• Must Ride Space Mountain

Blog Entries

How Much do you Love the Park

We all, hopefully love the parks otherwise we would not be chating so much on this website. I remember personally when the AP went from 499 for two parks to 199 but the prices have been slowly going up. I also remember when it cost $99 for PP and 119 for DH. Personally I will always try to save and make sure my family and I are PAP but this year was tough and we had to get SC AP for now and upgrade later. My brother and his wife are coming out from Alabama to renew their pass. Yes they live in Alabama and they both have DAP.

The prices seem to go up every year. Honestly how much would be too much. For me I'll get a second and a third job. I'm sorry I love the place.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by alldaymd; 07-07-2007 at 09:15 PM. Reason: wrong wording
    I know you, I walked with you once apon a dream. See ya at the park! BFA. (Black Family Alert).

• Defying gravity

Re: How Much do you Love the Park

Quote Originally Posted by alldaymd View Post
    I remember personally when the AP went from 499 for two parks to 199 but the prices have been slowly going up. I also remember when it cost $99 for PP and 119 for DH.
    Sorry, I'm a bit confused. The price went from $499 to $199?

PP = Premium Pass?

DH = Disney Hubby or Deluxe...something?

• Defying gravity

But yeah, I love the parks. My parents and I had PAPs for two years. This year, we downgraded to DAPs. Of course, I'm also not the one paying for them!

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: How Much do you Love the Park

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    Sorry, I'm a bit confused. The price went from $499 to $199?

PP = Premium Pass?

DH = Disney Hubby or Deluxe...something?

Sorry . Back in 2001 the prices for the two parks were 499 then something happended (911) and the prices dropped. Everything dropped. My family grabbed their tickets quick and have tried to keep them. Thanks for asking.

DH = Disneyland Hotel. and Yes Premium Pass. Sorry.
    Last edited by alldaymd; 07-07-2007 at 09:19 PM. Reason: clarify
    I know you, I walked with you once apon a dream. See ya at the park! BFA. (Black Family Alert).

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by alldaymd View Post
    Sorry . Back in 2001 the prices for the two parks were 499 then something happended (911) and the prices dropped. Everything dropped. My family grabbed their tickets quick and have tried to keep them. Thanks for asking.

DH = Disneyland Hotel. and Yes Premium Pass. Sorry.
    (FYI, DLH is usually used as the acronym for the Disneyland Hotel.)

Wow, that's quite a drop. Sounds like you got lucky. I remember when a 5-day pass to DL was about the cost of a 1-day pass now. This was back in the late 90s. How times have changed....

• Banned User

I don't "love" any Disney park. It's not a person and nor something I feel love for. I can't love a corporate entity. It's just a place that stimulates the imagination is a relaxing place to hang out.

Blog Entries

Thanks everyone. I'm still new at these acrynms.

As far as the prices go. Unfortunatly I took advantage of the time. Back then people were scared to go to all the parks. Back then you could get into Universal studio's for 35 bucks 50 bucks for the annual pass. Our family had annual passes for everything including the La Zoo. One thing we kept was the Disneyland Pass. After we bought our house this year we could not afford the PP but we settled for the SCP.

I love when we go. I love the feeling we get when we are in the area. I actually love Newport Beach a little more then the actual parks. I guess it's just therapy for me. I work in special education and I have a special ed son. I need a place to forget "today and enter a world of fantasy, tomorrow and adventure." Ya know what I mean?

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

I hate Disneyland.

• Space Mountain Expert

Quote Originally Posted by splashmountainfreak View Post
    I hate Disneyland.
    LOL... says the person with almost 7,000 posts in this chatroom.
    I only hope we never lose sight of one thing... that it was all started by a mouse!

the world of disneyking

• Space Mountain Expert

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    I don't "love" any Disney park. It's not a person and nor something I feel love for. I can't love a corporate entity. It's just a place that stimulates the imagination is a relaxing place to hang out.
    How sad that you feel that way. I LOVE Disneyland more than I love most people I know!
    I only hope we never lose sight of one thing... that it was all started by a mouse!

the world of disneyking

• Silent Lucidity

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    That is sad! All you see is corporate entity when you walk up Main Street and pass by the Partners Statue? You have your imagination stimulated. You enjoy the the park, you hang out and relax there, but have contempt for the corporation?

There is always a flaw or fault, you just have to be on the look-out for them...