View Poll Results: Should they offer Round Trip tickets on the Monorail from DtD?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, that is a great idea!

14 29.17%
  • No! Disney already makes enough money!

34 70.83%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Steamboat Willie

Re: Monorail trips from Dtd....

It might be a good idea if Disney used the round trip as a teaser. If after the trip a person wanted to buy a day pass and actual enter the park, Disney could discount the day pass by the amount of the round trip ticket.
    Last edited by Turp; 07-06-2007 at 12:15 PM. Reason: I can't type.

Quote Originally Posted by Turp View Post
    It might be a good idea if Disney used the round trip as a teaser. If after the trip a person wanted to buy a day pass and actual enter the park, Disney could discount the day pass by the amount of the round trip ticket.
    That is a great idea!
    BRYANT - MEGADISNEY
    Owner/Travel Advisor - Magical Partners Travel
    Walt Disney Company Stockholder
    D23 Charter Member

I'll tell you what angers me is when I wanto to get on the monrail from DtD and NO ONE GETS OFF. Some people like ot as an attraction. Others want to use as a mode of transportation ot the park.

They should have two lines, a line that is for one way travel and a line for round trip travel This way half of the monorail will have to exit.
    "NO ONE GETS OFF" is a bit of an exaggeration, don't you think? lol
    Anyway, to offset this, we load less people at the TL station. Depending on how busy DTD is, we will close off car 1, if needed, car 2 as well.

Two separate such lines...I just don't see how this would be feasible or even needed. Bottom line...Monorail IS an attraction. When it debuted, it had 1 stop. TL. That's it. You took a scenic loop from TL station and exited at TL station. The stop near the hotels was put in as a courtesy several years later. Bottom line......it was an attraction before it was anything else. *steps off soapbox*

Can you tell I'm bitter over guests at DTD yelling at me that the Monorail is NOT an attraction and is a service provided for hotel guests only?? lol Another thing I've noticed...guests will wait in a 3 hour line for Nemo, but a 5 minute wait for the next train is too long for them? I don't get it...

Quote Originally Posted by kriskitty22 View Post
    "NO ONE GETS OFF" is a bit of an exaggeration, don't you think? lol
    Anyway, to offset this, we load less people at the TL station. Depending on how busy DTD is, we will close off car 1, if needed, car 2 as well.

Two separate such lines...I just don't see how this would be feasible or even needed. Bottom line...Monorail IS an attraction. When it debuted, it had 1 stop. TL. That's it. You took a scenic loop from TL station and exited at TL station. The stop near the hotels was put in as a courtesy several years later. Bottom line......it was an attraction before it was anything else. *steps off soapbox*

Can you tell I'm bitter over guests at DTD yelling at me that the Monorail is NOT an attraction and is a service provided for hotel guests only?? lol Another thing I've noticed...guests will wait in a 3 hour line for Nemo, but a 5 minute wait for the next train is too long for them? I don't get it...
    So as a Monorail Attraction CM what do you think of selling round trip from DtD?
    BRYANT - MEGADISNEY
    Owner/Travel Advisor - Magical Partners Travel
    Walt Disney Company Stockholder
    D23 Charter Member

• Minion

Blog Entries

I think the longest I have waited for the monorail is 45 mins... Which is why I tell guests just to walk from the hotel because it is quicker...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow_White_Raven View Post
    I think the longest I have waited for the monorail is 45 mins... Which is why I tell guests just to walk from the hotel because it is quicker...
    Depends on what time of day you are planning on taking it. If it's in the very morning, then yes, it's busy. At dinner time, busy. After fireworks...busy. Any other time of day, we are relatively very slow.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Seperate train is a horrible idea. That is wasted time at the Tomorrowland Station where the monorail would have to just sit their or slow down to a crawl. Designated cars with a seperate line would work better as the monorail could still function as a means of transportation.

I really hope Disney at least considered trying to pull a Mark VI with the Mark VIIs. (By this I mean that the Mark VIs is a good bit larger than the Mark IVs). Otherwise I can see Downtown Disney having a very long line as people enjoy the new trains as a round trip. Speaking of the Mark VIIs, I'm sure there'd be plenty willing to pay for a ride on one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12