View Poll Results: Which would you like to see?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Re-theme it and keep it Amusement

    37 57.81%
  • Turn on the water

    3 4.69%
  • Just fix it, don't really care how.

    24 37.50%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 51
  1. #31

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,383

    Re: Disney California ADV or Disney Waterpark Adv which should it be?

    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    The poll question assumes that everyone thinks DCA is a mess or is unliked in its current state. I am a proud DCA fan who also believes that it could only get better with some love (a.k.a. significant monetary investment).

    I don't see DCA is 'broken' so there really isn't an option for those of us who don't see it as this catastrophe that some make it out to be.
    You tell' 'em, KISSman!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  2. #32

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,208

    Re: Disney California ADV or Disney Waterpark Adv which should it be?

    Hasnt Disney learned that whenever that put "Adventure" in the title, it will ultimatly suck....


  3. #33

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,383

    Re: Disney California ADV or Disney Waterpark Adv which should it be?

    Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    Hasnt Disney learned that whenever that put "Adventure" in the title, it will ultimatly suck....
    How about Suckventure? Like, Suckventureland - the Indiana Jones Suckventure - and The Many Suckventures of Winnie the Pooh.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  4. #34

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,208

    Re: Disney California ADV or Disney Waterpark Adv which should it be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    How about Suckventure? Like, Suckventureland - the Indiana Jones Suckventure - and The Many Suckventures of Winnie the Pooh.
    Oh, I forgot about Indiana Jones Adventure.


  5. #35

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    corona
    Posts
    1,938

    Re: Disney California ADV or Disney Waterpark Adv which should it be?

    but indiana jones is in adventureland so its ok.

  6. #36

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    corona
    Posts
    1,938

    Re: Disney California ADV or Disney Waterpark Adv which should it be?

    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    The poll question assumes that everyone thinks DCA is a mess or is unliked in its current state. I am a proud DCA fan who also believes that it could only get better with some love (a.k.a. significant monetary investment).

    I don't see DCA as 'broken' so there really isn't an option for those of us who don't see it as this catastrophe that some make it out to be.
    i dont hate or unlike DCA i dont think anyone really hates it i mean theres definitly some theming issues and theres no size scale (HTH is taller than grizzly mountain) but its a fun 3-4 hour park, i cant wait for all the new improvements, maybe one day it will be equivelent to disney seas...???

  7. #37

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,208

    Re: Disney California ADV or Disney Waterpark Adv which should it be?

    Nah Adventureland has its problems. Like it's "size" problems. Heh.


    Quote Originally Posted by patattack View Post
    maybe one day it will be equivelent to disney seas...???
    Maybe...


  8. #38

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    corona
    Posts
    1,938

    Re: Disney California ADV or Disney Waterpark Adv which should it be?

    stresss on maybe i know i would like it to be just as good if not better as disney seas thats for sure

  9. #39

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,208

    Re: Disney California ADV or Disney Waterpark Adv which should it be?

    Well, Disney Seas has somthing DCA doesnt. And thats Size..... And Money..... And Creativity...... And no Pixar....... and an awesome night time watershow spectacular...... And an amazing theme... DCA just needs to work on those aspects and it can be as good as TDS.


  10. #40

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,383

    Re: Disney California ADV or Disney Waterpark Adv which should it be?

    Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    Oh, I forgot about Indiana Jones Adventure.
    Oh, my. Then, it sounds like you have had a change of heart. After all, it was Walt Disney himself that coined the name "Adventureland" and used it in the park that springboarded the most successful theme park business in history.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  11. #41

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,208

    Re: Disney California ADV or Disney Waterpark Adv which should it be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Oh, my. Then, it sounds like you have had a change of heart. After all, it was Walt Disney himself that coined the name "Adventureland" and used it in the park that springboarded the most successful theme park business in history.
    Yeah but would you conciter Adventureland the most successful land at Disneyland? I sure wouldnt.


  12. #42

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,383

    Re: Disney California ADV or Disney Waterpark Adv which should it be?

    Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    Yeah but would you conciter Adventureland the most successful land at Disneyland? I sure wouldnt.
    It's a necessary component of the wheel. What would happen if you removed your least favorite part of one of the wheels on your car? The wheel would collapse, and your car would grind to a screaching halt into the pavement.

