Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234561328 ... LastLast

• Closed Account

Re: Call to Arms: Cinderella Suite West CONFIRMED - Save the Disney Gallery!

Quote Originally Posted by viewaskewniverse View Post
    No, I think it's obvious that you should of posted this with an open mind, knowing full well there would be people who would PROBABLY disagree with your crusade to keep the Gallery.

Maybe you shouldn't be so touchy?
    If people actually cared about the park, then they wouldn't want to see the Gallery go away.

But from the posts here it's obvious people are more than happy to see park history turned into a marketing device to try to savage a floundering executive's career before he gets axed. It's obvious that the opinions here are no different than that of the people running the park into the ground here, as Grier is more concerned about being photographed with beauty queens than actually maintaining the park anymore.

• missing the DisneyGallery

Yeah I kinda feel the same way. I'm not understanding how this is "destroying" the magic. Seems pretty magical to me! It's not like they're turning it into a McDonalds or something. And again, if it's just temporary, sounds OK to me. Walt always said Disneyland would never stop growing or changing. He wanted things to change and progress.
    Well it stinks for those of us who live 2000 miles away and only get out there once a year and look forward to looking through the Disney Gallery.

This is a horrible idea and City Hall will be my first stop at DL when I am there later this month.

When attractions were original

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte View Post
    If people actually cared about the park, then they wouldn't want to see the Gallery go away.

But from the posts here it's obvious people are more than happy to see park history turned into a marketing device to try to savage a floundering executive's career before he gets axed. It's obvious that the opinions here are no different than that of the people running the park into the ground here, as Grier is more concerned about being photographed with beauty queens than actually maintaining the park anymore.
    Uhhh, did you read all the posts here? Some of us do actually agree with you. But it looks like we're all headed to the litter box the way things are going here.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Zero Blockout Dates

And yes, this would be as "temporary" as the 50 Magical Years exhibit. The odds of the Gallery returning after the end of the year are slim to none.
    Don't forget ... YOAMD runs until May/June of 08. It's a 15 month year. So it's not like they'd be converting it back to the Disney Gallery on 12/31. And wasn't there a thread here recently that was talking about them extending it through all of 2008 (which would no doubt actually push it deep into '09) ?

What happened to turning the old phone center IN Sleeping Beauty's Castle into a YOAMD Suite? Ties in with their Princesses and Pirates campaigns better. I still don't get what Cinderella would have to do with NOS? Why not just wait until the Frog Princess comes out and make it the "Maddy Suite" at least that thematically ties in and could actually help promote the movie. A Pirates Suite would make more sense.

On the other hand, being SO close to Club33 I wonder if they'll get to eat there.

"People just relate the castle with Disney magic. It's so emblematic," said Jay Rasulo, chairman of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts. "The notion that 'I could actually spend the night in Cinderella Castle' is so special to people. I've announced this to audiences multiple times. . . . Always spontaneous applause." .................gRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrr
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

I'm enjoying your impressive collection of assumptions about everyone here.

You know what they say about assuming too much, don't you?

By the way, since my first post in this thread basically said, "Meh. ~shrugs~ I'm OK with it.", I'd also like you to know I plan on sacrificing tiny baby kittens after work today as further proof that I don't care about anything.

Just trying to clarify.

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Uzmati View Post
    What happened to turning the old phone center IN Sleeping Beauty's Castle into a YOAMD Suite?
    I think your confusing the WDW castle with DLR's. There is not enough room in our Sleeping Beauty's castle for a suite.

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by Uzmati View Post

What happened to turning the old phone center IN Sleeping Beauty's Castle into a YOAMD Suite? Ties in with their Princesses and Pirates campaigns better. I still don't get what Cinderella would have to do with NOS? Why not just wait until the Frog Princess comes out and make it the "Maddy Suite" at least that thematically ties in and could actually help promote the movie. A Pirates Suite would make more sense.
    I think you may be mistaken.
    There has never been an old phone center in SBC, the building is far too small for anything like that. However, there was a phone center in Cinderella Castle in Florida, why may have confused you, which was in fact turned into a suite for YOAMD.

But I agree about the Cinderella theming being mistaken. They could have at least themed it to a Walt-and-Roy feel, a Hollywood-of-old sort of thing. Art Deco, whatever. Sure it's not themed to NOS, but at least it's got Walt and Roy all over it.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

1. Everytime you go to the park stop by city hall both on the way in and on the way out and ask for a complaint form to fill out. Fill out one of these at least twice a day with each visit
    Of course once they see multiple forms from the same people, they'll know they're being spammed and disregard them.
    The Disney Gallery was originally built by Walt as his Royal Suite in New Orleans Square. The reason why there are so many power outlets in the rooms there is because Walt was planning on using it as an apartment and Lillian had a habit of moving furniture around. He installed so many outlets so that no matter where she moved his reading table, he’d be able to plug in his reading lamp.
    Ahhh so Walt originally designed it to be lived in. So making it a suite would mean someone is living in it. That's far closer to what you said Walt's original purpose was than is a gallery. By your own logic, you should be all for the change.
    This is by far the worst idea to hit Disneyland since the “ride it until it fails” maintenance policy that lead to the Big Thunder Mountain and Columbia accidents in 2003.
    The Big Thunder accident was caused by a tagging snafu that led to a train not being ready for service being placed on-line. It had absolutely nothing to do with a "ride it until it fails." maintenance policy. Furthermore, comparing closure of the gallery to a fatal accident is ridiculous.
    Yesterday while at City Hall, we had a plaid manager (not normal CM) CONFIRM 100% that the Disney Gallery was being converted over to a Cinderella Suite for Year of a Million Dreams until at the very least the end of the year
    Unless Grier or some other bigwig was in plaid, or unless it has been announced, it's not confirmed
    Every single Annual Passholder now has a duty to go directly to City Hall and make it be known that the Gallery is not to be touched.
    LMAO Onward Disney Soldiers. I have no duty of the sort.
    The Balcony, which Disneyland uses for premium seating for Fantasmic!,
    Loss of $60 over priced desert buffet for fantasmic. Not a problem. They could lose the $60 box of cookies at Riverside too for all I care.

• Closed Account

I'm enjoying your impressive collection of assumptions about everyone here.

You know what they say about assuming too much, don't you?

By the way, since my first post in this thread basically said, "Meh. ~shrugs~ I'm OK with it.", I'd also like you to know I plan on sacrificing tiny baby kittens after work today as further proof that I don't care about anything.

Just trying to clarify.
    Your first post here said:
    "Walt always said Disneyland would never stop growing or changing. He wanted things to change and progress."

But Walt also wanted EVERYONE to enjoy Disneyland, not just a family randomly selected by a computer program as part of a marketing promotion. Don't understand? How would you like it if the only way you could ever ride Space Mountain, Nemo, Pirates, or Haunted Mansion is if your name was randomly selected once a week by a computer? It completely goes against the philosophy behind Disneyland.

Changing the Gallery to something else that everyone can enjoy would be fine...turn it into a model of Walt's Apartment - that'd be cool. But turning it into an object of a marketing promo that is a total failure is the worst idea they've had since the Pressler days.

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville View Post
    It is haunted by the guilt of photographically reproduced art that fades..
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Cousin Orville again.
    "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

"Walt always said Disneyland would never stop growing or changing. He wanted things to change and progress."

But Walt also wanted EVERYONE to enjoy Disneyland, not just a family randomly selected by a computer program as part of a marketing promotion. Don't understand? How would you like it if the only way you could ever ride Space Mountain, Nemo, Pirates, or Haunted Mansion is if your name was randomly selected once a week by a computer? It completely goes against the philosophy behind Disneyland.

Changing the Gallery to something else that everyone can enjoy would be fine...turn it into a model of Walt's Apartment - that'd be cool. But turning it into an object of a marketing promo that is a total failure is the worst idea they've had since the Pressler days.
    OFF WITH THIER HEADS!!!

• Former Epcot CM

But Walt also wanted EVERYONE to enjoy Disneyland, not just a family randomly selected by a computer program as part of a marketing promotion. Don't understand?
    I wasn't aware that Club 33, the Walt-sanctioned restaurant for private-paying guests, was open to everyone. Maybe it is. I don't have an AP, what would I know.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

So, I have to ask...
    If you were awarded the suite in the Disney Gallery, you would... what... decline?
    I doubt it.

And speaking of total failure, I'm also assuming you're of the mindset that you'll turn down every YOAMD prize out of protest, correct? Including special ears, dream fastpasses and the like?

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

OFF WITH THIER HEADS!!!
    If you are going to shout, please check your spelling first.

Let's calm down and try to get along, folks.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Yeah That's it. Everyone that disagrees just doesn't care about the park.

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234561328 ... LastLast