Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Merry 2014!

wow. the way you are describing DCA i don't think i have really seen the park. i have been on the rides- TOT, Soarin', Screamin, mullholland, GRR. Never eaten a the park cause i didn't think i could afford it. never really paid attention to the themeing because of lack of shade to just sit and enjoy. i may have to really visit it next trip. thanks for the positve spin!! i do like the fact that stitch and lilo and jojo and stanley are available for pics!
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jwbear
    Am I the only one who likes Golden Dreams?
    I am one that doesn't...

While it is a nice film, something you expect to see at a National Park or on PBS, that is what it is, a basic film, and a bit too much PC IMHO.

It could be shown at the AMC Theaters at DtD, or placed on DVD/VHS and it would be the same experience....

Alas, we could have a Carousel of Progress type experience, as shown in the original plans, though the stages would have moved instead of the seats. But it would be an unique experience you could only get at a Theme Park...

I didn't pay admission to a park to watch a movie, I came to ride rides, and enjoy unique attractions and shows....

Golden Dreams could leave tomorrow and it would have no real impact on the park, heck, it hardly has large crowds, except for peak days when it is usually hot and folks are looking for AC!

And while they get rid of Golden Dreams, take that AWFUL Burnt Coffee smell along for the ride!!!!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Confuzled Woozle

-Muppet 3-D

-The Swing ride shaped like an Orange

-It's tough to be a Bug

-ToT

-The best place in the park, the Animation room (I could sit in there for hours)

-Aladdin Show

-And who could beat free tortillas?
    Did you hear about the three blondes who were driving to Disneyland?
    After being in the car for hours, they saw a sign that said "Disneyland left" so they turned around and went home.

• Confuzled Woozle

Oh, and I forgot to add GRR and Soarin'
    Did you hear about the three blondes who were driving to Disneyland?
    After being in the car for hours, they saw a sign that said "Disneyland left" so they turned around and went home.

• Iron-Clad Allie

RIDES -

Soaring, GRR, ToT, Golden Zephyr, Heimlich's Chew Chew Train, Flik's Flyers, Francis' Ladybug Boogie, Tuck and Roll's Drive'Em Buggies, Jumpin' Jellyfish, and King Triton's Carousel.

SPECIAL ATTRACTIONS -

It's Tough To Be A Bug, Seasons of the Vine, presented by Robert Mondavi Winery, Disney Animation, Princess Dot Puddle Park, and Games of the Boardwalk.

SHOWS & PARADES -

Hyperion Theater featuring Disney's Aladdin - A Musical Spectacular, Electrical Light Parade, Block Party Bash, "Playhouse Disney - Live on Stage!", Redwood Creek Challenge Trail featuring The Magic of Brother Bear" Totem Ceremony, and The Ugly Bug Ball,

DINING -

Mission Tortilla Factory, hosted by Mission Foods, Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill hosted by Mission Foods, , Taste Pilots' Grill, Bur-r-r Bank Ice Cream, hosted by Nestlé© Ice Cream, Baker's Field Bakery, hosted by Nescafe©, Ariel's Grotto featuring Ariel, Award Wieners, Bountiful Valley Farmers Market, Burger Invasion, hosted by McDonald's, The Lucky Fortune Cookery, Pizza Oom Mow Mow, Sam Andreas Shakes, and Strips, Dips, n' Chips.

SHOPPING -

Engine Ears Toys, Fly 'n' Buy, Gone Hollywood, Greetings from California, P.T. Flea Market, Rizzo's Prop and Pawn Shop, Rushin' River Outfitters, Souvenir 66, Treasures in Paradise, Dinosaur Jack's Sunglass Shack, Man Hat 'n' Beach, Pacific Ocean Photos, Point Mugu Tattoo, and Sideshow Shirts.

FUTURE ATRACTIONS - one or two new headliner rides, Monsters, Inc. dark ride, Turtle Talk with Crush, and Little Mermaid dry to wet ride (guided by an overhead rail like Peter Pan).

A NEW NAME THAT WILL REPLACE DISNEY'S CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE AS THE PARK'S NAME/THEME - POSSIBLY DISNEY-PIXAR STUDIOS (if Pixar remains a partner).
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-29-2005 at 08:15 PM.

• That Guy

I too like DCA, but I am a DLR rookie, so I don't have the history to hate DCA.

I love the shop where I bought some super-cool DLR potato head parts, everyone at my office is muy jealous.

I also like the overall slow pace of the resort. There is no rush, and everyone got that memo. Nice and relaxed. I have been four times, but have never been on the tortilla tour, or seen the movie, but I will add those to my list.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by jwbear
    Am I the only one who likes Golden Dreams?
    Guess so. I'd heard there was one person, just never found anyone to admit it before.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel
    Guess so. I'd heard there was one person, just never found anyone to admit it before.
    I freely admit it so that makes two of us. It's a bit too PC for me but does a good job at distilling the allure that California has held for many millions of people for hundreds of years who were looking for a better life. It certainly caught my imagination when I first came here in the early '50s.

We really have a unique and very important state in this great country and I think this dislike for DCA has more to do with a general disdain for The State of California than anything else.

• I was deleted.

Well I must say there are still some things in DCA that I simply have not the desire to do. Granted I do spend more time visiting the parks on each visit compared to the average tourist guest but I would just simply spend my time doing other things.

My absolute favorite part of DCA is The Electrical Light Parade! I know it's wierd having it in DCA, but I love it still. I get so excited when I hear that music... especially in the park after the lights go out.

Screamin' in my favorite coaster.

I love the Animation building

My mom loves Soarin' and it is great.

Muppets is also fun!

But I must also add the ease of meeting characters in this park is amazing! And the access to food is better. I Ariel's Grotto because it's a mix of the two.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries
    I've never even seen Golden Dreams.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

•   
    • Prefect

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinKing!
    UNfortunately with Turle Talk coming in to the animation building I beleive they will be having more meet and greets and princess watch-ya-ma-call-it's there. That saddens me but hey what can ya do I love that building too!
    uggh...the meet & greets are ruining the animation building!! i don't mind having a designated meet & greet spot, but not when it hinders enjoying an existing attraction. they should use the diner in the backlot that i've only seen used for AP preview days.
    <o>

•   
    • Prefect

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland
    I've never even seen Golden Dreams.
    i haven't seen it either. my son has a movie theatre phobia, so i don't get to do many "inside" attractions/dark rides. i taught CA history, so i would be interested to see how it is.
    <o>

• The one, the only...

I do like sourn' over California... I wish I could name more but after going to WDW, I feel many of the rides like Muppets, Tough to be a bug and ToT are just poor copies to the original in Florida.

One of the reasons I fell in love with Disneyland, is that Walt built rides that were cutting edge. No one else was doing them at the time, and still have trouble matching even today. At DCA, I just keep on feeling that I have seen all these rides before at a local carnival that when through my local town. I feel "been there, done that..."
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    I thought Golden Dreams was fine. It is exactly like something I would expect to see at Epcot's World Showcase, which are also very PC (and, indeed, meant to serve as commercials for the nations showcased), and I have never heard any real complaints about those films. They aren't geared toward kids (neither is Golden Dreams), but Epcot is a more adult-oriented park, as is California Adventure. Truthfully, I think Golden Dreams is really the centerpiece attraction of the theme park--it ties all of the areas and themes of the entire park together and gives guests a background on them, so I think it is an essential attraction if any California theme is to be kept. Otherwise, it's a park with four disparate lands with no clearly stated connection.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

-great places to buy food
    -the Aladdin musical
    -Soarin'
    -Block Party Bash
    -Less Crowds
    -Tower of Terror
    oh and
    - the Electrical parade!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast