Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Soaring over America

I think it would be a great idea if Disney would do a new movie for the 4th of July holiday (they could keep it up all summer) Soaring over America. They theme out Christmas, I think it would be neat to change out California and theme it to America. They could Soar over the Grand Canyon, they could soar over Alaska, Hawaii, Mississippi River, Vermont, Statue of Liberty I think it would be neat and add something new to a great ride.

just my idea
    Janette

Re: Soaring over America

i like the idea and I'm even willing to over look the theming issue you would be creating.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Leofoenget View Post
    I think it would be a great idea if Disney would do a new movie for the 4th of July holiday (they could keep it up all summer) Soaring over America. They theme out Christmas, I think it would be neat to change out California and theme it to America. They could Soar over the Grand Canyon, they could soar over Alaska, Hawaii, Mississippi River, Vermont, Statue of Liberty I think it would be neat and add something new to a great ride.

just my idea
    Good Idea Leo,

I was hoping this is exactly what they would do in Florida. They took the lazy road, used the same film and VOILA', you have Soarin' (not over California). Bad Show WDW, bad show.

Chad

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Even though Soarin' is one of the few attractions in DCA that is actually themed properly, and I would hate to see it lose its position as one of the thematic pillars of the Park, even temporarily; in spite of it all, I like this idea.

I would love to see an attraction in DCA or Disneyland that celebrated America once again. A well-thought out idea, Leo--good job.

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Soaring over America sounds cool...id ride that.

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• Banned User

Soarin' over, down into, and through the Grand Canyon would be incredible all by itself.

• Defying gravity

I agree. The video has always been Christmas time 2000. It should have been updated for the 50th, for different seasons, etc. and most certainly for WDW! I wouldn't think that this would be too expensive since it's just the last few shots of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I was hoping this is exactly what they would do in Florida. They took the lazy road, used the same film and VOILA', you have Soarin' (not over California). Bad Show WDW, bad show.
    Yeah, we were hoping the same thing. Especially as my wife had mentioned something to Tony Baxter about a year before they announced the Florida installation as to how the technology would lend itself to SO many other flying experiences. She mentioned one to Tony, but it wasn't a flight over America.

However, when they first announced the FL version, that was what we thought they'd be doing, not the DCA film all over again. As you said, Bad Show.

• Premium Youngling and

That would be interesting... sounds like fun but kind of a waste to only be used once a year

• Minion FOREVER!

Sorry, I guess in place of Swab, I'm going to have to be the "Theme Police" on this one...

Just kidding...!

This (and Soar'n over the World) were both suggested for the Epcot version.

As a one month overlay celebrating the 4th, I think it's a good idea. Then WDC can
    turn around and replace the one in Epcot w/ it, permanently...!
    Last edited by nish221; 07-03-2007 at 03:47 PM. Reason: grammer error

• Zero Blockout Dates

I've posted it before, I really do wish Soarin' took me places I couldn't and haven't driven to for the day. Yanno? Heck even a fly over of the Channel Islands would be something most Californians have never seen.

But it IS called Soarin' Over California and it is in California Adventure so I can see the logic behind it.

They don't change out the films at Christmas do they? Its always ended with the fly over of the Christmas Parade at Disneyland that I remember. Though they could show a couple different versions of the film. I mean the film hardly even scratches the surface of the state.

Personally I'd rather see Hawai'i or some other part of the world.

Heck I'd be happy if they just dumped those sad dirty prints they're using now for DLP or something of the sort.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Uzmati View Post
    Heck I'd be happy if they just dumped those sad dirty prints they're using now for DLP or something of the sort.
    I'm not sure that DLP is capable of projecting an image of the same size and quality of a 70mm print just yet. They may be close, though.

I agree that prints of the film need to be kept fresh and new as much as possible.

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by TiaDalmaFan View Post
    I'm not sure that DLP is capable of projecting an image of the same size and quality of a 70mm print just yet. They may be close, though.

I agree that prints of the film need to be kept fresh and new as much as possible.

Those prints look like somebody spilled a coke on them then dried that mess up with a churro. The screens could use some TLC too.

Still love that ride though.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Minion

Quit complaining people or you'll end up with Soarin' Over Beautiful Downtown Burbank

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    Quit complaining people or you'll end up with Soarin' Over Beautiful Downtown Burbank

Soarin over Griffith Park, Soarin over Dodger Stadium, Soarin over the Glendale Galleria.... sounds like fun!!
    Janette

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast