Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• "I Break Things"

Angry Disneyland's lack of legroom

There are not many things I REALLY HATE about Disneyland but this is one of them. I realize the park was built for the little ones in mind, but I'm 6'4. I can name off a few rides; Thunder, Space, POC, Splash, Small World, POOH... that are a major cause of pain and annoyance in the knees/legs whenever I TRY to ride them. 6'4, possibly tall by 1955 standards but pretty much average by todays. I'm not big in the weight department but I have several friends who are, with similar complaints. I'm not sure if much can be done, but what rides do you think top the No Legroom list?
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Minion

Re: Disneyland's lack of legroom

I am 6'4, bordering 6'5. I have minimal problems with leg room at DL. I have minor discomort at the very most and that I get used to. Other parks however are far worse. For example at King's Island in Ohio it is extremely difficult for me to fit into the Flight of Fear and the Son of Beast (at least with it's old trains). All the ride vehicles at DL are extremely luxorious and spacey compared to some that I have encountered at other parks.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Sorry, 6' 4" still isn't 'average' its not 'abnormal' but not average by a long shot.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    I am 6'4, bordering 6'5. I have minimal problems with leg room at DL. I have minor discomort at the very most and that I get used to. Other parks however are far worse. For example at King's Island in Ohio it is extremely difficult for me to fit into the Flight of Fear and the Son of Beast (at least with it's old trains). All the ride vehicles at DL are extremely luxorious and spacey compared to some that I have encountered at other parks.

Learned the hard way... Pooh hurts! Most of the rides are just the "squished" feeling and I am used to that, Knott's is pretty bad but SFMM actually has some room. Also that little bar with a hook on it on Indy, the one to hang your bag on... yeah perfect spot hit BOTH knees! which is what prompted me to see if it was just me of if other people have had similar problems.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Learned the hard way... Pooh hurts! Most of the rides are just the "squished" feeling and I am used to that, Knott's is pretty bad but SFMM actually has some room. Also that little bar with a hook on it on Indy, the one to hang your bag on... yeah perfect spot hit BOTH knees! which is what prompted me to see if it was just me of if other people have had similar problems.

Pooh has always seemed comfortable to me. I have never been to SFMM. I am not sure about the hook on Indy, but Indy needs more leg room than any other DL ride.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Sorry, 6' 4" still isn't 'average' its not 'abnormal' but not average by a long shot.
    Rides should be able to comfortably fit all people that are not abnormally huge.

• Winter in Oceanside...

I read somewhere that the average height for a (white) male is 5'10". Which was probably pretty tall for 1955.

• Minion

im 6,1 and those stupid tuck and roll bumber cars were too small and i seriously got stuck on gadgets go coaster, its so tiny and it stopped and i tried to get out and i couldnt
    until i like moved this wierd way idk lol but i got out. my legs are just to long!

yea 6'4 is not average, im taller than most adults.

• Mommy of 2 Miracles!

My Dad mentioned the same thing and he isn't all that tall (5'10"?) but his knees really got whacked around at D-Land. I should have told him since one of them is metal it shouldn't have bugged him!
    "To ALL who come to this happy place, Welcome" Walt Disney

All means ALL

• Circle of Ancients

I'm 6'1" and I've found a simple solution for those rides that have little leg-room.

Cross your feet at the ankles.

6'7 here and I would say that space mountain is the most unfriendly to the long legged. It was on ride where I learned the "ankle cross" technique. It takes me a bit longer then everyone else to get snugged into my seat but I manage to get in every time (barely)

All the other rides mentioned are on my list too. For me, not fitting easily is something I have come to deal with. On the bar rides, if I can put my knees together and lean them to the side I usually fit just fine. I just make sure if it is a ride that has a person next to me they are small or they know that I will be crowding their space.

I assumed that the older rides might be a little unkind but the newer ones tend to have more room. I am surprised about the Winnie the Pooh ride. You would have figured that they would have made them a smidge longer or not so shallow.

Maybe they should make special beehicles for us guys/gals and have them with extra holes carved out for our knees!
    We're devils and black sheep, really bad eggs,
    Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.

www.ThisHappyPlace.com

• Minion

6'1" here and my experience pretty much mirrors everyone here.

I have to use the ankle cross or lower leg angle situation on most of the coaster rides. (Matterhorn excepted, of course).

Indy was especially hard on my knees when a CM put me in the first row. Same on Splash.

I now often refuse first rows and specifically ask loaders which row has the most legroom.

Even rides such as IASW and Pirates require me to angle legs in a way that could interfere with people next to me so I don't allow loaders to 'overload' the rows I'm in.

(as a former CM I've learned to be a little, but politely, insistent)

• "I Break Things"

6'7... friend is that size, no offense but I feel bad in a way since at least at 6'4 I can fit somewhat comfortably. I know the ankle cross trick... that led to the Indy bar smack, really bad combo. To be fair, the front of Pooh has more room then the back... not by much... but more. UNTIL they re-seated the logs, Splash and Matterhorn topped the list of "stretch out and relax" at least in my book. I joked about Casey but honestly, on a kid's ride I expect to be squished, but Space, Thunder (under the bar is easy it's having to have your legs in the corner that bites... sorry should have been some more room.

On a side note my wife is 5'3... while she feels bad she still laughs at my misery, and in a way I can see the comedy.

• Defying gravity

I'm 5'1" and I've never had any problems!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    I'm 5'1" and I've never had any problems!
    Wait until it gets really crowded and they activate the two-munchkins-per-seat rule.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast