Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• done

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost
    I don't think anyone should judge anyone for buying stuff to sell it on eBay. I do it myself. I do it to help pay for my event ticket so that I can attend these events.

I doubt anyone selling these items on eBay is just looking for a profit. Yes, the items are selling for a profit, but they wouldn't make a profit untill after their event ticket is paid for in my opinion. Im pretty sure most people are going to the event becuase of their love for Disneyland.
    Sorry, I do have a definite opinion of people who do that. I think it's wrong, unless there are gobs of the stuff. But it irks me to no end when a very limited item is being sold on ebay when an event attendee wasn't able to purchase one. I don't care that it defers the cost of the event for some people. It does so at someone else's expense. And yeah, in the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal, but I know there have been people in the past who have attended events at the lowest levels, bought as much merchandise as they could, and resold them on ebay. It wasn't a love of Disneyland. It was a business venture. They made more money selling the items on ebay than it cost to buy the items themselves and pay for the event, so it was a profit venture.

We got all the seminars and merchandise that we asked for, so we're pretty happy. Still looking forward to the event.
    Last edited by cstephens; 07-02-2005 at 03:36 PM.

First off, to anyone attending the evnet that missed something on your RSP, I feel bad that you didn't get what you wanted. There was just more people wanting it (for various reasons) than what was avaible. Can't do anything to change it.

You can't blame someone though for using the RSP for their own advantage as much as they can. Its part of the event ticket and part of what they paid money to do. With the "cheap" tickets being $495 I doubt there were many people attending this event just to resell merchandise.

You really can't stop people from selling merchandise. It will happen. If someone stops, there be someone else there to sell in their place. Its just one of the facts you have to live with.

As a collector myself, I am very thankfull to sellers becuase there are items I have missed at events that I had to go on ebay to buy. There are a lot of items in my collection that I had to buy off ebay becuase I just couldnt get it any other way. Something that I like and what the item is means more to me than price or where I got it (most of the time anyways).

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens
    It does so at someone else's expense. And yeah, in the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal, but I know there have been people in the past who have attended events at the lowest levels, bought as much merchandise as they could, and resold them on ebay. It wasn't a love of Disneyland. It was a business venture. They made more money selling the items on ebay than it cost to buy the items themselves and pay for the event, so it was a profit venture.
    I agree. However, there is no way to prevent it. The same thing occurred on the 4th with the AP tickets. They got sold on eBay for $300 a ticket. Too bad DIsney didn't do as they said and require the AP with the passes.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• done

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t
    I agree. However, there is no way to prevent it. The same thing occurred on the 4th with the AP tickets. They got sold on eBay for $300 a ticket. Too bad DIsney didn't do as they said and require the AP with the passes.
    I agree that there's no way to prevent it. Disney is even sometimes helping that to happen. Doesn't mean I still don't think it's wrong.

And I definitely think it's absolutely wrong for someone to have sold the May 4 AP tickets. You got something for free, and then you turn around and sell it.

Oh, and I've never bought the "if I didn't re-sell the merchandise for a profit, someone else would" argument. Just because someone else engages in bad behaviour doesn't excuse one's own similar bad behaviour.

Two more weeks!

Re: Disneyland 50th Event Update

jmuboy, did you ever get your info?

DH and I registered under the same package..I got my info last Thursday..his just came today

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

Yes - I got my info on Saturday and all the seminars/merchandise that I wanted. I'm so excited.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Question Where is the rest of the event info??

It's getting pretty close now. Do you think we are going to get any registration info? It would be helpful to know where we are supposed to go and such. Unless, of course, the tentative itinerary on the website is the only info that we are going to receive.
    Call out to WDES!! We need info!!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

I suspect we've gotten all we're getting

Feel free to share what you find out, Charlie. My best guess is they're going to say be at the DL hotel Friday am and that's it. Is the itinerary still showing as "tentative" on the website?

• done

Re: Where is the rest of the event info??

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama
    It's getting pretty close now. Do you think we are going to get any registration info? It would be helpful to know where we are supposed to go and such. Unless, of course, the tentative itinerary on the website is the only info that we are going to receive.
    Call out to WDES!! We need info!!
    Well, there's really nothing else to tell at the moment. Generally, they give you a tentative schedule ahead of time (like on the website now), and then when you register, you get the rest of the information. All they really tell you ahead of time is where and when to register, and then you get your registration packet, which would have the rest of the information. Since registration is in the Disneyland Hotel area, there will be signs around directing you to the various places you need to go (registration desk, merchandise pickup, event store, etc.). That's how it usually works.

Hello Everyone,

My Wife and I purchased the Walt's Dream Package and are very thrilled with the package/RSP's and overall communication for the event.

We both received most everything that we wanted on the RSP's, although I did not get a couple of the ride cars on my third RSP.

We will be there the night of the 14th through the 17th. Hope to see you all there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom262
    Hello Everyone,

My Wife and I purchased the Walt's Dream Package and are very thrilled with the package/RSP's and overall communication for the event.

We both received most everything that we wanted on the RSP's, although I did not get a couple of the ride cars on my third RSP.

We will be there the night of the 14th through the 17th. Hope to see you all there.
    Welcome aboard Dom!! Come up and say hello if you see me, I'll be weraing a micechat name badge!!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Yesterday my sister and I received an e-mail with the event itinerary attached.

I just saw this 50th event update at www.saveourevent.com

UPDATE 7/07/05 08:00AM PST

The following letter was received yesterday evening from Marianne Sharpe at Disneyland:

Save Our Event Team:

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding the upcoming Celebrating 50 Years of Magical Memories event. As members of our Disney family, we value your opinion and can assure you that it is our goal to make this a spectacular, once-in-a-lifetime experience. Our plans are focused on celebrating this great Disney milestone in a way that will leave you with magical memories for years to come.

The planning of Celebrating 50 Years of Magical Memories has been extensive and ongoing for quite some time. Coordination among many different lines of business was required in order to develop these exciting event packages. Throughout the planning stages we have remained committed to providing a unique and exclusive experience to every Guest in attendance.

As you can imagine, when planning an event of this size, some elements will invariably change and unexpected glitches may occur. Each event presents new challenges, which we learn from.

Again, thank you for providing your feedback. Your comments have been shared with the Merchandise Special Event team, and we appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts. As the date draws near and excitement around this event grows, be assured that all efforts are committed to providing a truly magical experience that we hope will exceed your every expectation.

I look forward to seeing you at the event in a week!

Marianne
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• done

If there was going to be an answer, that's about the answer I would have expected.

Although I thought the letter would help resolve some ongoing problems with the Event (which it may or may not have), I honestly didn't think they would acknowledge the letter.
    I for one, am very happy with WDES over the last couple of weeks and I am looking forward to a supercalifragilisticexpelidocious weekend!!

Can't wait to see you all there!!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast