View Poll Results: Should Autopia stay or go?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Autopia should stay forever

67 58.77%
  • Autopia should go to add a new or expand an existing land

47 41.23%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• MA Reader Since 2003

Autopia, Should it stay or go?

I never realized how much space Autopia takes up. They could easily create a whole new land here if they wanted to. Would you give Autopia the axe for a whole new land?

Last edited by Diznyfan; 07-07-2007 at 11:47 PM.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
    -Albert Einstein

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Autopoa, Should it stay or go?

I wouldn't tear out Autopia entirely, but I would like to see the land used more multipurposely...like, have the cars go on more overpasses and through more tunnels, and then possibly open up the new land for another attraction.
    Last edited by MissChristine; 07-08-2007 at 01:05 AM.

• Defying gravity

The size of Autopia? Seems like a pretty small land to me.... I agree with MissChristine that it's a nice ride that just needs a bit of a facelift. After all, it's the only original 1955 Tomorrowland attraction. What visionaries the designers were! In 1986, people would be driving cars!

• MA Reader Since 2003

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    The size of Autopia? Seems like a pretty small land to me.... I agree with MissChristine that it's a nice ride that just needs a bit of a facelift. After all, it's the only original 1955 Tomorrowland attraction. What visionaries the designers were! In 1986, people would be driving cars!
    I dont know, look at the picture you could easily fit Fantasyland (excluding Small World) in Autopia's footprint. It would be way bigger than Critter Country.

-Albert Einstein

• Senior Minion

Since the Submarines have been switched to Electric and it is advertised as saving the earth or conserving, Disney could change (later on) the Autopia vehicles to some sort of Hybrid or fully equipped electric car since we now live in time where Hybrid cars are fast becoming useful and helpful to the consumer.( I know this idea or plan has already been mentioned.)

Just one more way to bring this attraction up-to-date instead of tearing it out.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• When Will It Return?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    Well, it was really meant to be more of a 'perfect freeway' where humans of any age could use it. Certainly in the 50s, as it is today, that's something we can only hope will exist someday.

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Disgruntled Former CM

Re: Autopia, Should it stay or go?

Autopia takes up as much room as the Jungle Cruise or most of Fantasyland... but remember, it sits on top of most of the Submarine Voyage ride building...

I would like to see either:
    (a) a reconfigured Autopia that would incorporate another ride into the same area; and either update the ride for Tomorrowland (electric cars, modern track, Meet-the-Robinsons-outlandishly Futuristic theming), or re-theme the ride for Fantasyland ("CARS", Radiator Springs, etc - or a Mr. Toad-type car ride through Disney feature films: "101 Dalmations", "Lady and the Tramp", etc.). Either way, the ride could benefit from some updated production values, new technology, and a ride building to get the feeling of driving up / over / through / around, rather than on a relatively flat space...
    (b) eliminate the Autopia from Disneyland all together, and move it to DCA with a "Cars" / Radiator Springs theme; use the new acreage to open up both Fantasyland AND Tomorrowland with some much needed new attractions for both; the much anticipated "Little Mermaid" dark ride on the Fantasyland side (it would look great running from the old Motor Boat lagoon all the way down to the edge of the Submaring lagoon), and an new attraction for Tomorrowland to greet the guests as they come off of the Disneyland RR

• MA Reader Since 2003

new technology, and a ride building to get the feeling of driving up / over / through / around, rather than on a relatively flat space...
    That is a great idea a ride building could make all the difference, it would be kind of cool to have a dark ride that you actually drove yourself through.

-Albert Einstein

1188 miles from Disneyland. (Seattle, Washington)

I think it'd be more fun if the cars went faster, that's my only complaint.

myspace.com/xrybox

Next trip to Disneyland - August 17, 2007

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MissChristine View Post
    I wouldn't tear our Autopia entirely, but I would like to see the land used more multipurposely...like, have the cars go on more overpasses and through more tunnels, and then possibly open up the new land for another attraction.
    It already is multi-purposed

Nemo is under it. Monorail is over it.

Want something sharing it's 5-th dimensional extension ?

• Iron-Clad Allie

Disneyland is expanding anyway - as a park and as a resort. New land will be added to Adventureland sometime between the end of this decade and the beginning of the next. They could expand the on-stage land mass of Tomorrowland if they wanted to. Plus the resort will bring us all kinds of new rides and shows.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-08-2007 at 01:27 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Not much can be done with Autopia real estate. It sits on top of the Submarine Voyage show building, so re-using that space would be tricky work.

What should be done, in my opinon, is completely re-doing the Autopia - a new track layout, new electric cars using the "trackless" ride system used in Tokyo's Winnie the Pooh attraction, and an interactive feature with a radio or something on the cars. "Spacey," out-of-this-world landscsaping like the kind seen in Hong Kong Disneyland would be a nice touch, as well.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Goofy

No it shouldn't go anywhere. Its a classic attraction to go to and its one of my favorites. It would make us sad to see it go.

• Banned User

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It is a waste of space and not even futuristic. That space could be better served as a massive e ticket dark ride.

• Goofy

But its still a casual favorite. And Ice cream cake.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast