Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142136 ... LastLast

Re: Call to Arms: Cinderella Suite West CONFIRMED - Save the Disney Gallery!

This is by far the worst idea to hit Disneyland since the “ride it until it fails” maintenance policy that lead to the Big Thunder Mountain and Columbia accidents in 2003.
    The Big Thunder incident was caused due to cast member negligence and a mechanic not properly securing a bolt. Not necessarily a maintenance issue.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte View Post
    Right now EVERYONE can enjoy the Disney Gallery. They are changing it to something ONE random computer-selected family can enjoy just to give the park a tiny bit of free press.

If anyone honestly believes that taking an attraction that EVERYONE can enjoy (a philosophy Walt built Disneyland on) and turning it into something only a couple people can enjoy if they are randomly selected by a computer is a good thing, then you honestly do not understand or deserve to visit Disneyland.
    So I suppose you hate Club 33 as well since its not something everyone can enjoy? Or portions of the hotel that people can not afford to stay in?

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    So I suppose you hate Club 33 as well since its not something everyone can enjoy? Or portions of the hotel that people can not afford to stay in?
    For that matter, why not hate Disneyland itself? I'm sure that a large section of the world's population would never be able to afford a trip to DL. Even if the flights and accommodations were free, the per-person entry fee is more than a month's wages for some people.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by peoplemover1 View Post
    I would like to know the number of parents that can put their kids down by 10:30pm while on a trip to DL cuz at midnight I still see tired kids running around the park!
    Not that many because the parents got to see Fantasmic and the fireworks and ride every possible ride even if kids are tired, cranky, and just want to go to bed. Last time I saw Fantasmic, there was a little girl sitting on her mom's shoulders. The girl was KNOCKED OUT ASLEEP!!! What does the mom do? Shake her to wake her up to force her to watch Fantasmic. Poor kid look so beat. Bet that family was there all day long since the park opened. Just makes me think that if they have this suite available, parents will be able to have the right to complain that they can't put their children to bed because of all the noise outside going on in NOS. What happens then?

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Gn2Dlnd View Post
    If the Gallery is converted, and nobody's seen an official release on this, enjoy the idea that some family's visit to Disneyland was turned into an experience their kids will be talking about for the rest of their lives. Play nice with people, and, who knows, you might become part of someone's extended family and get to spend the night there yourself!
    And most guests WON'T get that experience. I think it's better to serve as many guests as possible, not pick and choose which ones get the better treatment, and for no apparent reason.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Zero Blockout Dates

<sighs> Is everyone still bashing Mana for feeling passionately about this?

Gosh, I find that sad.

Sure I'd like the DG to stay, I find it a nice place to visit, a great way to impress our guests (and ourselves) with a special place to watch F! from. But I doubt there's little we here on MC can actually do to stop it if it is indeed on Disney's schedule to do. But that doesn't mean I think we should mock someone else who thinks that maybe, just maybe, they can make a difference and save something they love.

I'm resigned to change if Disney wants change. So many attractions, shows, performers, displays, special magic touches have come and gone in just my memory that I'm used to it now. Must be why I take so many pictures/videos of stuff at the parks these days. Who knows what will still be here in a year?

But if sturdier souls that I should wish to tilt at windmills ... who am I to try and stop them?
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    You are correct. However, a lot of the charm of Disneyland is the beauty of the park. I know that at least TSI and the River are generally quiet at night (as Mark Twain used to say on his steamer). That atmosphere and beauty can be enough at night.

I disagree... The Westside quiets down quickly after Fantasmic!

Ah... but when you've won something that wonderful and it's vacation, I can't imagine the parents forcing their children to fall asleep before Disneyland was done pampering them (this includes Fantasmic!)
    Something tells me they'd make an exception.
    Yes, but the whole west side of the park isn't dead quiet. Any guests still there until the very last minute the park is open is able to make noise which will be okay for a suite winners to complain about the noise. Do you happen to know what time winners are allowed into the Cinderella Suite in WDW?
    As you mention about atmosphere and beauty can be enough at night, yes, that can be true for maybe us Disney fans who are just happy sitting at the hub and enjoy everything going on but for a family who doesn't come out to DL very often, if ever...this would be torture. Imagine, having a 10 year old kid who gets to go to DL for their very first time and his family wins this suite. All day long he wants to go on a specific ride but the wait is always too long for the parents or it's down when they go to wait in line. I know that at least I would, at that age would feel like I'm being tortured knowing that this one ride I've always wanted to go on but wasn't able to during the day was just a few feet away all night long and I still wasn't able to go on the ride. Just feels like a big tease to me at DL or even at the WDW Cinderella Suite.

• Pilot EdForceOne

if this were to happen.. anyone who thinks this would be a 'Cinderella' suite needs their head checked. The term here is used to connect to the notion of a overnight suite in the park.. like the Cinderella suite, not that this would be a Cinderella room.

I would expect a plantation type suite or governor's mansion (can anyone say the governor's house in POTC? I thought you could.. )

• Directly directed

That would be awful if that's true. I love the Gallery. I love that most people don't love the Gallery, or visit it, and that it's always so nice and quiet and peaceful and has such pretty things to look at. I love the Fantasmic dessert buffet. I don't care that it's overpriced. There's just nothing better than eating beignets and watching the Mark Twain go by...
    And it's the closest I'm probably ever going to get to Club 33! (when you can't get up the stairs they take you through Club 33's kitchen)

• Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    You are correct. However, a lot of the charm of Disneyland is the beauty of the park. I know that at least TSI and the River are generally quiet at night (as Mark Twain used to say on his steamer). That atmosphere and beauty can be enough at night.
    I agree!! Cancel Fantasmic!!

• I Love Disneyland!!

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    Not that many because the parents got to see Fantasmic and the fireworks and ride every possible ride even if kids are tired, cranky, and just want to go to bed. Last time I saw Fantasmic, there was a little girl sitting on her mom's shoulders. The girl was KNOCKED OUT ASLEEP!!! What does the mom do? Shake her to wake her up to force her to watch Fantasmic. Poor kid look so beat. Bet that family was there all day long since the park opened. Just makes me think that if they have this suite available, parents will be able to have the right to complain that they can't put their children to bed because of all the noise outside going on in NOS. What happens then?
    I'm assuming that if a kid is "knocked out" before Fantasmic! and can sleep through it, that the parents wouldn't have a problem putting them to bed in the suite.
    It might not be a bad idea cuz then the parents could watch F! from the balcony while the kid sleeps. hahaha

I still hate the idea!!
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

• Space Mountain Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDisney View Post
    But it was a CM in PLAID don't you understand!!!
    If you read my previous post, the Plaid I talked to (who had the most infectous smile I've ever seen ::melts:: ), had to confirm it with her Lead. That, to me, confirms it. But I will admit that until it's official, anything's possible. But I'm pretty sure at this point it's gonna happen. But we'll see. I'm still going to complain about it and hope my voice means something.

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    I hate Club 33. Well, not the place itself, just the lucky b@$t@rd$ who can afford it.
    Last edited by DarthBrian; 07-05-2007 at 01:03 PM. Reason: typo

• Animatronic

Rather than have a computer randomly give these "special" things to people who likely don't want them, Disney should make experiences everyone can enjoy. Or perhaps experiences the highest bidder can enjoy in "The Year of a Million Expensive Offerings."

• Defying gravity

This is a sad day for Disneyland indeed.....

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

It's a shame that as the Gallery is celebrating its 20th Anniversary, it's also preparing to close.

I find it sad that many in this thread have resorted to being Disney apologists with this news. It doesn't matter if you don't visit the Gallery often. It doesn't matter if Disney is saying that the Suite will be temporary. What matters is that we are losing an attraction that is open to every person in the park, in favor of something only a few people each day will be able to experience.

What a waste of such a unique gallery space and attraction.

Disney often says things will be temporary. But they rarely live up to their word. The Sub closure was originally supposed to be temporary. It was permanent for 9 years. The Main Street Opera House still hasn't been freed of its temporary 50th Anniversary film. The Rocket Rods were only supposed to be temporarily closed for upgrades, scheduled to re-open in 2001. When Disney says temporary, they're often lying.

Happy 20th, Gallery. You'll be missed.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142136 ... LastLast