Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• 88 mph

Re: Jungle Cruise ~ 100 Times in 1 Day ~ Would it be possible?

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    I didn't know Disneyland opened in 1983
    LOL!

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• Comin' at ya!

Quote Originally Posted by The International View Post
    If you're going to do something for the sake of being able to do it, why not volunteer at some sort of charitable organization for the day? You'll be able to tell people what you did (i.e. "I worked with disadvantaged youths" as opposed to "I rode this theme park ride 100 times") and it won't be mind numbing like going on the same thing 100 or even 50 or even 25 times in a row would.

Ummm...because?
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Circle of Ancients

Let me tell you all something about Marathon riding...........I was once lucky enough to be in the park one summer evening about 20+ years ago when it was opened late(1am) but very light on crowds.

From about 9:00pm - 1am I rode Big Thunder over and over again...nothing else. At the end of the night when I met up with my brother, sister and cousins I bragged about riding Big Thunder 26 times in a row....thinking I accomplished something great.

My siblings and cousins went on, durring that same stretch of time America Sings, The Disneyland Railroad(all the way around plus two stops), The Haunted Mansion(twice), Country Bears, Pirates of the Caribean(two or three times?), Mark Twain, Big Thunder(twice), Sky Way, Tomorrowland Autopia, Fantasyland Autopia, Submarine Voyage, and the Matterhorn(Two or three times, I forget which)....Somewhere along the line they also stopped and got ice cream.

They had a much better time than did I
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Off to Neverland

I did Casey Jr. train 5 times in one day...my nephew fell in love with it. It's actually pretty fun...but 5 times was enough.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

long time to report back. . . . .

In July, I was loose with my schedule, and didn't attemt the
    Jungle Cruise-a-thon. Although I still think it would be a lot
    of fun. I did cruise about 3 times during the trip, and that did
    afford me time to time the cruise, which ran about 12 or 13
    minutes. That would give me either 4 or 5 excursions per hour,
    and in a 16 hour day, that would make 80 trips the likely max.
    And that doesn't include time for getting in line.

SO, a much more reasonable 1st time goal to surpass my current
    13, would be a mere 50 round trips. I still may have to try this out,
    and the next possible try for this would be between Christmas and
    New Years.

• Conductor on Retlaw 1 Car

I think I may be able to do it 100 times in one day. I have spent quite a few days at sea doing repetitive things and hearing repetitive things. I think I watched a movie 10 times in one day was my record. Hey any Jungle cast members out there that can get me on without stop. I think I would have to switch boats though.
    I was a few minutes away from Hong Kong Disneyland and didn't make it but got this cool picture though

• Shubisha

You know what.. if someone wants to do this with me on a friday or sunday I'll totally do it(I suggest friday). There's a fruit stand and bengal bbq too depending how long it takes .

Is anyone up for it? Either on October 5th, 7th, 12th, 14th, or 19th. If you could do any of those days reply here. Serious. I'm bored enough =P. But I won't do it alone. The park is open 16 hours each of those days. 100 trips in 16 hours means averaging 6.25 trips an hour. That means the trip has to take 9.6 minutes per trip. The trip takes around 8 minutes each. That gives us 1.6 minutes of queue, loading, and sending the boat off time. HAHAHAHA it's totally impossible and I love it.

So nevermind =D

Let's see.. using my math an almost impossible yet doable goal would be to do it like above but with 2 wasted trips every hour for extra queue time, leaving you 4.8 minutes. Like I said, almost entirely impossible yet on the brink of doable making it worthy of calling a record of some kind. This would leave you 24 shy of 100, so 76 total trips.

Even if a few skippers just jammed the throttle and raced you through the jungle without slowing or stopping a couple times because the ride was empty, it'd take 30 of those to make a difference overall and work your way towards 100 for the day.

If only the park were open until 2am still. Then you'd only need to do it 5.56 times every hour. So what ride COULD you do 100 times in a day? Well the total ride time and queue time would have to be under that 9.6 minute mark. If it was really an off season weekend day, Pinocchio may be the only one because even if there's a small rush of people it won't back up the line by virtue of only having one train. If you could average no line most of the time on Gadget's Go-Coaster, maybe. But that has a 20 minute line sometimes and that would ruin it unless you got a long string of nonstop, no-line rides since it's only 27 seconds long. But then again since toontown closes early for fireworks anyways, that ruins it.. So maybe your best chance would be a weekday with the 10 hours but a chance at never getting up to that 20 minute line..
    Last edited by almandot; 09-27-2007 at 12:15 AM.

My god what have you done to almandot! :O
    Siggy siggy sig sig.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

I have faith in you Aladdin, go for it.

• ...lurks...

I dunno, but would be worth while, if you could get the crew to stand behind it. Count me in!

according to some on this message board, I think riding jungle cruise this much in one day is an abuse of AP privs.

• Imaginative Possibilities

oooo sour feelings 99? I think it would be interesting I did teacups 3 times in arow with a friend...i get dizzy just hearing the music now...
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Just do it!!! My First Disney Quest was all Disneyland Attractions in 1 Day! Was accomplished 2 years ago and started at 8:00am and finished at 10:55pm! Second Disney Resort Quest was all Disneyland Attraction and California Adventure Attractions in 1-Day! This was accomplished last year. Began at 8:00am and completed at 12:00am. Both were done during midweek and in March. Jungle Cruise 100x---Do it so we can read your write up!!

• ...lurks...

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBoySC99 View Post
    according to some on this message board, I think
    riding jungle cruise this much in one day is an abuse of AP privs.
    Hmm....for the record, I'd consider it a day well...spent?

Unless it was a new attraction, like say, Nemo. That may be a bit 'excessive', though not abusive. After all AP's don't get to skip the line with some sore of magical 'permanent fastpass' or anything. 3 hours a ride, that's about 3-4 rides in a given day — the more power to them.
    Last edited by shadow; 09-27-2007 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Added last bit.

• Shubisha

Quote Originally Posted by snappy View Post
    Jungle Cruise 100x---Do it so we can read your write up!!
    we've already established this is impossible mathematically in a 16 hour day. if someone wants to go for 75 it'd be hard but we could do it.

if someone wants to go for 100 times on Winnie the Pooh or Gadget's Go Coaster on one of the next Mondays or Wednesdays, I'm totally down for it. =P So state your interest.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast