Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

Re: Jungle Cruise Antics (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by TrojanSkippa View Post
    *Two Shots: Normal amount of shots at the hippo pool
    *Three Shots: Boat is stalled, mechanical problem of some sort
    *Four shots: Medical Emergency All boats proceed forward to the dock
    *Five Shots: Not Used
    *Six Shots: Boat is unable to proceed forward (Something other than a mechanical problem)
    And my favorite antic that's ever happened was when our skipper stopped in the middle of the pirahnas, and started shouting into the mike when they lept up, scaring all of us silly.
    Last edited by codelyokorox; 08-03-2007 at 12:34 PM.

• "I Break Things"

Had two 4 shots in my time on the dock, THAT is scary! They don't happen very often, but when they do all He!! breaks loose.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Had two 4 shots in my time on the dock, THAT is scary! They don't happen very often, but when they do all He!! breaks loose.

I seem to remember that the old guns were the same ones used in the 1950's. They were old and had bent firing pins, and were somewhat unreliable (the geneisis of the, they really hate that clicking sound) which led to to a friend of mine having this exchange during a six-shot.

Bang, bang, bang,bang...*click,click,click*

Back at the dock

Skippers: uh..was that a four shot....everyone clear the dock, get on the radio...what's going on

The gun at this point has gone around once....

*click, click,click....Bang bang.

Back at the dock

Much rejoicing.

-"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

• Sector Two Droid Repair

My favorite skipper antic was during the native attack, he pretented he was hit with a spear and keeled over the wheel dead. As he fell over, he hit the accelerator and we went at full speed thru the rest of the ride with a dead skipper. He slowed it down at the docks but stayed dead until the cast members loaded the new guests on.
    http://www.endorexpress.net/
    Disneyland - It's better than drugs.

• A guy walks into a bar...

Sorry to correct you TrojanSkip, but we do NOT issue full-load blanks anymore. We use the same ammo for breakdowns as we do to shoot the hippos.

Because of your failure, you will now be in a four-man at front load!!!

This internet message board posting does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either my company, my friends, or my cat; don't quote me on that; don't quote me on anything; all rights reserved; you may distribute this message freely but you may not make a profit from it; terms are subject to change without notice; illustrations are slightly enlarged to show detail; any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental; do not remove this disclaimer under penalty of law; hand wash only, tumble dry on low heat; do not bend, fold, mutilate, or spindle; your mileage may vary; no substitutions allowed; for a limited time only; this message is void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted; Contest ends 12-31-2099.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by SkipperStandUp View Post
    Sorry to correct you TrojanSkip, but we do NOT issue full-load blanks anymore. We use the same ammo for breakdowns as we do to shoot the hippos.

Because of your failure, you will now be in a four-man at front load!!!
    With Suwanee, Ucy 3 maxers and stuck behind the slowest skip there is!

Aww man...not the UCY. But to be fair, front load is the firt to go down to a three man so :P

About the ammo, you are not sorry to correct me, no skipper has ever been sorry when correcting another skipper. Second, keep in mind the last time I was issued a gun was in 2000, before they were taken away the first time.
    Last edited by TrojanSkippa; 08-03-2007 at 09:15 PM.
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

• A guy walks into a bar...

Aww man...not the UCY. But to be fair, front load is the firt to go down to a three man so :P

About the ammo, you are not sorry to ccorect me, no skipper has ever been sorry when correcting another skipper. Second, keep in mind the last time I was issued a gun was in 2000, before they were taken away the first time.
    You are forgiven.

Now grab a setup.

This internet message board posting does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either my company, my friends, or my cat; don't quote me on that; don't quote me on anything; all rights reserved; you may distribute this message freely but you may not make a profit from it; terms are subject to change without notice; illustrations are slightly enlarged to show detail; any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental; do not remove this disclaimer under penalty of law; hand wash only, tumble dry on low heat; do not bend, fold, mutilate, or spindle; your mileage may vary; no substitutions allowed; for a limited time only; this message is void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted; Contest ends 12-31-2099.

• Jungle Skip

With Suwanee, Ucy 3 maxers and stuck behind the slowest skip there is!
    Now that's just mean... why would we wanna put him behind <insert name of slowest skip you know>? Just Jungle Justice him and leave him in the boat with a 3 man in the other boat!

Or u could do what you used to do to the rookies.... mic, breaker, volume level, lanyard, spent shells...

PS. I've found a new vice when I'm in the JC, sit next to a skip and heckle, or get them to drop the mic. Can't do anything else since I'm just a guest now... but it's still funny.
    Way to Fail Skip!

"ADOS - Attention Deficit OOOH SHINY!" - Audra

"I will punch you in the Ovaries!" - JM

"Got Gas?" - SN

"C-12 I sink Battleship. YAY!" - Ninja

"Do you have crabs?" - DW

"What's in this alcohol?" - Anonymous

"Oy! You know we're going at the rocks, right?" - SN
    "SHUT UP! ASIAN DRIVER!" - GY

"Why is the water warm?" - SN
    "SORRY!" - AP

• "I Break Things"

Tommy S. and his "Skittles" spiel (I actually cried the first time I heard that)
    I've decided to explain at least a couple of these. I decided on Tommy because just thinking about it makes me laugh. Hopefully some of the other Skips will take one and explain it... trust me nothing funnier then getting a group of us in one spot (If you thought your family was embarrassing just hang with us for more then 10 minutes!).

Tommy is a "little guy" probably 5'3 or 5'4 with thick "coke bottle" glasses and a "lazy" eye. Great personality.. really really funny, one of the best Skips I've known. Well, he was waiting to pull up to load and he got bored. He tipped his glasses sideways which made his eye go crazy, untucked one of his shirt tales, and then he started in. He kept purposely missing the hole every time he tried to put a bullet in, mumbling louder every time he missed. Finally he got the two in and looked up, swaying back and forth a little, untucked glasses still crooked.

"What's wrong Tommy"
    "Nuthin' just one of those days"
    "What?"
    "New meds... Monday it's the green pill, Tuesday it's the blue one... Wednesday that big yellow thing... hey what day's it anyways?"
    "It's Saturday Tommy... why?"
    "Oh yeah... Skittles Day" turns to his now loaded boat "Your gonna love this trip, I know I am!"
    Sometimes he would do the whole "Now entering the Jungle Fully Loaded, just like me!"

Actual comment from Guest getting off at the end "I am not sure if he was joking, serious, or just completely crazy but that was the best Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd trip I have taken into outer space!" Like I said on a few other threads, it was those I was around that made me a Skipper, no amount of training can compare with the OJT I received.

If I remember correctly he is now a member of the law enforcement community!

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Tommy is a "little guy" probably 5'3 or 5'4 with thick "coke bottle" glasses and a "lazy" eye. Great personality.. really really funny, one of the best Skips I've known. Well, he was waiting to pull up to load and he got bored. He tipped his glasses sideways which made his eye go crazy, untucked one of his shirt tales, and then he started in. He kept purposely missing the hole every time he tried to put a bullet in, mumbling louder every time he missed. Finally he got the two in and looked up, swaying back and forth a little, untucked glasses still crooked.

"What's wrong Tommy"
    "Nuthin' just one of those days"
    "What?"
    "New meds... Monday it's the green pill, Tuesday it's the blue one... Wednesday that big yellow thing... hey what day's it anyways?"
    "It's Saturday Tommy... why?"
    "Oh yeah... Skittles Day" turns to his now loaded boat "Your gonna love this trip, I know I am!"
    Sometimes he would do the whole "Now entering the Jungle Fully Loaded, just like me!"

Actual comment from Guest getting off at the end "I am not sure if he was joking, serious, or just completely crazy but that was the best Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd trip I have taken into outer space!" Like I said on a few other threads, it was those I was around that made me a Skipper, no amount of training can compare with the OJT I received.

If I remember correctly he is now a member of the law enforcement community!
    And with those "qualifications" I'll bet he'd do great on undercover work - no perp would EVER guess he'd been through a Police Academy and actually been issued a badge and a gun...

You can walk right into an armed robbery in progress and live to tell your grandkids if you can do a convincing "Crazy Guggenheim" act (Google it) and you have the requisite <ahem> big brass ones.

You wander in like the local wino nut job and surveil the whole situation, and maybe even get in the perfect position to end it.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• is too darn hot.

About the ammo, you are not sorry to correct me, no skipper has ever been sorry when correcting another skipper. Second, keep in mind the last time I was issued a gun was in 2000, before they were taken away the first time.
    Are you who I think you are?
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    Are you who I think you are?
    No...

PM me and find out, I must maintain my secret (or not so secret depending on who you ask) identity here on the boards.

• "I Break Things"

- Heather's rescue mission at the Gorilla Camp
    If she ever reads this I am a dead man!
    Heather is by far one of the sweetest girls I have ever known. She had this bubbly valley girl voice and she always did the "cutesy" voice/jokes. She was actually pretty funny and one of several I knew who could take out a heckler! Anyhow

Heather's boat was the first boat to stall in the Gorilla camp with the new animation. Boat stalled, BFD, been there done that. Her boat was the last one out so we jumped in the one at load, grabbed a rope, and off we went. Every boat has a radio and we cranked ours in case her boat magically came back to life. As we went past the squirter we heard the Gorilla gunshots and then we heard Heather "Jungle Central be advised I am in the Gorilla...Oh **** OH **** Turn the ****ing animation off! (explosion and loud scream) OMG is everyone ok?" One of the only times I have ever fallen off the captains crate laughing! It was not done on purpose, even we couldn't have predicted that one.

To explain; Heather's boat was sitting ON TOP of the water cannon, we accidentally tripped the sensor for the cannon, and they hadn't turned off the animation to kill the cannon! If you have ever been on top of the cannon it shakes the whole boat, very loud, and splashes a little on the sides! There have been times when cycling empty boats that we've had this happen, it's actually pretty fun!

• Embrace the kitsch!

How about Pizza Boy's "moment" in the Native Village.

<snip lots of Jungle pranks/ad libs>

Living in Sin.. miss that dock joke.
    So does anybody still do stuff like this anymore? Every time I ride, I get the same by the numbers, completely OG, PC "safe" spiel. The jokes might be different sometimes, but it's still obvious that the skips are working from a cut and dried script where their only option is whether to pick joke A, B, or C. It's sad, but I can't remember the last time I heard anyone laugh on Jungle.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast