Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Wonderful World

Re: Should Disneyland Resort have an Adult only area?

No way should they have a kids free zone in Disneyland but for DTD and DCA, I dont think it is a bad idea.
    I'm back MiceChat

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Perhaps you, Monorailman, and lazyboy would agree with me that Disney should design an entire new theme park that is strictly folr adults. I just think that a park should be geared one way or the other - and not seqmented.
    I think a park would be too much.

It amazes me how many people are completely flying over the idea of adults at Disneyland without children. Not every adult going to Disneyland has a child that isn't an adult. There are adults who do enjoy Disneyland without ever leaving any children behind.

• Banned User

Nope. DL is for everyone. I do not think there should be adult specific areas. Of course, the bars are for adults...but...the parks themselves should welcome all ages!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

I find it very funny that the people that don't want it conclude that:

"Kids Free" = Drunks

Wow, so having kids must mean that you are......I'm not going to go down that road. As a parent, what is so wrong about wanting some adult time, especially when on vacation. Having a night out while being able to go dancing, enjoying a nice meal and spending some quality time with my wife while Grandma takes the girls to FantasyLand would be a nice treat.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    I don't like seeing kids in bars, no matter where the bar is located. It especially irks me when parents bring their kids to a bar and then, when you happen to be loud and boisterous, as often happens in a bar, the parents give YOU an evil eye, or even ask you to tone it down!
    I wouldn't give you the evil eye, but that is the point in fact. I understand that a bar is a bar (even in DL) and if choose to bring my child in then I get was is expected. That is why I leave that experience behind and move on to something else so my kids don't have to witness adult activity until the are an "Adult."

Oh and Olympicnut, tone it down now!!!!!
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Disneyland Bound

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    Im sorry that happened to you, but alcohol should not be banned from everyone because on some have issues with it. Personally I do not drink a lot. I can't remember when I had my last alcohol beverage. Mostly because I have to drive home and I do not drink and drive, but when I spend the nights in Anaheim and the hotel is in walking distance I do enjoy having a coupe of drinks in the park. I do not drink to get drunk. I know when to stop.

I don't buy alcohol for the house. You will find lots of diet dr pepper here. I think there may be a 3/4 full bottle of rum or vodka in the cupboard above the fridge, but it has been there for 10 years...
    Please don't misunderstand me. I have nothing against alcohol, as I said, I like going out for kids free time too and having a drink now and then. But I do it when I know my kids are safe with a babysitter. I used the example with my dad, because my dad very rarely drank. But he was "on vacation" and got carried away when the opportunity for drinking and gambling was before him. We paid the price with a "family vacation" gone bad. I don't know that Disney/kids free bars are a good mix. I know there are plenty of people who enjoy Disney without kids, as they should. But I don't think that a nightclub/bar atmosphere at Disney is cool. There are other places people can go for that experience- why Disney? To me, it seems like a recipie for trouble.

• my two sunshines

Doesn't WDW in their Downtown Disney have over 21 clubs only? I thought there were at least 2 - or maybe not in DTD but on one of the premisis. From what I understand ESPN Zone is moving - a perfect place don't you think? Maybe have it 21 and over after 9PM - but it would be hard - can you imagine how many kids would try to sneak in? Or how many kids would be running loose cause their parents want to go into an adult club? - maybe in that area it might not work.

• Animatronic

To me, an Adult only area focused on alcohol is total waste. I'd make an adult only area with insanely cool E-Tickets rides.

• Disneyland Bound

Quote Originally Posted by Trac View Post
    - can you imagine how many kids would try to sneak in? Or how many kids would be running loose cause their parents want to go into an adult club? - maybe in that area it might not work.
    That would be my fear. Too many kids left alone in their rooms, or running loose with no supervision while parents sneak off. Or unhappy families because mommy or daddy drank too much and are acting stupid or are grumpy and hungover.

As I said, I'm all for grownup outings or parental getaways, I just don't like the Disney mix with it. Alcohol is already served at the park, so keep the nightclub/adult outings out of the park and concentrate on the kids part of Disney, either enjoying the kids, or being one yourself.

• :)

bring pleasure island to disneyland.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

I was trying to figure out how many bars there area at the Disneyland Resort...

And I am not counting the temporary bars that Disney sets up in Disneyland and DCA for private events, these are all permanent Bars in the DLR, though some are only open during specific times and days. Also not counting places that serve Beer and Wine with food, such as Taste Pilots Grill or Pizza Oom Mow Mow. Basically places that the primary item is Alcohol and Non-Alcoholic drinks.

Disneyland

Club 33

DCA

Cove Bar
    Wine Bar
    Vineyard Room Bar (upstairs)
    Karl Strauss Beer Truck (Pacific Wharf Distribution Company)
    Rita's Baja Blenders

DtD

Naples
    Uva
    Catal (upstairs)
    House of Blues Main Bar (downstairs)
    House of Blues Concert Bar (upstairs)
    Tortilla Jo's Patio Bar
    Tortilla Jo's Balcony Bar (upstairs)
    Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen
    Rainforest Cafe
    ESPN Zone Screening Room Bar
    ESPN Zone NHL 2night Bar
    ESPN Zone Sports Arena Bar (upstairs)

Disney Hotels

Napa Rose Bar (GCH)
    Hearthstone Lounge (GCH)
    Pool Bar (GCH)
    Surfside Lounge (PCH)
    Slurpin' USA (PCH Pool Bar)
    Yamibuki Bar (PCH)
    Lost Bar (DLH)
    The Lounge (DLH)
    Wine Cellar (DLH)
    Pool Bar (DLH)

So that is 5 drinking Holes in DCA, 12 in DtD and 10 in the Disney Hotels.

And out of that, EVERY one of those 27 locations allow kids in the areas.

(Now, parents have the right to avoid all these areas, nobody forces anyone to go to any "drinking hole" area)

But is does show there are a lot of place to get a "drink" at the Disneyland Resort, and how many problems have you heard/read about. I know that one of the biggest problems is selected Concerts at House of Blues, but even those are rare.

I don't think drinking is a problem at the DLR, partly due to the prices charged, people looking to get drunk won't bother driving to the resort and pay all the fees involded (parking, admission fees and other expenses), they would just go to the local bar.

But on the other hand, for folks already at the DLR, whether they are staying at one of the three hotels without kids, or have a babysitter (such as an older teenage or an adult relative). Note: all 3 hotels have convention centers which brings in groups of Adults without kids. And how many AP holders come to the park without children. Heck, look at an average Noon Meet, many of the folsk there are without children in the park.

So, once again, the question is not for a place for folks to get Drunk, as there are plenty of choices already at the DLR.

The question is, should there be a place where Adults, if they so choose, have a place to get away from children for a bit inside of the DLR?

And that could be turning a current location that serves drinks to Adult Only, or making a new venue(s).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    To me, an Adult only area focused on alcohol is total waste. I'd make an adult only area with insanely cool E-Tickets rides.
    And while I love to see specific times where there are no strollers in the park (and kids), how would Disney make money building E-tickets attractions just for Adults, without making a seperate Adult Park to charge admission?

Once again, while an Adult Area doesn't have to be focused on Alcohol, it does have to make a profit, and an easy way to do that is either to charge a cover charge to see entertainment and/or serve food and drinks, and since Alcohol tends to be a higher profit item, more than likely would be served in the area.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• I love my family!

We need a westside Pleasure island.

• Minion

I don't have kids, don't really want any, and I don't drink

An Adult Only night or area of DtD would be awesome. There are plenty of people here that don't have children...

If Disney can create a whole land full of kiddy stuff (i.e. Toontown), and I don't see what the fuss is.

• Disneyland Bound

I still vote no, but I do see the argument for the other side.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast