Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12345122752 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 901
  1. #16

    • "I Break Things"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,370

    Re: Jungle Cruise Antics (Merged)

    How about Pizza Boy's "moment" in the Native Village.

    John P. trapped in the old trunk at Unload

    Tommy S. and his "Skittles" spiel (I actually cried the first time I heard that)

    Shaun, Big Mike, and the "little" tree branch

    "Matt" being tied to the post at Unload!

    Lights on EMPTY dock on Jeff... where he didn't know what to do.

    Jungle Cruise Sumo Style

    Jungle Cruise Beauty Contest (held during the beauty pageant when Mike B. was announced "Miss Pro-Towel" complete with tiara.)

    and who could forget "Search for Simba"... yeah someone didn't think that through!

    Living in Sin.. miss that dock joke.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  2. #17

    • Once A Skip Always A Skip
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Tropic Rivers of Adventure
    Posts
    622

    Re: Jungle Cruise Antics (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    How about Pizza Boy's "moment" in the Native Village.

    John P. trapped in the old trunk at Unload

    Tommy S. and his "Skittles" spiel (I actually cried the first time I heard that)

    Shaun, Big Mike, and the "little" tree branch

    "Matt" being tied to the post at Unload!

    Lights on EMPTY dock on Jeff... where he didn't know what to do.

    Jungle Cruise Sumo Style

    Jungle Cruise Beauty Contest (held during the beauty pageant when Mike B. was announced "Miss Pro-Towel" complete with tiara.)

    and who could forget "Search for Simba"... yeah someone didn't think that through!

    Living in Sin.. miss that dock joke.

    I can't believe I forgot to mention the time when a skipper (no need to mention names) dressed himself in a guest's Jacket and hat, and had the guests convince the lead that he had jumped out of the boat, only to reveal he had been on the boat the whole time and the crew had actually unloaded him. I though the lead's head was going to explode.

    Of course there was the Aladdin's Oasis incident

    Skippah Adam holding two window oars on the dock.
    TrojanSkippah:
    Hey Adam which one are you going to choose?

    Adam:
    I dunno, either or (oar)

    The Indiana Jones moment at the Indy queue
    (Think of that scene where the guy with the big sword come out in Raiders of the Lost Ark)

    The black footed rock hopper

    Benny's "drinking" the jungle water

    -Here to unload you today is Shaun and his lovely wife Patrick
    -Uh...we're not married
    -You're not? What are you living in sin?
    -No...Vermont

    Scooby Doo ending

    Techskip, I remember when John got locked in the trunk!
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

  3. #18

    • "I Break Things"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,370

    Re: Jungle Cruise Antics (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by TrojanSkippa View Post
    I can't believe I forgot to mention the time when a skipper (no need to mention names) dressed himself in a guest's Jacket and hat, and had the guests convince the lead that he had jumped out of the boat, only to reveal he had been on the boat the whole time and the crew had actually unloaded him. I though the lead's head was going to explode.

    Of course there was the Aladdin's Oasis incident

    Skippah Adam holding two window oars on the dock.
    TrojanSkippah:
    Hey Adam which one are you going to choose?

    Adam:
    I dunno, either or (oar)

    The Indiana Jones moment at the Indy queue
    (Think of that scene where the guy with the big sword come out in Raiders of the Lost Ark)

    The black footed rock hopper

    Benny's "drinking" the jungle water

    -Here to unload you today is Shaun and his lovely wife Patrick
    -Uh...we're not married
    -You're not? What are you living in sin?
    -No...Vermont

    Scooby Doo ending

    Techskip, I remember when John got locked in the trunk!
    - Matt's little angle trick where he held a water bottle just right and sprayed it to look like he was "going" in the water! One of the few times I lost composure and dropped the mic I was rolling with that one!
    - Rock Hopper... Benny gave me a bruise because of that!
    - Benny and the fireboy going off!
    - Heather's rescue mission at the Gorilla Camp
    - Pat's unfortunate wardrobe malfunction with his pants
    - Backside of water in a "Poptart" with the waterfalls off and a Skip screaming on the other side that he's about to crash!
    - Jungle Cruise Ho Down... complete with Oar Guitar, Drums, Maracas, Tambourine, and Jug.
    - David's derail in Hippo (towed BACKWARDS to the dock).
    - REALLY LOUD BANG on a last trip (had to be there for that!)
    - Skull Canoe prisoners
    - Grants final backside of water joke (BEST BACKSIDE JOKE EVER!)

    There is plenty that Mousetales has either forgotten or has yet to record and I for one am glad!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  4. #19

    • Adventurer Slash Explorer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    900

    Re: Jungle Cruise Antics (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    - Matt's little angle trick where he held a water bottle just right and sprayed it to look like he was "going" in the water! One of the few times I lost composure and dropped the mic I was rolling with that one!
    - Rock Hopper... Benny gave me a bruise because of that!
    - Benny and the fireboy going off!
    - Heather's rescue mission at the Gorilla Camp
    - Pat's unfortunate wardrobe malfunction with his pants
    - Backside of water in a "Poptart" with the waterfalls off and a Skip screaming on the other side that he's about to crash!
    - Jungle Cruise Ho Down... complete with Oar Guitar, Drums, Maracas, Tambourine, and Jug.
    - David's derail in Hippo (towed BACKWARDS to the dock).
    - REALLY LOUD BANG on a last trip (had to be there for that!)
    - Skull Canoe prisoners
    - Grants final backside of water joke (BEST BACKSIDE JOKE EVER!)

    There is plenty that Mousetales has either forgotten or has yet to record and I for one am glad!
    I know you can't/won't tell me. But I gotta say. Just reading your coded ways of reminding each other is making me laugh.


  5. #20

    • "I Break Things"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,370

    Re: Jungle Cruise Antics (Merged)

    The Jungle had many many traditions and stories, some that I was a part of and others that were before my time! There are countless pranks, stories, memories, and overall Hilarious times. For me being a Skip was a privilege, more then just the standard 9-5! It was always a strange feeling when you met someone new and their comment was "I've heard you did..." or " Did you really..." or "My trainer told me that I had to ask you about..." Outside the park there were plenty of people who would find out you were a Skip and then suddenly you have the "favorite joke, story, memory... is it true in MouseTales?" conversation. I can't speak for the now... only for the Jungle that I grew up in!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  6. #21

    • Once A Skip Always A Skip
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Tropic Rivers of Adventure
    Posts
    622

    Re: Jungle Cruise Antics (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by codelyokorox View Post
    I know you can't/won't tell me. But I gotta say. Just reading your coded ways of reminding each other is making me laugh.


    I realized that what we're talking about means nothing to anyone who isn't/wasn't a skip...

    ...like JeffYardDogg

    That's why we always sat in the back of the Katella Lot Shuttle, like the trouble makers we were.

    To date, the biggest compliment I have ever recieved, was telling a new school skip who I was, and having him reply...I though they made you up.
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

  7. #22

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    118

    Re: Jungle Cruise Antics (Merged)

    All I remember about being a passenger on the Jungle Cruise is how you guys knew we Utah'ns have an obsession with trampolines. Always loved the jungle cruise, it's a dreadfully boring ride, but the performance is phenomenal.

  8. #23

    • Jungle Skip
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in California
    Posts
    73

    Re: Jungle Cruise Antics (Merged)

    People from Utah have obsessions with trampolines?

    DAMN! I coulda used that one!

    Ugh.... never was quite sure what to say on those jokes...

    Oh well...
    Way to Fail Skip!

    "ADOS - Attention Deficit OOOH SHINY!" - Audra

    "I will punch you in the Ovaries!" - JM

    "Got Gas?" - SN

    "C-12 I sink Battleship. YAY!" - Ninja

    "Do you have crabs?" - DW

    "What's in this alcohol?" - Anonymous

    "Oy! You know we're going at the rocks, right?" - SN
    "SHUT UP! ASIAN DRIVER!" - GY

    "Why is the water warm?" - SN
    "SORRY!" - AP

  9. #24

    • "I Break Things"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,370

    Re: Jungle Cruise Antics (Merged)

    Trampolines, SUV's and a membership to Sam's Club! I'd forgotten that joke... the "Are you really from Utah?" test
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  10. #25

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    5

    Re: Jungle Cruise Antics (Merged)

    Okay,

    I was a Skip back in 1989 - 1999 and there were a few things that we used to do to other skips. First off back then, the track layout was different than it is now and there used to be a switch back by Trader Sam (Dominguez switch) and the storage track was also connected by a front switch up before you enter the rainforest. What we would do to skips on there last day or if they maxd out on breaks or lunchs, was to throw these switchs so that the skip could not dock at the dock to unload, he would have to continue around the river again with the same load of guest. Most guests loved that!

    The other thing we would do durning the summer was send skips out on a "Deadhead" trip (without guest). now back in the summer, we would roll the roof canopys back to open the boat up. Well once we sent the skip out with out guests, than a few of us would run back to the top of Switzer Falls with 5 gallon buckets full of water. Once the skip on the deadhead came under the falls and exited by the rapids (now attacking fish) we would dump about 20 gallons on his head, soaking him to the bone!

    Another trick to play with the guns was to take the breakdown ammo (Black ammo we used for 3 & 6 shots) and load them into the gun for the next skipper. Now the black ammo was alot louder than the regular ammo we would shoot. You can guess what sort of shock that would cause to the skipper & guests aboard.

    There are a ton more, but since the Team Disney folks seem to read stuff here I will stop there, some of the guys that used to do this are now managers or higher up in the company...

    TJSKI

  11. #26

    • "I Break Things"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,370

    Re: Jungle Cruise Antics (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by TJSKI View Post
    Another trick to play with the guns was to take the breakdown ammo (Black ammo we used for 3 & 6 shots) and load them into the gun for the next skipper. Now the black ammo was alot louder than the regular ammo we would shoot. You can guess what sort of shock that would cause to the skipper & guests aboard.

    There are a ton more, but since the Team Disney folks seem to read stuff here I will stop there, some of the guys that used to do this are now managers or higher up in the company...

    TJSKI
    Ahhh Ammo tricks...do you remember the red dot?
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  12. #27

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits
    Posts
    3,663

    Re: Jungle Cruise Antics (Merged)

    Heck, with the radios in the boats do they even issue the Skips the "emergency" full-load blanks anymore?

    --<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

  13. #28

    • Once A Skip Always A Skip
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Tropic Rivers of Adventure
    Posts
    622

    Re: Jungle Cruise Antics (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    Heck, with the radios in the boats do they even issue the Skips the "emergency" full-load blanks anymore?

    --<< Bruce >>--

    Actually they do, mostly as a safety issue to the other skippers in the jungle which was always our concern when we went to air horns. You can't hear the radio over the engine and your speiling and the other ambient noise in the jungle. You couldn't hear the airhorns either which led to a wholw host of problems at night. What you can hear is the

    *bang, bang, bang*

    or if you're really lucky

    *bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang*

    but no one ever wants to hear

    *bang, bang, bang, bang*

    that's just bad news.
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

  14. #29

    • Adventurer Slash Explorer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    900

    Re: Jungle Cruise Antics (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by TrojanSkippa View Post
    Actually they do, mostly as a safety issue to the other skippers in the jungle which was always our concern when we went to air horns. You can't hear the radio over the engine and your speiling and the other ambient noise in the jungle. You couldn't hear the airhorns either which led to a wholw host of problems at night. What you can hear is the

    *bang, bang, bang*

    or if you're really lucky

    *bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang*

    but no one ever wants to hear

    *bang, bang, bang, bang*

    that's just bad news.
    What do those mean? -curious-

  15. #30

    • Once A Skip Always A Skip
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Tropic Rivers of Adventure
    Posts
    622

    Re: Jungle Cruise Antics (Merged)

    *Two Shots: Normal amount of shots at the hippo pool
    *Three Shots: Boat is stalled, mechanical problem of some sort
    *Four shots: Medical Emergency All boats proceed forward to the dock
    *Five Shots: Not Used
    *Six Shots: Boat is unable to proceed forward (Something other than a mechanical problem)
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12345122752 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Video] Weird Al sings about the Jungle Cruise (Merged Threads)
    By mouseofblues in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 07-19-2009, 10:59 AM
  2. Tree Vs Jungle Boat (Jungle Cruise Injury) merged x 3
    By Trident in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 04-20-2007, 12:32 PM
  3. An all new Jungle Cruise
    By BigThunder in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-11-2007, 10:49 AM
  4. New Jungle Cruise
    By pieces_of_eight in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-15-2007, 06:57 PM
  5. Help on Jungle Cruise
    By JimbobJimbo in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-10-2006, 07:38 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •