Need suggestions for our 10 year anniversary

My wife and I are celebrating our 10 year anniversary in the park, August 14-17 (I know hot and crowded, but I can't change our anniversary date). We are spending 4 days there and leaving our son at home with grandma. We have been before a few times, but this will be the last time without a child in tow. I have been trying to come up with something special for us. We are very simple people, so flashy and expensive are out (i.e. Napa Rose, etc.).

Let me tell you what I have so far:
    Staying at DLH with pool/resort view (concierge is to much $$)
    Chocolate-covered strawberries being delivered the night of our anniversary (her fave!!)
    PS at Blue Bayou and Cafe Orleans
    Told vacation planning about it and they are getting us character pictures (and maybe other stuff, I don't know)
    Lunch at House of Blues (love the Elwood sandwich!!!)
    Planning on seeing Aladdin (never seen it)

Thought about doing:
    Fantasmic PS but neither of us are big fans (I have done special effects staging for years)
    Having a basket delivered on the day we arrive (maybe the spa one they have with a robe). Has anyone ever seen these? What is the robe like (for $65 I hope it is nice)?

Anything else you guys can come up with?? You are all such a wealth of information. I have picked up so many interesting ideas here.

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Brian

• Closed Account

Re: Need suggestions for our 10 year anniversary

First off, I thought I heard something about Fantasmic! Preferred seating going away soon , so that might not be an option.

If you headed over the the castle at night before the fireworks and told a CM that it was an anniversary, I'm sure they would let you duck under the ropes to take a picture. If you do it on your camera it wouldn't cost you anything and would make a great souvenir.

The seating on the gallery is done away with as the gallery is now closed for good. (The rumor is once River Bell Terrace is updated, the second story there will be used.)

If you call ahead of time, you can have a cake done and presented at a select few of the sit down restaurants.

I will have to think of some other romantic ideas....What a sweet hubby!!!!!

• DL Nerd

Take a Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. I haven't been on it yet ( yeah in Oct) but I heard it's really cool.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...tstepsTourPage
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• Canon DSLR Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Junthor View Post
    Take a Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. I haven't been on it yet ( yeah in Oct) but I heard it's really cool.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...tstepsTourPage

Yes, do this. I have and I think you'll appreciate the vision of Disney even more.
    Vance DeBar "Pinto" Colvig was born on September 11, 1892. I was born on September 11, 1959. Goofy huh?
    OOPS.....

• Splash Mountain addict.

I just did Fantasmic Priority Seating at on my vacation, and I highly recommend it. The seating at the Disney Gallery is no longer available, but they've kept open the Rivers of America viewing site (b/w Haunted Mansion and the main effect tower), which provided a great view of the show. Not only that, but for the money you get something to drink and this dessert box with had no less than 8 sweets in it...which were DELICIOUS. If you book for the first Fantasmic showing, you also get to watch the fireworks show from the priority viewing seats, which I thought was nice.

YMMV, as you work in special effects, but my family and I found the experience to be very enjoyable-definitely something we'd do again!

• Hooterville, USA

The best advice I can give you for your 10th, is to plan for your 20th.
    Then your 30th and so forth.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

You guys have some great suggestions! Since I posted this, I have done a few things.

1) Since we are staying in the DLH, I am having a robe done with my wifes name on it to be there when we get there. Cost me $76. Expensive for a robe, but worth it for her!

2) Karen Kim in Vacation Planning came up with this. They are going to do a honeymoon turndown for the first night. It is a basic turndown with rose petals tossed about the bed. This sounds real cool!

Still can't decided about taking the tour. We are going to be there only a couple days, so I don't want to waste time. Especially since they have now changed it and don't have the special menu anymore.