    During the first two or three decades, Adventureland had more attractions and was a giganormous hit. Plenty of people today love Adventureland just as much if not more so than other lands. So, your opinion is just that - an opinion. Plus, Disney is going to start expanding Adventureland during the next few years - in terms of rides and land mass.

    The company will also utilize the area where the pack mules and mine train used to travel. Disney has always proven itself relevant in the face of criticism.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-08-2007 at 11:52 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  13. #43

    • MA Reader Since 2003
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    559

    Re: Disney California ADV or Disney Waterpark Adv which should it be?

    The fact that some of you like DCA "just the way it is", does not mean it isnt a failed park. Obviously it has major problems and Disney sounds like they are ready to fix them. The numbers that should be there for a park right across from Disneyland are not there, it is a failure. I loved Disney Quest that doesnt make it fine and dandy.
    Last edited by Diznyfan; 07-09-2007 at 12:01 AM.

    "Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
    -Albert Einstein

  14. #44

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,383

    Re: Disney California ADV or Disney Waterpark Adv which should it be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Diznyfan View Post
    The fact that some of you like DCA "just the way it is", does not mean it isnt a failed park. Obviously it has major problems and Disney sounds like they are ready to fix them. The numbers that should be there for a park right across from Disneyland are not there, it is a failure. I loved Disney Quest that doesnt make it fine and dandy.
    Conversly, just because a person has some good things to say about DCA doesn't mean that they consider it a success story either. DCA can best be described as a themeless theme park in translition. It is in limbo - the Teilight Zone - the netherworld between success and failure. It's size and low number of quality attractions make it half a park.

    Still, it registers on the list of the top 25 theme parks on the planet, in terms of attendance based popularity. Disneyland is number two, and so far above DCA that it isn't funny. Disney will be infusing a ton of cash and creativity into changing the face of the gate throughout the remainder of the decade. Plus, it will formulate highly immerseve themed lands - just as it is doing at Disney-MGM Studios.

    I refuse to argue in favor of tossing DCA into the trash, or in favor of it stagnating the way that it is. I respect the ideas of everybody that is seriously trying to contribute on this board. We can either agree to disagree - or, heaven forbid, we can sometimes compromise.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  15. #45

    • MA Reader Since 2003
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    559

    Re: Disney California ADV or Disney Waterpark Adv which should it be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Conversly, just because a person has some good things to say about DCA doesn't mean that they consider it a success story either. DCA can best be described as a themeless theme park in translition. It is in limbo - the Teilight Zone - the netherworld between success and failure. It's size and low number of quality attractions make it half a park.

    Still, it registers on the list of the top 25 theme parks on the planet, in terms of attendance based popularity. Disneyland is number two, and so far above DCA that it isn't funny. Disney will be infusing a ton of cash and creativity into changing the face of the gate throughout the remainder of the decade. Plus, it will formulate highly immerseve themed lands - just as it is doing at Disney-MGM Studios.

    I refuse to argue in favor of tossing DCA into the trash, or in favor of it stagnating the way that it is. I respect the ideas of everybody that is seriously trying to contribute on this board. We can either agree to disagree - or, heaven forbid, we can sometimes compromise.
    Ex.
    I don't see DCA as 'broken' so there really isn't an option for those of us who don't see it as this catastrophe that some make it out to be.
    Well I am not saying that someone cant enjoy DCA, I enjoy it very much. I am talking about the people who say DCA is great the way it is and leave it at that, every time there is a thread like this. I dont think DCA should be leveled but again, for a theme park right across from Disneyland (the reason this park is in the top 25) going cheap ain't going to cut it. These posters are a very small minority from what Ive seen, and I dont mean to come across as slamming them, it's just MO on these kinds of posts. Peace.
    Last edited by Diznyfan; 07-09-2007 at 10:01 AM.

    "Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
    -Albert Einstein

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Any California Disney Store CM's get their I.D.'s yet?
    By mickeymark34 in forum Break Room
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-15-2008, 03:22 PM
  2. Adventures by Disney for California?
    By filmfreak11 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-03-2007, 05:51 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-23-2006, 10:39 PM
  4. Disney@California?
    By DL_CRAZE in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 02-17-2006, 03:33 PM
  5. Disney Waterpark
    By Derekuda in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 07-04-2005, 11:22 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •