Why should Disney spend money to bring this show back?

Opera House is a prime location. I don't think it will ever live up to it's full potential.

However, I am obligated to smirk, "I wonder how popular the Opera House would be if they did install Muppet*Vision in the early 90's?"

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher View Post
    Opera House is a prime location. I don't think it will ever live up to it's full potential.
    I would say prime location for a store... no one notices the sad little Opera House unless they are waiting for a parade or it has a character standing next to it. Because of the way the lobby is designed it looks more like a storefront than an attraction. The old movie house has a similar problem.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Know More Than You Should

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I would say prime location for a store... no one notices the sad little Opera House unless they are waiting for a parade or it has a character standing next to it. Because of the way the lobby is designed it looks more like a storefront than an attraction. The old movie house has a similar problem.
    Funny you should mention, because at the Magic Kingdom in Florida, it is a store, and it's called Exposition Hall.

It's still pretty empty though.

• MA Reader Since 2003

I hope they bring back a new and improved version of the old show. I loved it even as a kid. Whatever they do they need to do something because the Steve Martin thing doesnt warrant repeat visits.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
    -Albert Einstein

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I know I started a thread about keeping Lincoln on Main Street. But in all fairness the location of the Opera House is not prime real estate to have an attraction, and I think that is partly the reason Lincoln is not so popular.

I am in no way changing my tune and advocating it be moved to another location, but to be completely honest, whenever I enter the park for the first time I never stop to see Lincoln first. I have to walk through Town Square and take in the atmosphere and walk past the corner and finally see the castle come into view, at the same time absorbing the entire atmosphere. It is something I do that helps me take in the awe and wonder of the park. Stopping to see Lincoln first really breaks this experience up for me. Sure if I get time I will go see it but then I have to backtrack.

Should Lincoln be moved? No. Its location on Main Street complements each other quite well. Should it stay? Yes, by all means. There is nothing in the park that shows Walt's modesty than this exhibit that displays Walt's admiration for a man that was arguably even more important that Walt himself.

• Sector Two Droid Repair

Let's face it people. Lincoln is never coming back no matter how much the fan boys want it. The show never attracted enough people to keep it going. It all boils down to no one wants to learn while at a theme park. They want to have mindless rides. That is the reason Golden Dreams at DCA is empty, why the tortilla and bread tours are empty and why Epcot has been deamed "The Most Boring Place on Earth". Why do you think they removed Horizons and World of Motion for thrill rides? I think the place will either be turned into a store or made into a Pixar ride or show.
    This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
    Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12