Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Tomorrowland Terrace should play area specific music, NOT Avril Lavigne

well i for one like hearing pop music while i wait

• Closed Account

I actually never minded the pop music, but now that I think of it, it doesn't fit in very well thematically.

Once again, Tomorrowland could stay true to its theme by actually being innovative in the entertainment it provides. I would love to see some new instruments of the future being played, or maybe a robot band. Think Country Bear Jamboree but without fur sewed on top.

peopel need to think form both sides yes some people like it and some dont maby they sould add some other music and not just pop for those who like it

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I've been there when there's a band playing, and quite frankly, if they do nothing else: turn the volume DOWN!! I was buying a drink at the terrace one night, and the band was so loud it HURT. I'm not kidding. There was some serious discomfort, esp. that close to the stage. Maybe not everyone in Tomorrowland wants to hear this crap... er, uh... "music". Keep the music contained to the terrace and I'll be happy, whatever else might result from any action from the park.

I do think they should play more area specific music, though. I know they've had cover bands and popular artists through the years, but why does it have to be teenage angst music? Play something everyone can enjoy, like jazz, in one form or another (just not that crud my parents, and the rest of their generation, try to pass off as jazz. 'smooth jazz' my fanny )

• diabetic

when suburban legends plays at the tomorrowland terrace it's pretty neat! they have a ska version of under the sea and it's a pretty sweet cover.

they don't always play teen angst music

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    I've been there when there's a band playing, and quite frankly, if they do nothing else: turn the volume DOWN!! I was buying a drink at the terrace one night, and the band was so loud it HURT. I'm not kidding. There was some serious discomfort, esp. that close to the stage. Maybe not everyone in Tomorrowland wants to hear this crap... er, uh... "music". Keep the music contained to the terrace and I'll be happy, whatever else might result from any action from the park.

I do think they should play more area specific music, though. I know they've had cover bands and popular artists through the years, but why does it have to be teenage angst music? Play something everyone can enjoy, like jazz, in one form or another (just not that crud my parents, and the rest of their generation, try to pass off as jazz. 'smooth jazz' my fanny )
    Jazz is generally reserved for the Plaza Gardens on Main Street.
    Pain is temporary, Film is forever!

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    I've been there when there's a band playing, and quite frankly, if they do nothing else: turn the volume DOWN!!
    same thoughts here... it's like at Jungle, loud isn't necessarily any better... in most cases it makes bad material worse.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    same thoughts here... it's like at Jungle, loud isn't necessarily any better... in most cases it makes bad material worse.
    true

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    Anything is better than the pop trash they play now.

What do you think?
    I remember someone saying that the music they heard was only a bunch of noise and it was not real music, and it was a bunch of trash, this person would go on and on how bad it was and how the youth had no respect because they listened to this type of music.

Well guess what it was my dad who said this in 1964, and the beatles really did know how to play music. My point is just because you don't like new music really does not make it bad.

they said the same think about Frank Sinarta, when he was a teen idol.
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

• Minion

Tomorrowland has always had pop music. Walt Disney himself put Annette there in 1962 singing cheesy pop songs with Dion or Fabian or some guy who was on Wonderful World Of Color. And Walt designed the fabulous stage of Tomorrowland Terrace to showcase rock bands of the go-go 1960's era.

Personally, I think they should bring back the Kids Of The Kingdom to perform on that stage in matching sweater sets singing This Land Is Your Land. Now that's entertainment!

When Walt ran the park he even let contemporary pop music infiltrate other lands. Louis Armstrong performing 20th century jazz in a mod sharkskin suit on the decks of the 1860's Mark Twain. The Elliot Brothers and the Disneyland Date Niters performing rock n' roll and 1950's pop ballads from the stage of the Plaza Gardens between 1905 Main Street and fairytale Fantasyland.

Walt Disney let modern music into many of his lands if it kept his guests entertained. The place wasn't supposed to be The Smithsonian, it's an amusement park. And a darn good one at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    Tomorrowland has always had pop music. Walt Disney himself put Annette there in 1962 singing cheesy pop songs with Dion or Fabian or some guy who was on Wonderful World Of Color. And Walt designed the fabulous stage of Tomorrowland Terrace to showcase rock bands of the go-go 1960's era.

Personally, I think they should bring back the Kids Of The Kingdom to perform on that stage in matching sweater sets singing This Land Is Your Land. Now that's entertainment!

When Walt ran the park he even let contemporary pop music infiltrate other lands. Louis Armstrong performing 20th century jazz in a mod sharkskin suit on the decks of the 1860's Mark Twain. The Elliot Brothers and the Disneyland Date Niters performing rock n' roll and 1950's pop ballads from the stage of the Plaza Gardens between 1905 Main Street and fairytale Fantasyland.

Walt Disney let modern music into many of his lands if it kept his guests entertained. The place wasn't supposed to be The Smithsonian, it's an amusement park. And a darn good one at that.
    i didnt know that thank you for the info

• Minion

i dont have a problem with it.

a futuristic country bears would be cool though lol

Smile Re: Tomorrowland Terrace should play area specific music, NOT Avril Lavigne

When it comes to music, I notice people only complain about it if they don't like the type of music playing. It's a very hypocritical view but most guests do it. "You should like what I like!"

It's extremely hard to please everyone.

I think the Tomorrowland area is fine... it's always come across to me as an "alive" area with lots of sound/light atmosphere rather than some of the quiet more relaxed locations in the park. If you don't like Tomorrowland, there's A LOT of other almost silent or low playing music areas of the park you could sit, eat, relax in. The volume is a little loud at times, yes, lol- I have heard the guests and cashiers at the food stands having to YELL to hear each other.

Someone else mentioned the band Suburban Legends- They are great! (IMO) A very fun and high energy band that really get everyone moving in the area. They seem like a good match for guests of all ages to have fun and dance with.
    Quote Originally Posted by patattack View Post
    a futuristic country bears would be cool though lol
    LOL! What a funny image in my mind after I read that!
    -Wes

Quote Originally Posted by General You View Post
    They should import the soundtrack from Tokyo Tomorrowland - total Esquevil Moogfest - it's a cool retro-future that would fit in with all the Shag elements finding their way into the park.
    God I LOVE the area soundtrack to Tokyo Disneyland's tomorrowland! It sounds like the french band "Air" actually.... (I think there might actually be some actual Air songs worked in there at points) .... and it works so well in setting the mood. Of course, Tokyo Disneyland's "World on the Move"-era white clinical stylizing goes a long way too!

• -

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicAge View Post
    Jazz is generally reserved for the Plaza Gardens on Main Street.
    Jazz is such a broad and diverse term. I could never envision modern Jazz rap or techno jazz artist at Plaza Gardens. But I definitely could imagine it at Tomorrowland Terrace.

Jazz is such a general a term and is often the source of confusion. I think you're referring to old jazz from the 1890s Dixieland, 1930s Kansas City and Swing, to 1940s Bebop. Yes, that would fit best at Plaza Gardens.

To specifically address the topic, I get really tired of the same old pop songs from years ago still being played. Play new songs or even (gasp!) original songs. I think that's why people like Suburban Legends (I think they're so-so) but people want something new and different from what's outside the berm.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast