Confused on Time

I am going to DLR on wednesday july 11th. This is my time to have one-on-one brother time with my younger sibling before i leave to New York for college. We both love Disneyland, its very close to our hearts. Now we are going to get there very early and wait in front of the gates before they open. Will that be the right time to go to Finding Nemo when they open and beat all the crowds later in the day?

Re: Confused on Time

What time do you plan on waiting in front of the gates?
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Going on first thing in the morning is a good idea, of course. You could also try visting during a parade. Lines for "kid rides" usually dwindle around that time. However, in my opinion, the morning would probably be your best bet!
    "All of our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."

-Walt Disney

I live 45 min. away and i plan on leaving at 5:45 am and probably get there 6:30-6:45

Unless you have Early Entry, I wouldn't recommend getting there that early due to Early Entry which probably starts at, what, 7 AM?
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ttztotdca50 View Post
    Unless you have Early Entry, I wouldn't recommend getting there that early due to Early Entry which probably starts at, what, 7 AM?
    Early Entry is on Mon, Tues, Thurs, Sat. He should be good on a Wed.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

thanks you guys very much for the help. i appreciate all of it. i want this day to be a great day for my brother before I leave. thank you agian.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t
    If you see a cute yellow (not in avatar) lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, July 15-20.
    Ah. Thank you!

• I meant to do that.

What time does the Downtown Disney monorail get rolling in the morning? That would drop you off right next to the Nemo queue.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Rex View Post
    What time does the Downtown Disney monorail get rolling in the morning? That would drop you off right next to the Nemo queue.
    Generally, the first train leaves early and holds the passengers at the Tomorrowland station until the park opens. However, the first trains of the morning are for hotel guests only.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

I'm going with lazy people that can't be bothered to wake-up before 10. Is it also a good idea to go one hour or half an hour before closing time on a Saturday?

• Destroyer of Mallcore

Quote Originally Posted by planetbogg View Post
    I'm going with lazy people that can't be bothered to wake-up before 10. Is it also a good idea to go one hour or half an hour before closing time on a Saturday?

I think that more people leave around that time then the actual closing time but that's just because people think alike. I'd actually stay an extra hour after closing (by going on nemo) and the crowd will not be bad at all.

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

• Just splashing around...

I would recommend making Nemo your last attraction of the day. Get in line around 11:45 pm (just to make sure you aren't denied entrance at midnight), and that way you aren't wasting any actual park time - you just get the bonus of being able to stay in the park late, so it's like a "free" ride. And you will get to spend the valuable early morning hours doing other popular attractions while the crowds are still light. A few weeks ago I got in line for Nemo at 11:30 pm, and it was only a 40 minute wait (even though I was told an hour at the entrance). Most people here have reported that rope-drop is a pretty bad time to go, and it seems to me it would just be stressful cause everyone else there at that time is trying to be first in line too. So just relax, enjoy your morning, and save Nemo for last. That's my two cents, anyway.

• Just splashing around...

LOL - I just noticed your trip has already passed! Oh well! Hope you had a great time with your brother!