Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Re: Tomorrowland Terrace should play area specific music, NOT Avril Lavigne

Yea, I agree -- isn't Disneyland supposed to be all about escapism? Forgetting the real world?
    Ryborg

• Stay Positive

Teenagers go to the tomorrowland terrace?
    There are never teenagers there, its always little kids who dance and parents take pictures, the only time you see teenagers there is as a joke or if they know the people who are playing
    "Is a man who chooses to be bad better than a man who has the good imposed on him?"
    - Anthony Burgess
    "I think what I want Disneyland to be most of all is a happy place–a place where adults and children can experience together some of the wonders of life, of adventure, and feel better because of it."
    - Walt Disney on Disneyland

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I agree, this music is more for DTD.. Although I do enjoy Suburban Legends
    Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    Yea, I agree -- isn't Disneyland supposed to be all about escapism? Forgetting the real world?
    Hi boys! The ability to induse audiences to "forget the real world" is what contemporay pop artists have long been about - since day one. Buddy Holly, Elvis, the Beatles, the Beach Boys, the Supremes, the Rolling Stones, Devo, TLC, Aerosmith, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Cheetah Girls, Suburban Legends, No Doubt, Snoop Dogg, Lil Kim, Will Smith, Arrested Development.

Zeus and ryborg, you two need to escape the views of people such as pragmaticidealist, who express a desire for us all to live in embrace a self-centered limited reality. Instead, release your inhibitions into a world of unbridled joy, and unabridged fantasy.

You could stand to benefit from listening to the profound wisdom contained in the contemporary song, Unwritten Lyrics (Natasha Bedingfield).

http://www.metrolyrics.com/lyrics/21...ield/Unwritten

I am unwritten, can;t read my mind, I'm undefined
    I'm just beginning, the pen's in my hand, ending unplanned

Staring at the blank page befor you
    Open up the dirty window
    Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find

Reaching for the distance
    So close you can almost taste it
    Release your inhibitions
    Feel the rain on your skin
    No one else can feel it for you
    Only you can let it in
    No one else, no one else

Can speak the words on your lips
    Drench yourself in words unspoken
    Live your life with arms wide open
    Today is where your book begins
    The rest is still unwritten.

Oh, oh, oh

Again, the contemporary expression of pop music exudes fantasy - as does Tomorrowland. area specific mix can certainly be added into the mix - but should not slam the door shut and close minds as to contemporary music. It all belongs in the world that lies ahead. Never withdraw. Forever reach out.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-10-2007 at 11:26 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    They have pop bands there and such, and that's cool...but I think the music that is played while there is 'no band' on stage should be 'themed' appropriately.

I heard some old B-52's stuffed piped in there a few times....and it seemed quite appropriately themed. It was "25 Miles West of Venus" - and since Tomorrowland is 'space themed' it seemed appropriate.

But piping in music like Avril Lavigne and such, it just doesn't seem themed correctly.
    The BGM at that Restaurant changed over to the new Radio Disney CD when Jedi Academy started. Before the BGM had some classics like the Byrds playing- before that it played the regular TL BGM.

I think what they're trying to do is make use of the Dancefloor when a band isn't up. I'm thinking of the CPG Stage and how it just seems so dead when there's no band there- I don't feel the same way when I shortcut the location at Tomorrowland Terrace. Often I see youths mouthing the words to the songs playing in BG.

However, I did not disagree with your comment on the mis-theme- just expanded upon the topic.
    Last edited by youcancallmechris; 07-11-2007 at 12:02 AM. Reason: SC

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    The crowds love the Avril Lavign, Chili Peppers, No Doubt, and other cutting edge performers. The Fab Four tributory group to the Beatles has also proven their ability to entertain throngs of people. Most Disney show tunes are futuristic either - althogh I'd like to hear more of them in Tomorrowland.

"Music that actually comes from the future" is an impossibility. Somebody would have to defy the laws of science and travel into the future in order to bring it back. Plus, the music would be bootleged here in our time period - because the composers would not exist yet and couldn't receive any royalties.

Michael Jackson's Captain EO somgs were pop, pure and simple. They were written by contract for Disneyland, and were not aired in broadcasting market. Just the same, there was nothing futuristic about the music, other than the space age costumes that were worn while performing them. I did love the show. However, the only thing that is removed from reality is Wacko Jacko.
    Hate to be the music nerd, but.....ugh.... can't resist......
    Yes Michael Jackson wrote the song "We Are Here To Change The World" exclusively for Captain EO. Until the release of a huge 4 CD box set of Jackson's music around 3 years ago, that song was *NEVER* available on CD. I have a softness for it... as it isglorious pop nonsense that is dripping with nostalgia from my youth. (And what's with those electric poppy baselines Jackson used during this era? LOL... it's 80s incarnate)

However, the song "Another Part of Me" was written for (and released on) the "Bad" album. They chopped it up a bit to fit into the short, but watching a copy of the film's bootleg, it's the same master as "Bad".

Still, pretty huge to consider that an artist as big as Jackson was at the time would record an EXCLUSIVE song for Disney. Times have changed...

• Banned User

Money talks, you-know-what walks.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456