• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

Special 4th of July fireworks last night...Interesting choice of song...

Yeah...I...didn't really enjoy it. Something about "America's Golden Dreams"? Can't quite remember. The actual fireworks part was pretty good. Very pretty and exciting, but the music they chose to play along with them...I was a little dissapointed. I was really hoping they'd have a person singing the National anthem or maybe just a recording of it, etc. They did a small medley in the beginning, and I recognized about 15 seconds of Yankee Doodle and God Bless America, and then the rest was some cheesy, slow 1980's ballad about Golden Dreams.

Anyyyyyyywayyyyy. Still appreciated the special fireworks and enjoyed them. Just wished they would have made it felt a little more patriotic.

Did you see them last night?

• Herbie53

Re: Special 4th of July fireworks last night...Interesting choice of song...

Would that be Golden Dreams from American Adventure in Epcot which was also played in Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln in California?
    Favorite sites of the moment:
    Mice Age
    Mouse Clubhouse
    TV Shows on DVD

Quote Originally Posted by Herbie53 View Post
    Would that be Golden Dreams from American Adventure in Epcot which was also played in Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln in California?
    That would be the very same Golden Dreams, complete with the clip montage of JFK, MLK, Moon landing.
    Right after Golden Dreams it picked up. Sure the song is sappy (and hardly my favorite) but it fit, and the crowds loved it over at the River.

I liked the clips of JFK, MLK, etc. That was really neat. I just didn't like the song in particular.

• Space Mountain Fanboy

I was saying to my friends after the fireworks were over that the first section of the fireworks would've worked better with "Let the Eagle Soar" by John Ashcroft.

People here who watch The Colbert Report know what I'm talking about, right?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBrian View Post
    I was saying to my friends after the fireworks were over that the first section of the fireworks would've worked better with "Let the Eagle Soar" by John Ashcroft.

People here who watch The Colbert Report know what I'm talking about, right?
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Yes!!!

• Space Mountain Fanboy

oops. double post
    Last edited by DarthBrian; 07-05-2007 at 08:46 AM. Reason: double post

• done

I love "Golden Dreams" as the fireworks song. They've been using that song for the past couple years now for Fourth of July.

Nothing beats DL's Fourth of July fireworks.

This is the video I shot of the fireworks last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP5l_krWYQk
    Last edited by neitzert; 07-05-2007 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Bad HTML. Replaced with link.

• I'm not really here

Thanks for posting that video. Awesome view. Loved the sound clips in there. Was awesome and hope to see them in person some day.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter