Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Santa Barbara, CA

Re: Most Valuable Disneyland collectible

I recently picked up a first year (1956) TSI map drawn by Herb Ryman (unedited) relatively reasonably on ebay. I love the artwork.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• :)

You can get an opening day ticket on eBay and they aren't that expensive from what I have seen..

• Banned User

I have a couple of Shag autographed items from the Tiki Room anniverary. Also, a few ride prints with the autographs of X. Atencio and Bob Gurr. Maybe someday those will be worth something when they aren't around anymore, but, I don't plan to part with them.

Quote Originally Posted by oldhotelguy View Post
    What would you say is the most expensive Disneyland souvenier item from the past? Some things that come to mind would be, 1). the 1958 Disneyland map with the Viewliner Train on it 2). the electrical (Schuco I think) Monorail train set 3). a paper item with Walt's signature on it 4). the plastic helmet with all the "lands" on it 5). an original opening day Disneyland ticket. Any other ideas?
    I got all of those (and about 5 different Schucos...they made many variations).

My most valuable collectible though, is my Club 33 prospectus that was given to me on the opening night of Club 33 in 1967. It's in its original mailing envelope (but non-addressed as it was given by hand) and is a bit different than the ones they distributed later in 1967 and later still reproduced for one of the Club's anniversaries. When I took it into the Disney Archives...even they didn't have a copy of it or had ever seen it!

The Club 33 menu I pinched...got...that opening night is also one of my most prized collectibles and another one that I've "loaned" to Disney on occasion. Though a bit stained (we had fun), it's still fun to look at those prices!

I've got dozens that I think are extremely valuable (and rare). But almost all my most cherished collectibles have personal experiences behind them. They may not be the most "valuable" on eBay...but they are the most valuable to me.

• To infinity & beyond!!

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy View Post
    I got all of those (and about 5 different Schucos...they made many variations).

My most valuable collectible though, is my Club 33 prospectus that was given to me on the opening night of Club 33 in 1967. It's in its original mailing envelope (but non-addressed as it was given by hand) and is a bit different than the ones they distributed later in 1967 and later still reproduced for one of the Club's anniversaries. When I took it into the Disney Archives...even they didn't have a copy of it or had ever seen it!

The Club 33 menu I pinched...got...that opening night is also one of my most prized collectibles and another one that I've "loaned" to Disney on occasion. Though a bit stained (we had fun), it's still fun to look at those prices!

I've got dozens that I think are extremely valuable (and rare). But almost all my most cherished collectibles have personal experiences behind them. They may not be the most "valuable" on eBay...but they are the most valuable to me.

Wow, a lobster tail for $6.25?! Thats cheaper than a burger is now! lol!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

I have one of the original Disneyland guidebooks, "The Story of Disneyland," from 1955. I also have two strips of Santa Fe and Disneyland RR tickets and two TWA Rocket Ship certificates from 1956 signed by my mom and dad.

I don't think these have a huge monetary value, but they're among my prized Disney collectibles.

I think the sentimental collectibles are so much better!!! I have to say my favorite is my goofy figurine from the 1940's! I don't if it is even worth anything but my boyfriend's mom gave it to me the first Christmas we were together. The reason it is so special is because she really didn't know me very well but went out of her way to find something that she knew that I would really like and cherish!!
    If you believe, dreams really do come true!!!

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

The memories.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDude2006 View Post
    I don't know. I have a limited edition sculpture that's worth around 1000-14000 bucks that originally I bought for 300.
    Is it of a $14,000 Disney Dollar bill?
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Done waiting!!

I know its probably not worth the most money but I have an intact ticket booklet with 1 A, 2 bs, 2c, 2ds, and 2 es; along with the checklist at the back to make sure you got to all the attractions.
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12