Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

• Parmageddon Jim

Re: Call to Arms: Cinderella Suite West CONFIRMED - Save the Disney Gallery!

If I got to stay over night in the New Orleans Square Suite (Cinderella overlay notwithstanding), it would definitely fulfill a Disney Dream of mine!

The place was designed to be an apartment! Why not use it as such? I applaud the CM who said, "You know, it's nice to have the new Mickey Suite at the hotel and all, but we can offer our guests an over night experience inside the Park." Kudos to Disneyland for actually removing a retail space to enhance the guest experience!

APs marching into City Hall to complain about Disneyland actually going the extra mile to exceed their guests expectations is a terrible idea. Pa$$holes indeed.
    So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    I don't agree with the Cinderella theming, but other than that, I believe the principle is entirely magical. Please step down from your high horse, Walt-channeller.
    Please turn in your AP to City Hall, you do not deserve it.

Right now EVERYONE can enjoy the Disney Gallery. They are changing it to something ONE random computer-selected family can enjoy just to give the park a tiny bit of free press.

If anyone honestly believes that taking an attraction that EVERYONE can enjoy (a philosophy Walt built Disneyland on) and turning it into something only a couple people can enjoy if they are randomly selected by a computer is a good thing, then you honestly do not understand or deserve to visit Disneyland.

And yes, this would be as "temporary" as the 50 Magical Years exhibit. The odds of the Gallery returning after the end of the year are slim to none.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Agreed. I hope this is rumor and not true...this is perposterous...........leave the Disney Gallery alone.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    You know, I've heard that the gallery is haunted. Wouldn't it be funny if they do turn it into a hotel suite and no one will stay in there because of what might happen after park closing?

It is haunted by the guilt of photographically reproduced art that fades..
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte View Post
    Uhhhh...OK, I think someone needs to settle down just a little bit.

Wait, what?

A call to arms is one thing, but an armed conquest is a different thing altogether.
    Remember to keep the comments (here and at the park) and City Hall forms civil and polite, or else they will head to that magical filing cabinet known as the trash can.

The part I have trouble with is the fact that third shift is out at that point. That might create some problems for those wishing to spend a quiet night on the balcony after close.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pirateslife4me View Post
    I don't agree. Part of New Orleans Sq is seeing the art within the Disney Gallery. And, being able to have a terrific view. I can't imagine not being able to go up there. Do we really think it will go back after the YOMD? Where is Lincoln? It's been a year! I hope this is just rumor and not true.
    I would have to agree. The gallery is a great fit where it is. And I must have missed the part of the Cinderella story where they wind up in the New Orleans of the 1800's. Must have been in one of those straight to DVD sequels...

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Right now EVERYONE can enjoy the Disney Gallery. They are changing it to something ONE random computer-selected family can enjoy just to give the park a tiny bit of free press.
    How do we know that the Gallery or it's merchandise and exhibiton won't be relocated to another place in NOS? So in that sense all things may end up equal. Tony Baxter runs Disneyland's creative direction now. You should contact him at WDI.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by viewaskewniverse View Post
    Uhhhh...OK, I think someone needs to settle down just a little bit.
    He started it with "Please step down from your high horse, Walt-channeller."

• Parmageddon Jim

How old are we?
    So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

He started it with "Please step down from your high horse, Walt-channeller."
    Seriously?

"He started it."

No, seriously???

• Closed Account

Well it's obvious I shouldn't have posted this since everyone here is swallowing Rasulo's horrible ideas and supporting removing something everyone can currently enjoy just to support the disastrous Year of a Million Dreams.

Well it's obvious I shouldn't have posted this since everyone here is swallowing Rasulo's horrible ideas and supporting removing something everyone can currently enjoy just to support the disastrous Year of a Million Dreams.
    No, I think it's obvious that you should of posted this with an open mind, knowing full well there would be people who would PROBABLY disagree with your crusade to keep the Gallery.

Maybe you shouldn't be so touchy?

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

No one could enjoy it before they turned it into the gallery, and that was long before the days of Rasulo, Pressler, and even Eisner.

• Former Epcot CM

It's a sad fact but I don't own an AP.
    Does that take away my right to have an opinion of Disneyland?

And who are you to say I do not deserve an AP?

This entire thread is ridiculous and one big example of over-exaggeration. Call that a personal attack as well if it makes you feel better.
    Shiny and New

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California