Page 1 of 61 1234112651 ... LastLast

• "I Break Things"

Jungle Cruise Antics (Merged)

I would have posted this on a similar thread but it is locked so here's a new one. I'm not talking about the pranks in MouseTails (Did some of those), I'm talking about the pranks you didn't read about or didn't hear about. It is one thing when a Skip plays with the crew, quite another when they prank their own. Here are a couple examples

Instead of loading the gun before switching the Skipper loads 2 spent rounds, then cleverly tucks the lanyard UNDER the ammo box. When the poor Skip goes to fire at the Hippos the lanyard causes the box to spill all over... effect was amazing.

Skippers love to unplug the mic but leave it in a position so it looks like it is still plugged in. Usually the other Skip wouldn't figure out it was unplugged until most of the crew was loaded, then they would scramble to try and find out what the "problem" was. A couple old skips would use their own mic, so they would tangle 2 or 3 together then leave all 3 unplugged.... was mean but funny. Another trick is to turn down the volume, that always got them too.

Once every so often the falls would be off. If both Skips are in on it you can have an amazing effect. The Skip approaching the waterfall does the usual yell etc... the Skip behind yells just as hard pulling desperately to try and avoid the boat... I've WATCHED whole crews jump on the center box scared out of their mind... mean but funny. We decided to pull this on one Skip at the backside, he wasn't told about it, made him laugh so hard he DROPPED the mic. (Asian tour group everyone ran for the right side)

I could also do a whole thing on Dock jokes... we held a Sumo match once. Water Wars... best way to beat a code 90 is a lot of cold water flying at ya out of nowhere. But I want to hear other stories from some of the older skips.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• is too darn hot.

Re: Jungle Cruise Antics

What other mousetales pranks are there?

I miss the old Jungle Cruise skipper website. My friend Chris introduced me to it when he was a skip (before he was terminated).
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post

I miss the old Jungle Cruise skipper website. My friend Chris introduced me to it when he was a skip (before he was terminated).
    Seem to hear a lot about JC CM's who get terminated.

Of course we're much more likely to hear of those than the ones that just move on through the normal attrition.

But is JC a high risk attraction in that regard due to boredom and CM's yielding to the temptations to go off script which is the flip side of the encouragement to be funny and perform and be creative ?

• "I Break Things"

MouseTales covered an extensive period of Jungle, nothing against David (met him at Standup... good guy) but it is kind of highlights more then anything else. And no not everyone who pranked was fired. Plenty of pranksters are now standup comics, doctors, lawyers and various other professionals. It takes the right combination of Skips to make a good crew, most are not there long enough these days so I guess it is another case of "Good Old Days."

When we were bored we would heckle each other... If you were on the dock you would do everything you could to make the Skip in the boat laugh and forget his speil... if you were in the boat you tried to mke the dockhands laugh so hard they would stop the flow because they couldn't load/unload.

• Jungle Skip

My favorite moments :

- "Got Gas? I do. It's Green and Natural!"
    - Sumo match with Meyer
    - "C12. I sink battleship. YAY!"
    - Donkey Kong
    - Hondo Hattie (Tech, u kno what I mean about this one)
    - Red hots
    - "Which one do you want?"
    - "COURTESY"
    - S.S. Leaky Tiki

Although, some of my favorite moments of all time weren't from the skips, it was from those darn ducks.
    Way to Fail Skip!

"ADOS - Attention Deficit OOOH SHINY!" - Audra

"I will punch you in the Ovaries!" - JM

"Got Gas?" - SN

"C-12 I sink Battleship. YAY!" - Ninja

"Do you have crabs?" - DW

"What's in this alcohol?" - Anonymous

"Oy! You know we're going at the rocks, right?" - SN
    "SHUT UP! ASIAN DRIVER!" - GY

"Why is the water warm?" - SN
    "SORRY!" - AP

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Ironchefspam View Post
    My favorite moments :

- "Got Gas? I do. It's Green and Natural!"
    - Sumo match with Meyer
    - "C12. I sink battleship. YAY!"
    - Donkey Kong
    - Red hots
    - "Which one do you want?"
    - "COURTESY"
    - S.S. Leaky Tiki

Although, some of my favorite moments of all time weren't from the skips, it was from those darn ducks.
    All wonderful memories... esp when a Hippo would swallow a duck... then you would see it float up behind it. I always had the urge to point and say "We've got a floater!"

• Boswain on the Explorer

The Infamous Don't Cross The Boxes song.
    The hunt for the Magdila Maiden.
    Where's the Fireman and Churros (Ironchef Spam????)
    Chinese Jungle Firedrills
    Singing Happy B-day in Swahille,Mongolian,Klingon,French.German.
    Back in the old Days in tickity two.
    Touch the Mullet

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Ironchefspam View Post
    My favorite moments :
    Ahhh the Hondo, the only time I have ever seen something on Jungle get #1 priority and actually be fixed ASAP! Now that was funny. To explain, there is a nut that keeps the wheel on, usually it's extremely tight... that one wasn't. Several clever Skips learned the creative art of unscrew/screw and would actually remove the wheel in a hysterical skit by the waterfall. as the Skipper headed to the waterfall "Oh no the wheel is stuck... what... (Skipper turns around to face crew holding removed wheel) NOOOOOOO Everybody quick lean in!".... thank you for yet another wonderful memory. One of the few times there was an actual lively response from the crew!

Prof... does anyone ever use that wonderful little book anymore? I was wondering what happened to it, used to be able to great almost anyone in almost any language!

• Boswain on the Explorer

Techskip the book was passed down to another skip. But I do not know how much it is being used currently.

How about the one with the skippers paddling the boat and turning it just in time at the falls?

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Ratigan View Post
    Techskip the book was passed down to another skip. But I do not know how much it is being used currently.

How about the one with the skippers paddling the boat and turning it just in time at the falls?
    There is a point by the waterfall where you can make 2 boats look like they are about to collide. The boats also used to have paddles that were diagonal across the windows. We took a "deadhead" (empty boat) and decided to play a prank on the poor Skip. We actually sped to the Gorilla and waited for him. I had a paddle, held it in the window just right. The Skip at the helm timed it perfect and we flew full speed at just the right time. I screamed and "broke" the paddle free, paddling furiously. The other Skip grabbed the bar, jumped on the seat and was "pulling the boat" with all his might. Our "victim" could not speak. He simply dropped the mic, gave up, and laughed all the way back to the dock... he's one of my best friends and he NEVER forgave me for that!

• "I Break Things"

Jungle Cruise... OUR tales!

This is in response to the "What didn't make it in MouseTales?" questions people have sent me lately. We NEVER did things to get written into the books. We did them for our own amusement, for the fun of it, and in honor of our fellow Skips. I am honored to say that I personally know some of those cited in Mousetales. I'll start with one, names have been changed to protect the hysterical.

It was Jen's last day, she'd been a Skip for several years and all of us hated that she was leaving. Don't get me wrong, she was marrying a Marine, we just all felt bad so we planned a little going away present. Jen was a HUGE Indy fan, knew the movies and quoted them all the time. John came up with a thought. As usual he was in full British dress uniform, slightly Jungle modified of course. He snagged a couple pirate swords and ran for Indy's exit. Jen's last boat loaded up, full of Skips, and she had just made it past the rainforest when John had a little fun. He'd talked several CM's into "blocking off" the exit for a couple moments. He RAN, pulling out swords swinging them wildly, EXACTLY like the movie. Jen screamed, laughed, and shot him with the pistol... best dying scene ever... he fell over the rail. Afterwards it was a quick getaway. Managers questioned all of us but never figured it out... Like I said we all loved Jen and were sad to see her go, but we made her day!

• Jungle Skip

I don't remember who the skip was, but I remember coming to the backside of water, another boat is coming up the front side, and here's this duck going full bore down the Nile and into the skip's face. I couldn't stop laughing and got my guests with the pirhanas with a low water level. Gawd....
    Way to Fail Skip!

"Got Gas?" - SN

"SORRY!" - AP

• Jungle Skip

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    All wonderful memories... esp when a Hippo would swallow a duck... then you would see it float up behind it. I always had the urge to point and say "We've got a floater!"
    Or the ducks and the gorilla camp? I've had a pack of baby ducklings get caught in the explosion. I kno it kinda sounds mean, but I just couldn't continue at that point.
    Way to Fail Skip!

"Got Gas?" - SN

"SORRY!" - AP

• "I Break Things"

Re: Jungle Cruise Antics (Merged)

Silent Skipper... great prank that most current Skippers probably don't even know about.

Worked best at night- You take 2 Skippers with completely different voices. Something like a Big Gruff Guy... and a cute soft girl voice. Guy sits down in the front right side, hiding a mic that is actually plugged in. We would usually wear an Indy brown jacket to try and "blend in" so no one would notice us. Girl would stand at the helm, holding a mic that looked like it was plugged in... it wasn't. She would mime the words... he would say them. Imagine an absolutely beautiful girl standing at the helm spieling with the gruffest, loudest, harshest man voice you have ever heard. Top that off with one other fact. She has no clue what He will say. She has to do a sort of mime improv, he could say ANYTHING about EITHER SIDE of the boat and she has to point and make it look like she said it. Then on the next trip you flip the roles and have the big tough guy with a really cute girly voice... do the same thing. Regardless of how the tour went at the end both would stand up, revealing the joke and accepting the bewildered applause of the crew!

It was things like this, and jokes like Banana Republic, that made kept your mind sharp. You weren't afraid to imrpov, it became a natural reaction! There was a lot of failure... but that's how you learn.

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post

I knew that guy, I heard he had some wierd cookie fetish.

Some of my personal favorites:
    *Lights Out on Jeff S. which involved him storming off the dock in a huff
    *A modified Jungle Police with a certain skipper who used his thunder scarf to "rob" the other boat Knott's Berry Farm Style
    *Water Wars that got out of control and lead to certain cast members getting dunked with the water cooler Super Bowl style.
    * Telling pizza boy the squirter's timing was simply out of whack and that if you sat there long enough it would eventually come up, rather than tellig him the truth..the aquirter was broken and had been turned off.
    *Two skippers one male one female who came back at night wearing each others costumes.
    Last edited by TrojanSkippa; 08-02-2007 at 07:03 PM.
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

Page 1 of 61 1234112651 ... LastLast