Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 12345671429 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 588
  1. #46

    • It's all nonsense
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    You'll never guess
    Posts
    2,552

    Re: Call to Arms: Cinderella Suite West CONFIRMED - Save the Disney Gallery!

    I think this is all BS. If some low level manager had this info, surely we would have heard something earlier.

  2. #47

    •     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    4,352

    Re: Call to Arms: Cinderella Suite West CONFIRMED - Save the Disney Gallery!

    Mod Note: Personal Attacks are against site rules. This is a great topic for discussion, but we need to get the emotion out of here, pronto. Use your words to further the discussion, people, not to bash each other.

    An excerpt from the FAQ's:

    Attack the message rather than the messenger. Posts, including comments, may be discussed, as long as it is NOT attacking and individual member directly.

    Allowable: "I disagree with that statement."

    Not allowable: "You're an idiot for saying that."


    Thanks.
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

    Ernest Thompson Seton

  3. #48

    • Squaw NO gettum firewood!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    1,069

    Re: Call to Arms: Cinderella Suite West CONFIRMED - Save the Disney Gallery!

    1. When you post an opinion on a message board, you have to be ready for people to disagree with it.

    2. I think it's all in the way you look at the Gallery. I love the gallery, but only because I can go up there and know I'm in what was going to be Walt's 2nd apartment. What makes a place like Walt's 1st apartment or Club 33 so revered, especially to APs, is the fact that they're exclusive and hardly anyone gets to see them. So I don't understand how turning "the gallery" back into what it was going to be historically and adding the element of exclusivity makes THIS idea evil marketing while THOSE are historic landmarks where Disney honors its' history.

    3. I don't think that when they say "Cinderella Suite", they mean it will be themed to Cinderella. I think that's a phrase used to describe "Place to stay the night inside the park". I wouldn't be surprised to see it become "Walt's Holiday Home" or even Frog Princess themed. (BTW, Last I heard they changed her name from Maddy to Tiana or somethine. WTF? But that's for another thread.)

    4. Mr. Lincoln is coming back next year.

    5. Just because the majority of attendance consists of APs doesn't mean they own the park. The "I know Walt better than you and he would agree with me!" entitlement BS just makes management more likely to ignore you. If you Don't like the idea of the change, that's perfectly fine. Go in and write a concern or two. (But I can tell you that if you do two a day for a month, they'll start throwing them away after day 2.) If you DO like the idea, it doesn't make you less of an AP or mean you appreciate Walt less or anything. Your opinion is just that, an OPINION.

    APs have mobilized en masse before, but it's never been something organized by the intrawebs. If everyone just happens to agree with you, it'll happen on it's own. To quote Mitch Hedberg (since viewaskew's signature got him in my head); "I found myself trying to FORCE the trip." APs will complain on their own without someone on the intrawebs telling them what they HAVE to go do in order to prove their loyalty to the AP community.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney


  4. #49

    • Closed Account
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,897

    Re: Call to Arms: Cinderella Suite West CONFIRMED - Save the Disney Gallery!

    Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte View Post
    If people actually cared about the park, then they wouldn't want to see the Gallery go away.
    It's interesting, isn't it? When folks were discussing the thematic issues with the submarines, you decided to summarily dismiss the complaints of those who care about the park, and its thematic decline:

    Ah, I see. Another Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage bash thread.

    Move along.
    Now that an issue hits closer to home, it's not so fun, is it?

    "Ah, I see. Another YOMD bash thread.

    Move along."

  5. #50

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    948

    Re: Call to Arms: Cinderella Suite West CONFIRMED - Save the Disney Gallery!

    I really do not like this idea for the gallery to be turned into a suite for the year of a million dreams campaign which is not at that great anyway and not many people understand what it is unless your an APer. Trust me i know, everytime i talk to a guest that has won something be it the lanyard, ears, fastpass,etc. they have no idea why they got it, they thought that there was some sort of catch. Yes, i know that the gallery was built as an apartment for walt and his family, again it was built for WALT AND FAMILY, not for regular guests. Walt always wanted change which is why i think he would have approved the disney gallery. Share part of the disneyland history by allowing all guests to enter and view amazing artwork done by artists, imagineers, etc. Turning it into an apartment that only few will get to sleep in seems pointless to me seeing that we have the pirates suite and the mickey mouse penthouse that they could both use for the year of a million dreams. Either that or they could use another area in the park that is not being used, how about they take out the starcade instead and have a future suite and they could use both levels and take out the escalator and put in a staircase instead, i think that would be a better idea.

  6. #51

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    b.c. canada
    Posts
    251

    Re: Call to Arms: Cinderella Suite West CONFIRMED - Save the Disney Gallery!

    if this is true I'm very sad,we were supposed to get famtasmic balcony on our last trip but it closed again and then reopened without our reservation...I was hoping to get it on the next trip..in decemeber

  7. #52

    • hatbox ghost believer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Ventura, CA USA
    Posts
    549

    Thumbs down Re: Call to Arms: Cinderella Suite West CONFIRMED - Save the Disney Gallery!

    I don't think the Cinderella overlay works in NOS (since Cinderella is from Fantasyland anyways), maybe if it was themed to tie-in with "The Frog Princess" (the upcoming animated film), then it would, as she will be the NOS princess. Also, I thought the whole idea was to sleep-over in a castle? If so, then it should be in SB's castle and themed accordingly...
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com



  8. #53

    • Curiouser and Curiouser
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    757

    Re: Call to Arms: Cinderella Suite West CONFIRMED - Save the Disney Gallery!

    Problem: You are converting this into a hotel room, Cinerella's castle is private and soemwhat out of the way. The Disney gallery is right on New Orleans square...what would you do if somebody decided to show the world their butt or walk around nude. (Not very disney like.) I say keep the gallery and find soemplace a little more private for the year of a million dreams.

  9. #54

    • Closed Account
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,897

    Re: Call to Arms: Cinderella Suite West CONFIRMED - Save the Disney Gallery!

    I think they should put bunk beds and a pot bellied stove in the caboose. Make it a little more authentic. Then the car could be parked at Frontierland Station. If you have to wee during the night, you can go behind the station. Good times.

  10. #55

    • Ohhh baboo :(
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.
    Posts
    776

    Re: Call to Arms: Cinderella Suite West CONFIRMED - Save the Disney Gallery!

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    I think they should put bunk beds and a pot bellied stove in the caboose. Make it a little more authentic. Then the car could be parked at Frontierland Station. If you have to wee during the night, you can go behind the station. Good times.
    I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooo in.

  11. #56

    • Fight On for ol' SC!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    915

    Re: Call to Arms: Cinderella Suite West CONFIRMED - Save the Disney Gallery!

    This is HORRIBLE! I would absolutely hate to see the Gallery go up for the Year of not-so-surprising stupid-gifts. I just can't imagine it going through and doubt anything will really be done to it. But if it does go through I can only expect this is the end of the Gallery, it will probably put the final nail into the coffin for turning the space over to Club 33. The club has been after the space since the Gallery opened and they recently gained some more space in one of the back rooms. I see this change as soon as this stupid promotion is over.





  12. #57

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Concord, CA
    Posts
    974

    Re: Call to Arms: Cinderella Suite West CONFIRMED - Save the Disney Gallery!

    Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner31 View Post
    1. When you post an opinion on a message board, you have to be ready for people to disagree with it.

    2. I think it's all in the way you look at the Gallery. I love the gallery, but only because I can go up there and know I'm in what was going to be Walt's 2nd apartment. What makes a place like Walt's 1st apartment or Club 33 so revered, especially to APs, is the fact that they're exclusive and hardly anyone gets to see them. So I don't understand how turning "the gallery" back into what it was going to be historically and adding the element of exclusivity makes THIS idea evil marketing while THOSE are historic landmarks where Disney honors its' history.

    3. I don't think that when they say "Cinderella Suite", they mean it will be themed to Cinderella. I think that's a phrase used to describe "Place to stay the night inside the park". I wouldn't be surprised to see it become "Walt's Holiday Home" or even Frog Princess themed. (BTW, Last I heard they changed her name from Maddy to Tiana or somethine. WTF? But that's for another thread.)

    4. Mr. Lincoln is coming back next year.

    5. Just because the majority of attendance consists of APs doesn't mean they own the park. The "I know Walt better than you and he would agree with me!" entitlement BS just makes management more likely to ignore you. If you Don't like the idea of the change, that's perfectly fine. Go in and write a concern or two. (But I can tell you that if you do two a day for a month, they'll start throwing them away after day 2.) If you DO like the idea, it doesn't make you less of an AP or mean you appreciate Walt less or anything. Your opinion is just that, an OPINION.

    APs have mobilized en masse before, but it's never been something organized by the intrawebs. If everyone just happens to agree with you, it'll happen on it's own. To quote Mitch Hedberg (since viewaskew's signature got him in my head); "I found myself trying to FORCE the trip." APs will complain on their own without someone on the intrawebs telling them what they HAVE to go do in order to prove their loyalty to the AP community.

    Nice Post

    I agree that the "Cinderella Suite" might be a general term used to describe the idea rather than the actual theming of the location.

    "Just because the majority of attendance consists of AP's doesn't mean they own the park."

    Exactly! I can imagine a CM/Dream Squad approaching a family to tell them they have just won a night stay in Disneyland! WOW!!! Forget about where it's located, it's huge! I doubt the family, AP or not, is going to say:
    "Wasn't that the old Disney Gallery?"

    "Yes?"

    "We will decline your offer, please give it to someone who does not care about Disneyland."


    I am also confused on the fact that we complain that "Disney" or the evil "TDA" looks for anyway to make a buck while sacrificing the quality and Walt's vision for Disneyland. Yet, he we are complaining about evil "TDA" turning the "money making" Disney Gallery back into something that would be considered a relation to Walt's vision.

    Then there's the argument that Walt's vision for Disneyland is for EVERYONE to enjoy the park. Fair enough, but was Walt's vision for EVERYONE to enjoy the apartment?

    Sign me up to spend an evening in that suite, PLEASE!

  13. #58

    • Animatronic
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,860

    Re: Call to Arms: Cinderella Suite West CONFIRMED - Save the Disney Gallery!

    Did Rasulo finally see "Star Trek Wrath of Khan", but miss-hear Spock? It's not the needs of the one out weigh the needs of the many!!!

  14. #59

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    637

    Re: Call to Arms: Cinderella Suite West CONFIRMED - Save the Disney Gallery!

    I see no problem converting the space back to its original intent -- a place for a family to spend the night. Nice idea, actually.

    They could easily move the gallery displays to the lobby and exit areas of the Opera House.

  15. #60

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    383

    Re: Call to Arms: Cinderella Suite West CONFIRMED - Save the Disney Gallery!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tedi Bara View Post
    ..what would you do if somebody decided to show the world their butt or walk around nude. .
    Same thing they'd do at one of their hotels I would imagine. And as an aside, it certainly would be in theme. New Orleans. Fat Tuesday. Butts, Boobs, and Beads Galore. Not that I'd want to see that kind of thing at Disney.

    Originally Posted by ManaByte
    But Walt also wanted EVERYONE to enjoy Disneyland, not just a family randomly selected by a computer program as part of a marketing promotion. Don't understand?
    Walt certainly intended for people to be able to afford and enjoy Disneyland. But judging from what Disney was and his plans for its future before he died, I don't conclude that he intended everything to be for mass consumption either. WDW as envisioned in his plans had no value resorts and no moderate resorts. The Disneyland hotel itself certainly was not cheap either. It was no secret that he disdained the hotels for mass consumption off of Disney property. Of course in that day, many of those were fleabags. But he certainly never planned hotels for mass consumption. That is fairly good evidence that Walt certainly did not object to at least a few things being not for mass consumption.


    "Ah, I see. Another YOMD bash thread.

    Move along.
    LMAO!!!
    Last edited by WSVR; 07-05-2007 at 08:59 AM.

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 12345671429 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Disney Gallery --> Hotel Suite Rumor is Confirmed
    By RetroMousie in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 10-05-2007, 11:26 AM
  2. NOS Dream Suite Confirmed (Merged Threads)
    By mycroft16 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2007, 11:27 AM
  3. Replies: 155
    Last Post: 08-14-2007, 10:47 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •