Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: What New Things Would You Like to See at DL for Halloween?

- similar to the pumpkin men at DLP, you could have Malificents goons invade main street and other locations at the park. Or like the recent Stick event in Japan they could have them hidden throughout the park where you would have to find them all.

- A photo hunt of special icons hidden though out the park that represent a lot of villains (not just the popular ones). The icon would be sort of hidden in areas where guests could take pictures of them, and not in areas like Dark Rides where the flash from cameras would ruin the experiences. Each icon would have a symbol representing a villain i.e. Poison Apple, Spinning Wheel, Snake, etc.

- The castle would feature giant inflatable thorns that would rise up at dusk along with spooky lighting, mist and music.

- More villains walking around the park.

- Mad Madem Mim joins merlin in the Sword and the Stone show.

- Villain overlay on the Matterhorn. In the long up-hill use lighting, simple figures, or digital projections to give it a spooky feel. Along the ride feature simple figures of Disney creatures like Pain and Panic, Malificents Goons, witch's Ravens, etc. Add spooky sounds and Music.

- Villain overlay on the Tower of Terror. As you enter the lobby there will be hints that the Villains are having a party for their annual convention at the restaurant on the top floor and were invited. The lobby has a pile of suitcases ready to go upstairs with figures of Pain and Panic as bell hops. The fireplace now sports a digital projection of fire and there are Halloween Decorations around.

After a new video in the library we board our vehicles to find that we have a dark magic spell put upon us (in the hallway floor and the mirror effect has villains appearing in the mirror. In the elevator shafts we see faces lit as fly past and new music and voice over work.

- Night time Jungle Cruse with new sound and lighting

- The princess fantasy fair could become a place to get made up for Halloween with a special villain meet and greet.

- Golden Screams features a black light puppet shows featuring a review with spooky creatures

- at DCA a lagoon show with Villains, Sea of Screams. Fire, Lazers, etc.

- A new parade featuring the Disney Villains, NMBC, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, etc.

- A special edition of Fantasmic.

- 'Soaring' Halloween edition. Featuring a scary journey through some creepy worlds.

- Midway Mania Halloween editions

- Lots of cool decor and figures like in Japan

• Banned User

Ya know, Atomic Bear, we've gone through a few of the suggestions (more villains at the park as an example, as well as the parade) but you brought up some great ideas (bad guys icons photo hunt, thorns that inflate at night) but this would be more catered to a family-friendly crowd unlike USH or KBF. I like the direction you're going in.

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by mouseinphilly View Post
    But Disneyland and DCA are more family-friendly at Halloween than that other place.
    Quote Originally Posted by patattack View Post
    and they dont have hideous beasts running around screaming and chasing u with chainsaws!
    Oh, true dat, patattack, true dat!

Gee, I'm trying to figure out what part of DISNEY you two don't understand.

All I'm suggesting is that Disney aggressively go after the Halloween dollar like Knott's has done for years now. I'm not suggesting chainsaw wielding Freddy Krueger/Jason Voorhees knock offs chasing toddlers and tweeners around the resort. I just think it's time for Disney to put as much into Halloween as they do Christmas. Financially it's worth it.

Halloween is popular with consumers, Americans spent almost $5 billion on Halloween last year, according to the National Retail Federation (NRF), a jump of more than a billion dollars over the year before. Wanna bet that figure climbs another billion this year?

So, yeah, I think it's time for a DISNEY "Scary Farm".
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Minion

i was kidding but ok thanks

what about giving Mr. Toad's Wild Ride a temporary refurb to make it the story of Ichibod Crane?
    Siggy siggy sig sig.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbadunne View Post
    what about giving Mr. Toad's Wild Ride a temporary refurb to make it the story of Ichibod Crane?
    i was honestly thinking that but i know i would crave ichabod so bad and want it to have its own ride, but i guess a couple months would still be cool.

It would definiatly take some heat off of HMH and Peter Pan.
    Siggy siggy sig sig.

Ya know, Atomic Bear, we've gone through a few of the suggestions (more villains at the park as an example, as well as the parade) but you brought up some great ideas (bad guys icons photo hunt, thorns that inflate at night) but this would be more catered to a family-friendly crowd unlike USH or KBF. I like the direction you're going in.
    I wrote a few that were repeats, I know....just pretend they are another vote for them.

I love the ideas of overlays, but the challenges are to find attraction where you can add temporary elements to them with out redoing the whole ride. I love the Sleepy Hollow animated short (scared me as a lad), but to use the Mr. Toad building would mean having to get rid of most of the setting, props and figures. Maybe to add some SH elements to the rivers of pirates....er.. Rivers America might be better. How about a spooky night time cruse?

I think that Disney can have some scarier elements, but can still have it mostly an all ages event. They seemed off to a good start last year, so heres hoping for even more Halloween goodness this year.

• T'zambezi makes me sneezy

I've never been to Disneyland on Halloween, so I'm wondering...do people go to the park dressed up? Like, what happens if somebody shows up like Maleficent or there's a bunch of Cinderellas running around? Does the managment ask them nicely to leave or do they allow them to get mauled by kids?
    Last edited by 'Strue; 07-16-2007 at 11:17 AM.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Wouldn't it ironic that Icabod evicted Mr. Toad since they share a DVD. LOL.

Chad

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole220 View Post
    I would also like to see more villans running around the park.

I agree I like to see more villans out not just on the nights over at DCA but even at DLR. Cause there is no way people like me can go to any of the partys on the nights they plan. I would like to see walk and meet and greet like. Jafar,Big Bad Wolf.The 3 little pigs, Hates,Don Carnage and so on. Not just your every day villans like. Queen, Queen of Hearts, Capt. Hook. So yeah more viallans.

• Long Distance Imagineer

Don't forget the hitchhiking ghosts in NOS!

• Minion

do they actually have hitchhicking ghost costumed people?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by 'Strue View Post
    "I've never been to Disneyland on Halloween, so I'm wondering...do people go to the park dressed up? Like, what happens if somebody shows up like Maleficent or there's a bunch of Cinderellas running around? Does the managment ask them nicely to leave or do they allow them to get mauled by kids?"
    As far as the DCA Halloween activities, yes they can dress up as Disney characters, but cannot give out autographs. DL, unless they have future stand-alone events, the answer is a firm no.

Quote Originally Posted by patattack View Post
    "Do they actually have hitchhicking ghost costumed people?"
    I don't think so, but that'd be a good idea.

• Electrical Parader~

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post
    3 words: A HALLOWEEN PARADE!
    With Jessica Rabbit dressed as a witch as the grand marshall

Complete List of Names Dory calls Nemo in Finding Nemo:

Chico
    Bingo
    Fabio
    Elmo
    Harpo

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast