Page 1 of 40 12341126 ... LastLast

• Closed Account

Call to Arms: Cinderella Suite West CONFIRMED - Save the Disney Gallery! (Merged)

Yesterday while at City Hall, we had a plaid manager (not normal CM) CONFIRM 100% that the Disney Gallery was being converted over to a Cinderella Suite for Year of a Million Dreams until at the very least the end of the year.

We cannot allow this to happen. We need to do at least two things:

1. Everytime you go to the park stop by city hall both on the way in and on the way out and ask for a complaint form to fill out. Fill out one of these at least twice a day with each visit.

2. Ed Grier appears to only care about good press for the park and nothing else. Maybe some bad press over this will stop it? I'm sure Al will post something after his 4th of July break, but we need more than that. The LA Times article on Pirate's Lair changed Disney's plans a bit, maybe if we can get the LA Times to print an article on how Disney is destroying another Walt Disney original in Disneyland it'll help them stop their plans for the Cinderella Suite.

This is by far the worst idea to hit Disneyland since the “ride it until it fails” maintenance policy that lead to the Big Thunder Mountain and Columbia accidents in 2003. The Disney Gallery was originally built by Walt as his Royal Suite in New Orleans Square. The reason why there are so many power outlets in the rooms there is because Walt was planning on using it as an apartment and Lillian had a habit of moving furniture around. He installed so many outlets so that no matter where she moved his reading table, he’d be able to plug in his reading lamp.

The Balcony, which Disneyland uses for premium seating for Fantasmic!, was placed where it is so Walt and Roy could have optimal viewing over the Rivers of America. If you sit up there and look out, you can see how perfect the view is. Walt and Roy’s initials are even right there in the iron grating of the Balcony.

Transforming the Disney Gallery into a hotel room to satisfy the horribly unexciting Year of a Million Dreams “promotion” is an insult to the Disney name. It completely tosses away any of the respect and reverence the park tried to show to its legacy during the 50th Anniversary celebration during 2005 and 2006, and instead just looks to be a desperate attempt to get the attention of the press while ignoring the history that lies in every corner of the park.

Every single Annual Passholder now has a duty to go directly to City Hall and make it be known that the Gallery is not to be touched.

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

Re: Call to Arms: Cinderella Suite West CONFIRMED - Save the Disney Gallery!

But aren't they just converting it for a year? Won't it go back to being a Gallery after that? If that's the case, then having it temporarily be some princess attraction is OK with me.

• Little Miss Sunshine

The year of a Million Dreams is like half over. Why now are they doing this?
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

I don't mind. I actually think it would be exciting to stay the night at a place where Walt was supposed to live!
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ttztotdca50 View Post
    I don't mind. I actually think it would be exciting to stay the night at a place where Walt was supposed to live!
    Yeah I kinda feel the same way. I'm not understanding how this is "destroying" the magic. Seems pretty magical to me! It's not like they're turning it into a McDonalds or something. And again, if it's just temporary, sounds OK to me. Walt always said Disneyland would never stop growing or changing. He wanted things to change and progress.

• Banned User

ok what is ever temporary? is abe back on mainstreet? if it gets done, it will stay permanently even if it's not a prize anymore. I have stated on another thread that this is a bad idea because of the location. DL has the mickey mouse suite and cinderella has nothing to do with New Orleans square.

•   
    • Senior Minion

I think it is fine.

• Return to Oz

I also think it would be very exciting to spend a night there (but I know the odds will be very slim)
    I’m ok with the change as long as its only temporary.
    Last edited by Disney luv; 07-05-2007 at 08:46 AM.
    So... what do you think?

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I am actually looking forward to that area being unaccessible to the general public once again. There was some mysteriousness to it back before they opened it up as the gallery back in the 80's.

Just as long as they theme it other than Cinderella, I am fine with it. But if they have to theme it to Cinderella please do NOT do any changes to the outside.

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95 View Post
    ok what is ever temporary? is abe back on mainstreet? if it gets done, it will stay permanently even if it's not a prize anymore. I have stated on another thread that this is a bad idea because of the location. DL has the mickey mouse suite and Cinderella has nothing to do with New Orleans square.

You summed up my thoughts exactly. If this comes in I doubt the Disney Gallery will be back anytime soon. What does Cinderella have to do with NOS? If it must be then at least call it Walt's Suite or something. I swear between pirates and princesses ...

<Sighs> Jay Rusalo makes me weep for the good old days of Paulie Pressler &That Harriss Woman
    Last edited by Uzmati; 07-05-2007 at 07:29 AM.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• It's all nonsense

Cinderella in NOS? geez.

• Former Epcot CM

I don't agree with the Cinderella theming, but other than that, I believe the principle is entirely magical. Please step down from your high horse, Walt-channeller.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

You know, I've heard that the gallery is haunted. Wouldn't it be funny if they do turn it into a hotel suite and no one will stay in there because of what might happen after park closing?

• He's a Beautiful Pirate..

Not Close Enough to the House of the Mouse

I don't agree. Part of New Orleans Sq is seeing the art within the Disney Gallery. And, being able to have a terrific view. I can't imagine not being able to go up there. Do we really think it will go back after the YOMD? Where is Lincoln? It's been a year! I hope this is just rumor and not true.

• Santa Barbara, CA

It would likely be NOS or Pirate themed. My big hope would be that they rip down those two hideous stairways leading to the Gallery and restore the building back to it's former glory. Maybe they would do the gallery in place of one of those badly themed NOS shops at ground level.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Page 1 of 40 12341126 ... LastLast