Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Should Disneyland Resort have an Adult only area?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post
    I don't have kids, don't really want any, and I don't drink

An Adult Only night or area of DtD would be awesome.
    I don't want to drink in Disneyland either, but let's not confine an adult only night only to DtD. I hate that place. It's just another mall. We all go for Disneyland and that's where the adults only night should be.

During special nights in the Summer they should close the park at 7-8PM and open at 9PM to 3-4AM for the 21 and older crowd. Nothing about Disneyland should change. No alcohol, no crappy dance music, just people over 21.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    I don't want to drink in Disneyland either, but let's not confine an adult only night only to DtD. I hate that place. It's just another mall. We all go for Disneyland and that's where the adults only night should be.

During special nights in the Summer they should close the park at 7-8PM and open at 9PM to 3-4AM for the 21 and older crowd. Nothing about Disneyland should change. No alcohol, no crappy dance music, just people over 21.
    OK, let me play Devil's Advocate...

So should this be a Seperate ticketed event, where AP's have to pay (maybe a small discount)?

If so, how often could they do this, have enough CM's to staff the park and sell enough tickets.

We have 7 Grad Nights a year, could they offer a few Adults only nights around the same time frame (such as Wednesday nights), while they have the staffing and late night schedules available?

How many tickets could they sell for around $60 (about the same as a Grad Nite basic ticket), enough for 2 or 3 nights?

If Disney doesn't think they can sell enough tickets for the event, what can they do?

They can make the events shorter, lower the price and add choices, such as serving Alcohol in Disneyland to help pay for the event.

And really, what is the difference between offering the Alcohol in the park on and Adult only night and allowing Adults to go grab a drink at DtD and come back.

As for the Crappy Dance Music, some folks think that the Big Band Swing Dance music is Crappy (And once again, not saying that is me, just some folks).

Why not offer some music, either a live band or a DJ at places like the Tomorrowland Terrace and Carnation Plaza Gardens, where this happens during regular park hours....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• 1375 miles away

Post Re: Should Disneyland Resort have an Adult only area?

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    As a parent, what is so wrong about wanting some adult time, especially when on vacation. Having a night out while being able to go dancing, enjoying a nice meal and spending some quality time with my wife while Grandma takes the girls to FantasyLand would be a nice treat.
    If you are traveling with your kids on a family vacation, isn't the point to spend the time with your family? I would imagine that there are many opportunities to get away from the kids without Disneyland having to be the destination.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    It amazes me how many people are completely flying over the idea of adults at Disneyland without children. Not every adult going to Disneyland has a child that isn't an adult. There are adults who do enjoy Disneyland without ever leaving any children behind.
    Same goes for those traveling without children. With so many places available these days for adults only, why try to alter the family atmosphere of Disneyland?

Quote Originally Posted by lil lisa View Post
    That would be my fear. Too many kids left alone in their rooms, or running loose with no supervision while parents sneak off.
    While I am sure the majority would behave responsibly, there would probably still be those few that abuse the idea and leave their children unsupervised which could be a bad idea in many ways.

IMHO, Disneyland was intended for families and should remain that way.
    Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-13

Our Long Awaited, Long Awaited Trip Report November 2010
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...post1056434199
    Our First Trip to WDW December 2009
    http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...16-2009-a.html
    November 2008 trip report! Updated 1/13/09!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...23-2008-a.html

• Prefect

Blog Entries

I've been saying this forever, so I'll say it again. DtD needs a club! WDW has Pleasure Island, so why not out here?
    <o>

• Disneyland Bound

Exactly, mariezp, exactly.

Have fun on your Sept trip! I'm going in October.

• Closed Account

Talking Re: Should Disneyland Resort have an Adult only area?

I think a nightclub in DTD would be a great idea. Actually, an even better idea would be three nightclubs: one for the over 21 set, one for the 15-21 set, and one for the under 15's. Now I realize a potential problem with this is that you're splitting the family up which is not usually a good idea with anything Disney. But you're not going to get many adults into a nightclub at Disneyland unless you give them somewhere safe and fun to leave their kids. It could also bring some more locals to DTD. Make each themed so that everyone can have an exciting and unique experience. I could see Toy Story for the tweens and kids, a Little Mermaid for the teens, and a Tarzan theme for the adults. Three disitnctly different environments: inside a toy box, under the sea, and deep in the jungle. Ooh, the possibilities

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Marching along we're adventurers
    Singing the song of adventurers
    Up or down; north, south, east or west
    An adventurer's life is best

YES PLEASE!!

I hate seeing kids n bars too. Bars aren't places for kids.
    I'd love an adults only bar or area. In DCA or even DTD.
    A club in DTD would be awesome! I'd love to see it become more like WDWs.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    I was trying to figure out how many bars there area at the Disneyland Resort...

Karl Strauss Beer Truck (Pacific Wharf Distribution Company)
    Rita's Baja Blenders
    Those are not bars, they're just places to buy alcohol. You can pull up a seat at the beer truck.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Why not just have parents actually do their jobs and raise their children to behave themselves in public places?

When I was a little kid, I was offended by adults-only areas on cruise ships and the like because I knew how to be quiet and be respectful of others, so I didn't see a reason I should be penalized for the misbehavior of some people who just happened to be the same age as me.

I think most adults don't mind being around children as long as an establishment is not overrun with them and as long as that establishment tries to create a relatively decorous atmosphere.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    OK, let me play Devil's Advocate...
    Those are all good questions but I think the only way you could find out is experiment and do it. People would have to get past the Disneyland is for kids barrier that seems to permeate throughout the general public but if marketed just right I think it could work.

The point is having a well-behaved night for adults who just want to enjoy the park without children. By not having crappy dance music I mean the techno and hip hop and stuff you hear in lame clubs.

By over-21 I don't meant 21 to 29 year olds. I would hope that people in their 30s, 40s, 50s, and beyond show up too.

• "I Break Things"

I've read a few pages of this. It's interesting.

BEING a PARENT, I am appalled that any other parent would take their child into a bar. If it is a bar/restaurant, then stay on the dining side. If an adult wants to drink, let them, if they drink too much at least the kid's aren't around to be tripped over. Just MO, but I don't want one of my toddlers to become another obstacle to trip over on their way out of the bar. I'm not saying everyone is a stumbling drunk, I know people drink responsibly. I'm saying that in the event someone has had too much they won't injure a kid.

So.... that would be my "adult's only" area... the bars. I also want to point out that DCA was designed specifically for adults and teenagers and look how that turned out. Disney is about families, I'd say put something in the hotel or in DTD but that raises another question. Should kids walking by have to see adults behaving badly? Every club I've been to is just as rowdy in the immediate outside area as it is inside.

Quick thought, not sure what they are doing in the "Garden Walk" but that is well within walking distance and also far enough away from the kids... THAT would be a prime club/bar location. Like an older version of Block at Orange
    Last edited by techskip; 07-07-2007 at 06:13 PM.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

I agree that an adults only area would be nice at DLR (bear in mind I'm 20). I think it's not such a good idea IN the park but totally agree there needs to be a raging nightclub somewhere in DTD!!! I'm going to be 21 for my October trip and would love a place to go that's right there, not to get drunk but to get AWAY from my family. But at the same time there ought to be a club for the 21 and under so they may escape their family too. There also should be a quiet area for adults in DTD.

At the risk of being jumped: I don't think inside the park will make a lot of money and let's face the fact that Disney does like to make money. Most (not all) adults would go to an adults only bar to ESCAPE kids and being in the middle of DL/DCA is not the place to do it. Kids will still be running around outside the windows and their screams of "Mommy, LOOK" will still be heard. Even late at night there's only some mild escape...

Lastly I don't see a problem with kids going to bars as long as the adults at those bars are responsible. Taking them to a seedy little cocktail bar is not a responsible move.
    The more people I meet the more I like animals. -Unknown

• Goofy

only in the downtown disney area which makes more sense there.

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by FantasmicPrincess View Post
    a Tarzan theme for the adults.....Ooh, the possibilities
    Tarzan character greeting....?

• Minion

Maybe Disney just doesn't want the patronage that would be attracted to an Adult's-Only venue and the things that might accompany it.

That's not to say all or most people that would patronize it would produce the problems they would want to avoid, but maybe any is just too much when they don't need it to help the bottom line and it's more likely to cause bad publicity than any trivial gain in revenue.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    I think most adults don't mind being around children as long as an establishment is not overrun with them and as long as that establishment tries to create a relatively decorous atmosphere.
    It's not the kids, though. It's the need for grownups to be able to go to a bar and not have to walk on pins and needles because little ears might be listening and/or watching. For most of us, it's not a matter of kids running around, but for the opportunity to let down our guard. Even parents need a break from modeling proper behavior in front of their kids all the time!
    A signature should go here.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast