Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

Disneyland 50th Event Update

A direct cut and paste from www.saveourevent.com:

UPDATE 6/27/05 08:00AM PST

Although no official response was received in response to the letter addressed to Mr. Ouimet, it appears that change is taking place within Merchandise Event Services. Several event registrants have reported that they requested, and received, a full refund for their registration fees associated with this event. It has been widely reported that Martha Blanding has been very polite in dealing with these requests and doing her best to accommodate those who remain unhappy. Ms. Blanding has told several guests that there are “surprises” in store for each package level and that the cancelled elements of the Walt’s Dream package will be made up with an experience she can not disclose. Ms. Blanding finds herself in an obvious catch-22 that by releasing information and then having it change, she risks upsetting more people, yet, by not telling registrants what the substitute experience is, some event registrants will remain doubtful of this events success.

Several of those who signed the open letter requested that we inform others that the attitude from those who work at Merchandise Event Services seems to be changing for the better. We will continue to provide updates as we receive them. We thank Merchandise Event Services for taking our concerns seriously and await the successful conclusion of this event.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Cool...
    Sounds like things are gonna take a turn for the better. I'm really looking forward to the anniversary weekend.
    Anybody get info on their RSP's yet?
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

I'm intrigued by the "surprises" I'm especially wondering what the "themed dining event" is Saturday night...I see that the top 2 packages have reserved seating for it...wonder if it is going to involve Fantasmic?

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

The themed dining expereince Saturday night is the Orange Grove party inside DL.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

I know that's what is says on the itinerary...but I just don't know what it entails

• Hooterville, USA

Things a starting to turn!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by willowsmom7
    I'm intrigued by the "surprises" I'm especially wondering what the "themed dining event" is Saturday night...I see that the top 2 packages have reserved seating for it...wonder if it is going to involve Fantasmic?
    Its from 5-9, the Orange Grove Party. I doubt it includes Fantasmic!
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama
    Cool...
    Sounds like things are gonna take a turn for the better. I'm really looking forward to the anniversary weekend.
    Anybody get info on their RSP's yet?
    Yep! I hope everyone got what they wanted. There are still some seminars available you can try for, info is with your RSP. Good luck everyone!!
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

wonder if it is going to involve Fantasmic?
    I hope not. I already have 10:30pm balcony reservations for Fantasmic! on Saturday night!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Lord of the Ribs

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama
    I hope not. I already have 10:30pm balcony reservations for Fantasmic! on Saturday night!
    sweet.

Eat meat. Your daddy sez it's good for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t
    Its from 5-9, the Orange Grove Party. I doubt it includes Fantasmic!

It's from 5-9? I have 7-9.

I realize the Fantasmic aspect is a huge stretch, but why not think big

• Minion

It's from 5-9? I have 7-9.

I realize the Fantasmic aspect is a huge stretch, but why not think big
    Finger typo. 7-9. But, how about they block out the hub for us and we get to see fireworks?? And we have Fantasmic! seating on the 17th already at 1130pm. I figure they will probably have something back in the Big Thunder or Festival arena areas. But I prefer my hub idea :::eg:::

I love your hub idea!!!!

I think half the fun is wondering what they have in store for us

• insufferable know-it-all

Yeah, half the fun is knowing what they have in store for you ABOVE AND BEYOND what's on the itinerary. Not what will replace those itinerary items they backed out on.

Disney hasn't done a good job selling me on these events. When it was $70 for a great night's entertainment and surprises, yeah, but $150 with a weak itinerary and a history of not following through on their promises? No.

I, for one, am GLAD I did not purchase tickets to this event. Nothing short of a tour of Walt's apartment or being the first to hear that Eisner's been replaced by Steve Jobs would make that event "worth it".

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

*shrug*

I purchased a package and I'm thrilled with what I am getting..I'm sorry if others aren't happy, but I'm not really responsible for their happiness

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast