Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: How long do you think Remember will last? What about Fantasmic?

Both shows are here to stay for a long time.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Personally I'd like to see Fantasmic! featured in R...DCT somehow. Even if it were just a minute of the song with some amazing fireworks.

...Joe...

• Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    Personally I'd like to see Fantasmic! featured in R...DCT somehow. Even if it were just a minute of the song with some amazing fireworks.

...Joe...
    Maybe just combine the two: have a Day-Glo monkey on the Tinkerbelle swingline, shoot the fireworks, and set the Matterhorn aflame three times a night, and give the River (and Mark Twain fans) a break?

I'm not thrilled about the crowds issue, but I do like both shows. I almost got to see F! the other night and I'm kind of sad I didn't go into the park. I think the F! crowds along New Orleans are less problematic than the Remember crowds on Main St.

Hoping to see the show Friday night. It's been too long! One of these days I need to be at the park while they're setting up and just watch it all.

I'm not as crazy about Remember; it's a good fireworks show, but it really was geared to the anniversary and should now be changed to something less castle-centric. Disperse the crowds!!! It really makes Main St. a nightmare.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Evaporate, tall person!

I live in the Inland Empire of Southern California..
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    Maybe just combine the two: have a Day-Glo monkey on the Tinkerbelle swingline, shoot the fireworks, and set the Matterhorn aflame three times a night, and give the River (and Mark Twain fans) a break?
    Ok.. those monkies already freak me out.. to have them zip down ala Tinkerbell..

::shivers:::

That'd give me nightmares for years...

DISNEYLAND: It even makes science geeks look cool!!

• Can see my car from here

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    The "show" may only be 30 minutes long, but in no way is the area the same as "any other summer night." There are crowds that begin setting up camp hours before hand, and the entire area is one mass of people--in an area never designed to be an outdoor amphitheater--for virtually the entire evening.
    Crowds set up camp hours before the parades on Main Street, and hours before the fireworks as well. Have they "utterly destroyed" Main Street and Fantasyland too? Would you be jubilant to see the parades and fireworks demise as well? Massive crowds are a part of Disneyland. Finding a quiet spot is always a pleasant surprise.
    You may not "see" how it has utterly destroyed the area; my guess is, you've never taken an evening cruise on the Mark Twain, or even the Columbia.
    Ah, but I have, although that was quite some time ago. I have also experienced a paddlewheeler on the Mississippi river in New Orleans, Louisiana, at night and enjoyed it much more than the Mark Twain, at night. I happen to prefer the Mark Twain during the day anyway. Glad you got to experience some evening rides on the Rivers of America before it was "utterly destroyed." At least you have your memories!

The area has been destroyed, and I will truly be jubilant with the show's demise, hoping that nothing but the chirping of crickets and soft Dixieland jazz will take its place.

Today, going to Disneyland to find chirping crickets and soft dixieland jazz, a nice as that would be, is a challenge with or without Fantasmic!
    P.S., a live band floats on a raft playing soft Dixieland jazz before each show starts, perhaps you could enjoy that...

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    Parades don't have fixed locations. F! is a stage show, not a parade. In addition, it is a stage show that is ill-fitting in Frontierland on the Rivers of America in my opinion.
    I appreciate good theming as well. But when watching this show, Frontierland theming is the last thing on my mind. It doesn't bother me in the least. My enjoyment of Disneyland, Frontierland, New Orleans Square etc. is not diminished at all.

Swabby, I find it hilarious that you despise Fantasmic!, but love Fantasmic! threads. I bet you are really one of the day-glo monkeys, and are trying to disguise your posts. Come on, spill the beans!

Anyway, back to the topic of the original post, I bet the current version of F! will last at least a few more years before we see either a version 2 or something new entirely nighttime spectacular that space. Exploding crickets maybe? And I hope Remember lasts at least another year so I get a chance to see it!
    Far from the frenzy of the frantic world above.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I've kind of thought it would be cool to incorporate the other attractions into the show somehow. Have Mickey end up on top of the Haunted Mansion somehow and involve some of the Chernabog stuff in front of the Mansion. :shrugs: I don't know, but I think it would be cool to have more of the buildings get involved than just the Island.

...Joe...

• Hiding in the shadows

I am ready for F! to go, mainly because of the congestion it causes in that area of the park for hours on end at night. I basically refuse to go over to the west side of the part after dark. Maybe just one show a night, just the 10:30 so at least there is less congestion till well after the fireworks end.

As for RDCT, I love this show, but agree with DD and others that the castle should not be the main focus of the fireworks display, they need to be more for entire park viewing, mostly again for my congestion concerns...you can tall I am not much of a parade person either can't you :-)

A little piece of heaven

• Banned User

Fantasmic utterly destroyed one of the most serene, romantic, evocative areas of the Park.
    You had and will probably have plenty of off/dark seasons to enjoy it.

Fantasmic! is one of the best shows Disney has ever produced and the setting is perfect.

And yes, I love evening cruises on the Mark Twain and Columbia. I did it quite a few times this year when Fantasmic! was dark.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    You had and will probably have plenty of off/dark seasons to enjoy it.

Fantasmic! is one of the best shows Disney has ever produced and the setting is perfect.

And yes, I love evening cruises on the Mark Twain and Columbia. I did it quite a few times this year when Fantasmic! was dark.

exactly.. Fantasmic doesn't run 24/7. There are dark periods.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Banned User

I'll tell you what I wish would change is the PARADE of Dreams. It's so old now, it's been going on since the 50th anniversary 2 years ago. I was so happy to see the Christmas parade in November, because I am tired of the Parade of Dreams !!!

Ironic, since "A Christmas Fantasy Parade" has been running since 1994.

Fantasmic utterly destroyed one of the most serene, romantic, evocative areas of the Park.

I eagerly await its demise, and pray nothing takes its place.
    And its not like its on every night, if you don't wanna see it, go to the other side of the park, or leave early. Then come back on an off day and there you go your favorite place in the world.
    Peace. Love. Unity. Respect. Responsibility.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

The "show" may only be 30 minutes long, but in no way is the area the same as "any other summer night." There are crowds that begin setting up camp hours before hand, and the entire area is one mass of people--in an area never designed to be an outdoor amphitheater--for virtually the entire evening. You may not "see" how it has utterly destroyed the area; my guess is, you've never taken an evening cruise on the Mark Twain, or even the Columbia.
    I've seen Fantasmic! twice. It's a good show, but for me at least there is no burning desire to see it again.

I very fondly remember evening cruises on both the Mark Twain and Columbia...now, for the most part, gone to the pages of Yesterland at least during peak periods.

One of the neat things about the recent TSI rehab was the chance to ride the Columbia after dark again.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Its obvious to me now that Disney Characters dont match the theme of an island inside of a Disney Park. Obviously what were they thinking?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123