Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ride Max?

• He's a Beautiful Pirate..

Not Close Enough to the House of the Mouse

Ride Max?

What is "ride max"? People are writing more and more about having it. Where do you get it? What is it getting for you in the park? Good thing? Bad thing?

• Comin' at ya!

Re: Ride Max?

It's some kinda handheld device that kinda plans out ride wait times...I think...Anyone have more details?
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Quote Originally Posted by pirateslife4me View Post
    What is "ride max"? People are writing more and more about having it. Where do you get it? What is it getting for you in the park? Good thing? Bad thing?
    Ridemax is a computer program where you put in what attractions you want to do, and what time you're going to get there, and it spits out the most time efficient itinerary for the rides you put in. It takes walking time, waiting time, and ride time into its calculations. It also takes into account whether you have a fast pass runner or not. It's customized to the date. They do not do Sundays, however. So you'll have to put in the Friday before that Sunday and improvise.

If you play with it a bit you can see how ride wait times work.

The website where you get it is the same name as the program.

Note that you need Windows and Internet Explorer to use it.
    Last edited by WSVR; 07-04-2007 at 04:14 PM.

• "I Break Things"

The only "problem" with the program is that it doesn't always take park attendence into account, in the event that there is a surprise rush. Also if large rides go down you may as well tear up the plans.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• no flash photography...

ridemax works great. I used in on a very busy July day a few years ago and we finished going on all the rides we wanted to (a lot more than we normally do ) 3 hours ahead of schedule.

If a big ride goes down you just move on to the next ride on the list. It's kind of common sense and just check back later to see if the ride is going again....just like people do without ridemax...

• I Love Teaching!

We used Ridemax at WDW and it worked great. It was nice because we could customize it, for example, we did not put Soarin into our plan at epcot because of DCA. The program is easy to use, however, you always have to be connected to internet when you want to run the program.

• I love Mulholland Madness

Thumbs up Re: Ride Max?

I highly recommend Ridemax! once you use it a few times you get a sense of the patterns you'll need to use to minimize wait times. It is a great way to avoid the "what do you want to do next...I dunno, what do YOU want to do next..." scenario. We used it at Christmas time in 2005 and we really enjoyed the parks and avoided a lot of the crazy crowds.

Especially great for those who aren't too familiar w/ the parks, have short visits, or are in larger groups.
    Be Nice or Leave

• Defying gravity

I have read up on it, and I just don't see the point. How can a computer system anticipate crowds, ride closures, etc.? I have found that I'm always able to manage my time efficiently using FP and my general knowledge. Maybe ridemax works better for newbies? Part of Disneyland (and WDW, for that matter) is just going with the flow.

Maybe I'm missing something here..........

• Comin' at ya!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    I have read up on it, and I just don't see the point. How can a computer system anticipate crowds, ride closures, etc.? I have found that I'm always able to manage my time efficiently using FP and my general knowledge. Maybe ridemax works better for newbies? Part of Disneyland (and WDW, for that matter) is just going with the flow.

I've never understood that either. Perhaps it's linked to some system where it is constantly updated?
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

the first time we used ridemax my mother shared your opinion. She was angry I had a schedule and said, "I have never done DL on a schedule and I'm not starting now!" I told her we would just try it ona few rides to see. After the third ride she was hooked and for the rest of the schedule she kept asking , "ok whats next". When we finished three hours early her and my father both agreed we have never been on that many rides at DL in in day and in such a short time period..

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    the first time we used ridemax my mother shared your opinion. She was angry I had a schedule and said, "I have never done DL on a schedule and I'm not starting now!" I told her we would just try it ona few rides to see. After the third ride she was hooked and for the rest of the schedule she kept asking , "ok whats next". When we finished three hours early her and my father both agreed we have never been on that many rides at DL in in day and in such a short time period..
    I guess it's a matter of personal preference, but I don't need a computer telling me "what's next." I am perfectly capable of making up my own mind.

Also, I don't really want to have such a set schedule. (In robot voice): Get a FASTPASS for Indiana Jones Adventure, walk 10 paces to the Enchanted Tiki Room, cross over the hub into Tomorrowland. What if I just want to relax and get a Dole Whip?!

I guess it's a matter of personal preference, but I don't need a computer telling me "what's next." I am perfectly capable of making up my own mind.

Also, I don't really want to have such a set schedule. (In robot voice): Get a FASTPASS for Indiana Jones Adventure, walk 10 paces to the Enchanted Tiki Room, cross over the hub into Tomorrowland. What if I just want to relax and get a Dole Whip?!
    then relax and get a dole whip. The schedule is printed on a paper, it does not talk to you. You can choose to follow it or not. You can choose to buy it or not. We haven't used it in years, because going on rides is not a big deal to us anymore. However, ride max does work and it works really well.

• Destroyer of Mallcore

I used it for my last trip and will use it for my next trip. Unlike most of the people here who are able to go whenever they want, I go at least once a year(if that!) There are rides and things I must see and without this, I would try to guess what is the best time. It is so easy to follow and if you're worried about it being wrong, don't worry because last time it was wrong but in a good way! I got on the rides earlier than the time expected so I had plenty of time to just enjoy the park. I literally walked on so many rides that I began to feel bad for the rest of the public. I am currently working on my next schedule for the 21st but I wont get into detail on what I have so far but I am going to able to ride 10 rides by noon.

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

^^
    that is exactly how it worked fro us. We finished ahead a time because we just walked on rides.

• ...and sometimes why.

The second street to the right all the way till morning blvd.

Oops double post. keep reading.(next post)
    Last edited by Degaa; 07-04-2007 at 10:40 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast