Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Disneyland Bound

Re: Should Disneyland Resort have an Adult only area?

To me Disneyland means family time and enjoying the kid inside of each of us. That doesn't include alcohol or things that don't cater to kids . As a kid I spent half a day at Disneyland instead of the 3 days we were told we'd spend. Why? Because dad had to go drinking and gambling the night before Disney. He lost all the money for our tickets and hotel. We got half a day at Disney because my Uncle felt bad for us and took us before we left for home flat broke. It's nobody else's fault for what happened with dad, but to me, promoting places within Disneyland, that could potentially ruin a Disney experience for "kids" young or old, should not be at Disneyland itself. If folks want nightclubs, danceclubs or bars of any sort, there are any number of locations that could host such things. Disney doesn't have to be one of those locations.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xRybo View Post
    Not in the parks, but maybe in DtD. I don't like the idea, but if there were to be one, I'd hope in DtD, because the parks should be shared together. And just think of all the parents that'd tell their kids, "Wait here, I'm gonna go get something to drink."
    By the way, the idea is not just a place to drink, there are plenty of those in DCA, DtD and the Hotels, it is just the fact that kids are allowed into all those areas, so long as they don't enjoy the adult beverages.

The question is, should Disney make some areas a "Kids Free" zone, since some adults like to take a break from kids, and just sit down and relax.

For example, the Adult Only areas on the Disney Cruise Ships, while most of those areas do offer alcohol, there is no requirement or need to drink to enter and enjoy the areas.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by lil lisa View Post
    To me Disneyland means family time and enjoying the kid inside of each of us. That doesn't include alcohol or things that don't cater to kids . As a kid I spent half a day at Disneyland instead of the 3 days we were told we'd spend. Why? Because dad had to go drinking and gambling the night before Disney. He lost all the money for our tickets and hotel. We got half a day at Disney because my Uncle felt bad for us and took us before we left for home flat broke. It's nobody else's fault for what happened with dad, but to me, promoting places within Disneyland, that could potentially ruin a Disney experience for "kids" young or old, should not be at Disneyland itself. If folks want nightclubs, dance clubs or bars of any sort, there are any number of locations that could host such things. Disney doesn't have to be one of those locations.
    Awwww this is a sad memory for sure, but I am so glad you are going back!! I am so excited for you, I know you are going to have the time of your life!!! Use fast pass, and make sure to not rush thru things, but to see it all and walk slow enough to get it all in .

• Banned User

Not an area, but an adults only over-21 night at Disneyland would be awesome. They already set precedent with Grad Nite that caters to a specific age group so an over-21 night isn't too far fetched.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

"What do you do for a living?"

"I am a bouncer over at Disneyland"

Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

I'll have to agree here with Darkbeer, and I have two kids that are 6 and 8. Drinking alchohol has nothing to do with a kids free zone, it would be a nice break from the little ones. If I remember right doesn't WDW offer a kids free zone at their DtD after dark?
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Disneyland Bound

Fortunately, my folks are pretty awesome most of the time, so the memory isn't too sad of one. However, it was a good lesson for me going into parenthood. It's easy for anybody to give in to temptation now and again. I'd hate to make it easy for that to happen at Disneyland. An adult zone type of nightclub would have benefits for some, but for families who fly in or travel great distances for the Disney experience- who is watching the kids if they decide to have some "adult only" time? Granted, if they want it bad enough, they'll find such places on or off property, but why encourage such things or make it easy?

I dunno. The more I think about it, the more torn I get. I like to go out for a drink with the DH on occasion or with my girlfriends. It's a good thing for the responsible people and it's not Disney's problem to deal with the irresponsible people. I guess I just don't like the mix with Disney though.

Thanks, Hakuna. The whole family is going to have a blast!

• no flash photography...

yes, there needs to be kid free areas. IMO children should not be allowed in the bars. Every time I'm trying to relax and talk with a friend in a bar there are screaming kids, crying babies or they are running wild while the parents ignore them. That being said I don't feel the alcohol beverages should be allowed outside the drinking areas where they are purchased. I'm getting so tired of seeing people haul their beer cups around DCA.

I have left the lost bar more than once because of unruly children and it's not someplace I would seek out now.

Even the disney cruise ships and their private island has kid free areas.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by lil lisa View Post
    To me Disneyland means family time and enjoying the kid inside of each of us. That doesn't include alcohol or things that don't cater to kids . As a kid I spent half a day at Disneyland instead of the 3 days we were told we'd spend. Why? Because dad had to go drinking and gambling the night before Disney. He lost all the money for our tickets and hotel. We got half a day at Disney because my Uncle felt bad for us and took us before we left for home flat broke. It's nobody else's fault for what happened with dad, but to me, promoting places within Disneyland, that could potentially ruin a Disney experience for "kids" young or old, should not be at Disneyland itself. If folks want nightclubs, danceclubs or bars of any sort, there are any number of locations that could host such things. Disney doesn't have to be one of those locations.
    Im sorry that happened to you, but alcohol should not be banned from everyone because on some have issues with it. Personally I do not drink a lot. I can't remember when I had my last alcohol beverage. Mostly because I have to drive home and I do not drink and drive, but when I spend the nights in Anaheim and the hotel is in walking distance I do enjoy having a coupe of drinks in the park. I do not drink to get drunk. I know when to stop.

I don't buy alcohol for the house. You will find lots of diet dr pepper here. I think there may be a 3/4 full bottle of rum or vodka in the cupboard above the fridge, but it has been there for 10 years...

1188 miles from Disneyland. (Seattle, Washington)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    By the way, the idea is not just a place to drink, there are plenty of those in DCA, DtD and the Hotels, it is just the fact that kids are allowed into all those areas, so long as they don't enjoy the adult beverages.

The question is, should Disney make some areas a "Kids Free" zone, since some adults like to take a break from kids, and just sit down and relax.

For example, the Adult Only areas on the Disney Cruise Ships, while most of those areas do offer alcohol, there is no requirement or need to drink to enter and enjoy the areas.
    Either way if they do that, then I think a day care or some sort should definitely be installed as well.

But, I'm really not a supporter. I don't wanna be the one who says, "Walt wouldn't want this." either, but Disneyland really was created for family fun. Instead of an adult area, adults could always just go to the park by themselves.

myspace.com/xrybox

Next trip to Disneyland - August 17, 2007

• =)

I got very worried when I read the title of this thread.

Anyway, I don't think an area like this would be fit for Disneyland itself. DCA...well, there are other things it needs far more desperately, so the point is moot. Downtown Disney would do just fine with one of these, though.

The thing is, you don't want to encourage droves of drunk guests entering the parks. Statistically and historically, they're a lot more likely to do something stupid on or near a ride and get themselves killed.

• Premium Youngling and

I think a place like "Pleasure Island" like in WDW would be great for DtD

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I wouldn't mind having an adult only bar and what not. It would give vacationing parents a chance to unwind and possibly have an hour or two away from the kids.

I wouldn't mind seeing a kids free zone, but it should be outside the parks. If they had a nightclub or adults only bar at DtD or the hotels, that would be fine. Something similar to what WDW does at Pleasure Island with Motion, Mannequins, 8 Trax and I believe the BET club. Then they still allow kids into Adventurer's Club, Comedy Warehouse and Rock N Roll Beach Club, I think. So there's places to go for both families and adults. But I don't think there should be restricted areas inside the parks.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

I don't like seeing kids in bars, no matter where the bar is located. It especially irks me when parents bring their kids to a bar and then, when you happen to be loud and boisterous, as often happens in a bar, the parents give YOU an evil eye, or even ask you to tone it down!

Cove Bar is a bar, and in my eyes, a place for adults. If you go downstairs, there's a kid friendly atmosphere for the taking.

Aside from that, and maybe an adults only night club or Pleasure Island type area, nah. The rest of the parks should be kid friendly.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast