Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Minion

Angry 3 Hour FREE complimentary parking.....for 10 bucks?

Last night we had decided to go get some kettlecorn popcorn in Downtown Disney ( It's really, really good popcorn if you haven't tried it yet). It was around 7:30 in the evening. Our plan was to just drive in to the Downtown Disney parking lot, go get our popcorn and then go to the parking structure and enjoy the fireworks. I expected it to be busy because of the whole July 4th event but I certainly did not expect to have to pay 10 bucks for parking that is normally FREE. They had CM's sationed at each entrance collecting 10 bucks per car. They had these cheap looking signs, like the signs you would see at a carnival or state fair telling people that "special event parking" was 10.00. Directly behind these CM's was the sign clearly stating that parking was free for the first 3 hours.

Personaly the whole scenario really left a bad impression about Disney. They really will charge you for ANYTHING they can get away with. If they could charge you for breathing their air I'm sure they would.

I even told the CM that I was only trying to get some popcorn and that I wouldn't be staying for the fireworks but he said it didn't matter. EVERYONE has to pay. So that 7 dollar bag of popcorn is now going to cost you 17 bucks. That dinner you had at the Rainforest Cafe is now 10 bucks more.

I paid their fee and enjoyed the fireworks although because they charged me 10 bucks I didn't have enough cash for popcorn.

Who know? Perhaps in the future Disney will send CM's to drive around on Harbor, Katella and Ball and start charging anyone who can see the fireworks on the 4th of July.

Anyways, I'm done with my rant.

• :)

Re: 3 Hour FREE complimentary parking.....for 10 bucks?

Last night I was in line to get into the structure, I was staring at the Special Event sign (The light up road signs you see on the freeway) when all of a sudden it blanked out and than went from $10 - $11

wtf?

• It's all nonsense

So it's 4th of July. You see special event parking signs indicating a fee. You pay the fee. And you continue to complain?

• Fighter Pilot

its to keep from people just buying popcorn and sit in the parking lot

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    So it's 4th of July. You see special event parking signs indicating a fee. You pay the fee. And you continue to complain?
    Exactly. It's a summer holiday. Gas prices rise, airfare rises, hotel room rates rise, hamburger and hot dog and charcoal prices rise, roadside repair and towing prices rise, union hourly wages rise, parking fees rise. It's capitalism and it is fair. Think it's not? Don't pay 'em.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95 View Post

Personaly the whole scenario really left a bad impression about Disney. They really will charge you for ANYTHING they can get away with. If they could charge you for breathing their air I'm sure they would.
    Not only that, there would be regular air and premium air.

But you could get an Annual Breathing Pass to mitigate the cost.

• Minion

It's supposed to be free complimentary parking for 3 hours. That's what gets me is that it's usually free but then all of a sudden someone comes up with the idea of charging for free parking and those of us who are used to the FREE parking get caught off guard and have to pay the fee.

That's nothing. I work in downtown San Diego 2-3 nights a week. When the Padres are playing, there's suddenly no street parking, and the lots triple or quadruple their rates (a $5 lot suddenly has $20 signs up). Sometimes my first hour (or two) of a four-and-a-half hour shift is going to ACE Parking. Factor in taxes and it can feel like I'm paying to work. And that's not a once-a-year occurrence, either.

As the swab said, it's capitalism.

• Fighter Pilot

exactly, I work and live downtown san diego too and I have a parking pass I never use cause I just walk to work, but I "rent" it out to my friends just because I can and its extra pocket money

What you are blatantly forgetting to leave out is the fact that right behind the 10 dollar sign is the sign that states free parking. In a store if there are two different prices, the lowest one is considered the correct one, simple really...

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95 View Post
    It's supposed to be free complimentary parking for 3 hours. That's what gets me is that it's usually free but then all of a sudden someone comes up with the idea of charging for free parking and those of us who are used to the FREE parking get caught off guard and have to pay the fee.

You didn't have to pay anything. I'm assuming you have an AP with parking since you mentioned watching the fireworks from M&Fs. You could have went across the street to M&Fs in the first place. You would have lost a few minutes, but you would've gotten your popcorn.

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeMan33 View Post
    exactly, I work and live downtown san diego too and I have a parking pass I never use cause I just walk to work, but I "rent" it out to my friends just because I can and its extra pocket money
    A few years ago during ComicCon, one of the lots was charging $60.

I nearly had a heart attack when I saw that.

• Shubisha

They announced ahead of time they would be doing this and there was even a thread about it. If you were truly going to visit one of the restaurants or a valid place for validation, you still would've gotten validated and been allowed to get a refund for your $10 at the parking booth.

• Minion

You didn't have to pay anything. I'm assuming you have an AP with parking since you mentioned watching the fireworks from M&Fs. You could have went across the street to M&Fs in the first place. You would have lost a few minutes, but you would've gotten your popcorn.
    I have a deluxe pass. I was blacked out on July 4th so I WOULD have to pay for parking at the structure. Had I know they would be charging the same price for the supposedly FREE parking at Downtown Disney I would have just parked at the structure. By the time you realize there is not free parking at Downtown Disney it's too late. Youre already stuck in line. You can't just make a u-turn and get out when every lane is designated for entry, not exit.

• Fighter Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by KDR View Post
    A few years ago during ComicCon, one of the lots was charging $60.

I nearly had a heart attack when I saw that.

oh I seen $115 at people that rent their condo garage out

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast