Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

How long do you think Remember will last? What about Fantasmic?

Fantasmic has been going on a loooooooooooong time. I still love it, which is pretty amazing that a show that's, what, over 15 years old is still pretty neat. Is it that old? I forget. Anyway, I digress. Do you think Fantasmic is going away anytime soon? Or will it always be a staple of Disneyland nighttime entertainment?

And what about Remember? It's pretty spectacular. Do you think it's going the same way of Fantasmic? Will Remember continue on without any major changes for the next 15 years?

• Closed Account

Re: How long do you think Remember will last? What about Fantasmic?

Fantasmic utterly destroyed one of the most serene, romantic, evocative areas of the Park.

I eagerly await its demise, and pray nothing takes its place.

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

So, tell me how you really feel?

Good times.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

I love both. Fantasmic I don't see going away any time soon. You see how many people wait for the first showing every day? It's ridiculous. I would love to see Remember last forever as well but I know that won't when they come up with a better show. Maybe in another year or two. But I do love them.

• Closed Account

I would say that Fantasmic in its present form may only last a few more years, but I think if it's updated with some pretty major changes in the future that will increase its longevity.

R...DCT shouldn't last much longer. I love watching it, but it was made for the 50th which is over now, so it's overstaying it's welcome in a way. I think the firework people should start creating a new and even better firework show and as soon as it's done get R...DCT out of there ASAP.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I enjoy both, but I don't enjoy the crowds they attract.
    I think the Firework show should not make Sleeping Beauty's Castle the main fixture of the show. It has been for awhile now and I remember when you could see the fireworks from any place in the park and be able to enjoy the show.........but now, if you aren't in front of the Castle, then you arent getting the 'whole show'. The 50th show was spectacular, yes - but it caused such intense crowd issues on Main Street. Same goes for the Christmas 'snow' - it's a great thing, but it really causes intense chaos on Main Street at least an hour before the show and then the mass exodus that occurs afterward.

Fantasmic! is going 15 years strong. If the show in its present state can draw such a crowd (and it IS a crowd) then any further work on the show will help it continue to reign as the jewel of Disneyland Entertainment.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

F! has had its run in my opinion; already worn out the welcome that some (not I ) have given it. It's a tired nuisance that provides more congestion and thematic confusion than it does entertainment.
    **puts on safety goggles, helmet, and riot gear; preparing for the bloody-thirsty tide of outraged villagers**

I love both shows. I actually listen to both shows on my ipod as well over and over again because of how fun they are and how much warmth they bring to me. I watch both shows over and over again and no matter what i still get the chills when i listen to them. To me Fantastic is a show everyone can always come back to and relive old memories. With Remember...Dreams Come True fireworks, i think that this show should stay longer. It basically covers everything i love about Disneyland and brings back all the memories I made over the years. I say keep them both!

• Banned User

LOL!! you who want it to go are locals I believe. yeah you always want what draws a crowd gone. we as vacationers love it and I hope it continues as its awsome to see. you have to remember some people visit the parks so very little that that show inchants them. I also love the fire works as they are and hope there there for at least another year, whats awsome should not be taken away just because you locals are bored !

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    LOL!! you who want it to go are locals I believe. yeah you always want what draws a crowd gone. we as vacationers love it and I hope it continues as its awsome to see. you have to remember some people visit the parks so very little that that show inchants them. I also love the fire works as they are and hope there there for at least another year, whats awsome should not be taken away just because you locals are bored !
    I'm not a local, but I appreciate the motivations behind your support of Fantasmic: your desire that all should have the opportunity to view the show, especially those who see it infrequently due to geographic inconveniences. But 15 years? The same show? I would believe that if F! was a priority for vacationers, 15 years gives all a reasonable opportunity at viewing it many times.
    It has no thematic connection with the ROA, or Frontierland, or NOS, or even the ridiculous Pirate Island that houses it. It should go. It's time. I'll send flowers.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

You and your theme, well a castle doesnt match the theme of orange groves! Hah!

Having only seen fantasmic once, i wouldnt mind seeing it again but waiting around for a couple hours to get seats so i can watch a show when i could be on a ride is kinda meh to me

Then go to the 10:30 show.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    You and your theme, well a castle doesnt match the theme of orange groves! Hah!

Having only seen fantasmic once, i wouldnt mind seeing it again but waiting around for a couple hours to get seats so i can watch a show when i could be on a ride is kinda meh to me
    I saw it once, and was impressed by the theatrical quality and the surprisingly complex special effects. Fifteen years seems like a good run to me, though. Much longer than I thought it would last.

• Evaporate, tall person!

I live in the Inland Empire of Southern California..
    Blog Entries

I personally LOVE F! I hate the crowds and congestion it causes, but it just shows how much that show is loved. I don't wanna see it go away, but it would be nice to maybe give the show a lil update or something, not a complete change, but maybe tweak some stuff and give it a new feel.

DISNEYLAND: It even makes science geeks look cool!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast