• Sock Puppet

Is Middle of August a good time to go

i am now considering going to DLR next month after i get out of summer school and before i start school again. Is this a good time to go and what are the crowds like. What's the deal of staying 3 nights and get the fourth night free. What disney hotel is this good for?

• Just splashing around...

Re: Is Middle of August a good time to go

It will be hot and crowded, but if it's your only chance to go, then go. I always say it's better to be there than not.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Sorry.

August is one of the busiest times.

• Mousketeer

I usually find mid to late august some of the better times to go during the summer. Probably best after the 19th

Most CA schools are still on summer break, but kids (and thier parents) in Ut, Az, Nv. are getting ready for school or starting back. Also, football camps, band camps, and so on for the coming year are starting, so the crowds lessen a bit. Not as good as mid september early october, but not too bad

• Closed Account

I am planning a trip in mid to late August as well.

It will be hot, and it will be crowded. Honestly though, I think that any Disneyland crowds are manageable unless you're one of those crowd-phobic people who really have issues with that kind of thing. If that's the case, than mid August is a really bad idea.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

When I was little, my mother and I would have our annual Disneyland trip the day before I would start back up at school...it wasn't crowded at all. And I imagine she planned it that way so we would enjoy our trip more.

Of course, that was a long time ago, before the 50th+ crowds moved in.

• Progressive Disneylander

I'm headed back during the mid-to-late part of August as well!

We were there last year during the last week of August in '06 and it was crowded but do-able. The hours are shorter during the last week of August which is kind of a drag. I think all of the APs work then, though.

I think the mid-August days will be much like any other summer days at Disneyland. Prepare to deal with a lot of people and bring your patience and iPod along.

• For You!

4th Night Free at the Disneyland® Resort
    Don’t Get into a Stitch! The 4th Night’s for FREE* when you stay for 3.
    We invite your clients to come live out Disney dreams like never before, during The Year of a Million Dreams celebration, a first-of-its-kind event, celebrating dreams and the dream-making magic Disney Cast Members create for Guests every day at the Disneyland® Resort.
    Your clients are going to want extra time – and now they can have it FREE! Just simply book a package and stay 3-nights (or longer) at a participating Disneyland® Resort Good Neighbor Hotel and receive a 4th Night FREE*!
    4-Night packages starting from $227* per person, based on quad occupancy. Includes Theme Park tickets, accommodations, and more!
    Participating Hotels/Applicable Dates:
    • Newly Added! Anaheim Fairfield Inn: August 20 – December 16, 2007
    • Newly Added! Anaheim Marriott: September 1 – December 16, 2007
    • Newly Added! Courtyard Anaheim: September 1 – December 16, 2007
    • Newly Added! Marriott Suites: September 1 – December 16, 2007
    • Anabella Hotel: September 4 – November 17, 2007; November 26 – December 11, 2007
    • Best Western Anaheim Inn: September 2 – December 16, 2007
    • Best Western Park Place Inn: September 2 – December 16, 2007
    • Best Western Pavilions: September 2 – December 16, 2007
    • Best Western Stovall’s Inn: September 2 – December 16, 2007
    • Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort: Now – June 24, 2007; September 2 – November 15, 2007; November 25 – December 16, 2007
    • Doubletree Guest Suites: October 1 – December 16, 2007
    • Hilton Anaheim: December 1 – December 16, 2007
    • Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort: October 1 – December 16, 2007
    • Hyatt Regency Orange County: December 1 – December 16, 2007
    • Motel 6 Anaheim Resort: October 1 – December 16, 2007
    • Portofino Inn & Suites: October 1 – December 16, 2007
    • Radisson Hotel Maingate: September 2 – December 16, 2007
    * Price per person based on three paid nights’ stay, quad occupancy (2 adults (18 and over) and 2 children (ages 3 – 9)), standard room at Best Western Pavilions. Valid for arrivals from 9/2/07 through 12/16/07. Travel must be booked by 12/14/07 and completed by 12/20/07. Upon a minimum three (3) paid consecutive nights’ stay at a participating hotel, a fourth (4th) free will be added and must be consecutive to the three (3) free nights stayed. Limited to one (1) free night per package/reservation. Qualifying packages include 3-Day Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® souvenir tickets. Tickets expire thirteen (13) days after first use or 1/15/08, whichever occurs first, and each day of use of a ticket constitutes one (1) full day of use. Tickets may not be sold or transferred for commercial use. All offers, events, tickets, age ranges, services, attractions and entertainment may be seasonal and are subject to change without notice. Subject to availability, block-out dates and other restrictions. Not valid with any other discounts or promotions. © Disney CST: 1022229-50

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!