Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Should Disneyland Resort have an Adult only area?

So, there is no real area that the DLR has that doesn't allow kids, most kids are allowed into the bar areas (so long as they sit at a table instead of the actual bar).

About the only area that I know of that is sometimes age restrictive is the House of Blues concert area, depending on the concert.

So, should there be a "Kids Free" area(s), and if so, where would you put it?

An area in DCA?

DtD?

And/or the hotels?
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Re: Should Disneyland Resort have an Adult only area?

No. Disneyland was made for all ages. I'm not going to start up on the whole, "This is what Walt wouldn't want," thing, but I do have a hunch he wouldn't like keeping kids out of an area that could better suited for the whole family.

...Joe...

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    No. Disneyland was made for all ages.
    And therein lies the issue. Sure, Disneyland can be for all ages, that's fine and dandy. However, I'd love to see a dance club, or something more adult friendly in DTD or DCA.

There's that whole San Fransisco area that screams for something along those lines.
    -Monorail Man

• Disneyland Fan

Disneyland is a family destination. Why create a place where the entire family cannot enjoy it together? That goes against the whole point behind the creation of Disneyland.
    Brian9549

Relive fond Memories of The Country Bears
    The Country Bear Vacation Hoedown!
    The Country Bear Jamboree
    The Country Bear Christmas Show

Come see my other vids on google and youtube, just search for brian9549 or click here or here or here

• potterday.org

An "adults only" Dland area?

Huh.

I hope Belle and Snow White will be there.

But seriously - this is not a financially worthwhile idea for the company. The real dough is in family entertainment. Where there are kids there is money being spent.
    Zoe Necrosis
    Chancellor, Yensid's School of Sorcery and Necromancy

Potter Day Lite: Spring 2013!

http://potterday.org

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    And therein lies the issue. Sure, Disneyland can be for all ages, that's fine and dandy. However, I'd love to see a dance club, or something more adult friendly in DTD or DCA.

There's that whole San Fransisco area that screams for something along those lines.
    I agree with you that it could work in Downtown Disney. But not in Disneyland or Disney's California Adventure. If I wanted to go to a bar I wouldn't be going to Disneyland.

I'm sorry, but I've just never gotten the mentality of some on this board about going to DCA to go to a bar. For me that just defeats the whole purpose of Disney. Actually, I'm not too fond of DCA selling alcohol to begin with. It probably stems from the alcoholism that runs in my family, or at least part of it. But still, I just don't believe that "Disney" and "alcohol" belong in the same sentance or park.

...Joe...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

I personally like the idea of a kids free zone. Maybe something at DTD. The Disney Cruises have adults only areas so why not.

• Can Only Wish For More!

DCA after 10pm!
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

Disneyland has already discriminated to adults in the past... Goofy's Bounce house and other rides that had Under-Height Requirements. I am all for a Pleasureisland type place in Downtime disney... It would be nice to have a safe disney place where adults can have fun on vacations where they may have left the kids at home, or dont have kids yet.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Marching along we're adventurers
    Singing the song of adventurers
    Up or down; north, south, east or west
    An adventurer's life is best

1188 miles from Disneyland. (Seattle, Washington)

Not in the parks, but maybe in DtD. I don't like the idea, but if there were to be one, I'd hope in DtD, because the parks should be shared together. And just think of all the parents that'd tell their kids, "Wait here, I'm gonna go get something to drink."

myspace.com/xrybox

Next trip to Disneyland - August 17, 2007

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post

Gosh. DLR could benefit from more than one dance club. I agree with JosephTNelson that we shouldn't segment an entire land for adults only in a park that has already been established for families. Beasides, Club 33 and certain areas in DCA serve alcohol. Although those that are underage are not allowed to drink, they are certainly not banned from these areas.

Perhaps you, Monorailman, and lazyboy would agree with me that Disney should design an entire new theme park that is strictly folr adults. I just think that a park should be geared one way or the other - and not seqmented.

Also, JTN brought up a good point that Downtown Disney would be the perfect place for an nadult dance club. As DLR expands, it would be awesome if we were to get our own Paridise Island type nightclub complex. Something like this could even be built at the Anaheim Garden Walk Mall -should it be built and proven a success.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

I'm sorry, but I've just never gotten the mentality of some on this board about going to DCA to go to a bar. For me that just defeats the whole purpose of Disney. Actually, I'm not too fond of DCA selling alcohol to begin with. It probably stems from the alcoholism that runs in my family, or at least part of it. But still, I just don't believe that "Disney" and "alcohol" belong in the same sentance or park.
    Well, Walt Disney built Holidayland that opened in 1957 about where the Haunted Mansion is today. It offered all you could drink beer for a price, along with a large picnic area for the kids.

So Walt really didn't have a problem with selling alcohol, he just decided for image reasons to keep it out of the Main Park area.

And notice that in my original post, I stated DCA, DtD and the Hotels as locations for an Adult only venue.

Part of me would think that a few select locations inside Disneyland could offer Alcohol, such as the Golden Horseshoe and the upstairs area of the Starcade, with the policy of not allowing it outside the marked area, along with the sit down restaurants, such as the Blue Bayou.

There have been no real problems at the parks, including DCA, private parties serving alcohol while Disneyland is still open to the public, such as events in the Big Thunder Ranch area.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Marching along we're adventurers
    Singing the song of adventurers
    Up or down; north, south, east or west
    An adventurer's life is best

To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I'm sorry, but I've just never gotten the mentality of some on this board about going to DCA to go to a bar. For me that just defeats the whole purpose of Disney. Actually, I'm not too fond of DCA selling alcohol to begin with.
    ...Joe...
    I am suspending my promise to be nice to that poor little park just long enough to say...they had to come up with some way to the place look better for guests..
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast