• MICE~CHAT Resident DJ

Missing Disneyland!!!!!

Gosh it has been miserable....My wife was sent to Ireland for 3 weeks on business and we haven't renewed our passes since the beginning of June!!! As soon as she gets back we are going to go at it for another fun filled year. We have yet to see Nemo and the kids and I have been dying to go back!! I miss the sights and sounds that we are so used to experiencing on a weekly basis! She cant come home fast enough!! It is my goal to finally make a meet and finally meet everyone. She will be home on the 14th so We will make plans to go back on the 21st. I am counting down the days!!!

Re: Missing Disneyland!!!!!

I feel your pain. Living on the east coast, I'm only able to get to DL at least once a year.
    Photographers Unite!
    Preserve Our Liberties

"Mono" means one and "rail" means... rail.

• Minion

I only get to visit every few years! A few months seem like not that big a deal to wait for me!

I was just there last week and I miss it dearly as always! Luckily, I'm going back at the end of this month.

• =)

You poor dear. Missing it because you've been gone a whole month or so? That must be absolutely dreadful for you, especially because your wife is in such a butt-ugly place as Ireland. And you've only been able to go on a weekly basis in the past? Wow. Deepest condolences, man.

::fights urge to blow up in the middle of yet another thread about the pains of so-called "long" gaps between visits, but decides not to since the resulting explosion might cost me a leg or two and thereby make it impossible for me to take my first real trip to the park in 2.5 years, which I'm feeling quite grateful for::

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I am not going to get down there again until May '08....that's nearly a year from now and over a year and a half from my last visit.

((of course I am going to Disney World next month so don't cry for me Argentina))
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Minion

I know it is hard to give it up once you get used to it, but I likely won't be at DL again till next summer, and my last DL trip was back in December 2005. Sure I am going to WDW next month, but that is just a substitute, because of money problems. So to help you deal with missing Disneyland, think of how lucky you have it compared to those of use who have to wait another year or more.

• Minion

I probably have to wait another year. I was lucky this year to go twice, but that's the most I've gone in a year. The hard part is that I'm only about an hour away from it, but I can't go.
    The daydream princess

• Must Ride Space Mountain

Blog Entries

Cool Re: Missing Disneyland!!!!!

You know. This website has kept me happy. If it wasn't for one of the members I met recently at the POTC worlds end opening nite I would be longing for the place alone every day.

True many of us are a little spoiled and either very wealthy or heavly in debt. We frequent the park either weekly, monthly or yearly. My family just purchased a new house and it has put a hugh strain on our budget (living in Caliornia AAAH), but I want to live as close to the park as possible. Currently I could not afford to live in Anaheim Hills or near by and I hate to live two hours a way but I think about my Brother who lives a 3 days drive a way who faithfully renews his AP with his wife every year.

So hang in there guys, all of you who can't see the place but once a year. The sights and smells of the park will be felt very soon. When my family pass through the enterence and we hear the music and take a deep breath and smell the ambieonce (bad spelling) of the park it hits us in our core.

My Husband (wife writing today) loves to read the little post at the main gate "Here we leave today and enter a world of Fantasy, Tomorrow and Adventure". I know I screwed that up but oh well.

When ever you make the adventure to the wonderful park again enjoy it.

See you there
    I know you, I walked with you once apon a dream. See ya at the park! BFA. (Black Family Alert).

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

I'm one of the crazy people. One week after coming home from my vacation I booked my flight and hotel for my next trip in Dec. I am fortunate enough to have my best friend live 2 blocks away from DL and he has an open door policy for me to stay with him. Thanks to him I usually go 3 or 4 times a year. Even though I live in CT I have an AP. It ended up being cheaper and more cost effective to buy the AP instead of buying a 4 or 5 day park hopper each time I went. I'm doing a few nights at the DLH in Dec because I'll be celebrating my birthday and I would much rather sleep in a bed than on a couch.

I never take being able to visit DL for granted. I love each and every day I'm there. I also won't book a trip if I can't pay off the credit card when the next bill comes out.