Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• back to WDW in January

New DL Kennel Rates and Rules

As of next Wednesday, July 18, the daily rates at the Kennel Club will increase to $20 per pet. Cats will be required to have proof of vaccination against Rabies, Panleukopenia, Rhinotracheitus, and Calcivirus.
    No proof, no admittance.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Re: New DL Kennel Rates and Rules

Screw that. When I took my dog there last year it was $15. The time I went in 2004, it was only $10.

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    Screw that. When I took my dog there last year it was $15. The time I went in 2004, it was only $10.
    And by golly in 1923 gas was 2 cents a pint.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    And by golly in 1923 gas was 2 cents a pint.
    Sorry but it's insane how prices for the Kennel doubled in three years. If the dogs were getting a whole grooming session or a free bath or something, I could understand the price hike but it's probably the same. They give you some Purina food and the dog is in the kennel boxes and you're expected to take them out so they can go to the bathroom.

• It's all nonsense

Sorry but it's insane how prices for the Kennel doubled in three years. If the dogs were getting a whole grooming session or a free bath or something, I could understand the price hike but it's probably the same. They give you some Purina food and the dog is in the kennel boxes and you're expected to take them out so they can go to the bathroom.
    Keeping in mind that DLR is a place where you pay $11 to park, ~$80 to get in the park, $8 for a burger, and $3 for a soda. The kennel prices don't surprise me. You're paying for the convenience of having the kennel right next to the front gates. Maybe three years ago prices were too cheap in Disney's eyes.

•   
    • Super Hero

1. I had no idea the Kennel even took cats. People bring cats on vacation with them? My cats HATED being in the car. I can't imagine road tripping with them.

2. I dunno, a theme park that offers to board your pet all day and all night AND provide food AND it's right there at the entrance for $15/$20 per day seems reasonable to me. If there's a cheaper/better alternative, you're certainly free to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Keeping in mind that DLR is a place where you pay $11 to park, ~$80 to get in the park, $8 for a burger, and $3 for a soda. The kennel prices don't surprise me. You're paying for the convenience of having the kennel right next to the front gates. Maybe three years ago prices were too cheap in Disney's eyes.
    I understand the convenience factor, but I can board my dog over night for $20. I don't have to feed her or walk her. If I remember correctly it was about $20 a day to board my dog overnight last time I was at WDW. $20 is absurd.
    Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.

• Minion

Have you checked kennel prices elsewhere in the Anaheim/Fullerton area? This is still cheap. If you call around, you will find the day programs (8-5) are $20-30 a day. None I know of stay open late. Overnight charges are generally in the $35-40 range.

Regarding the fact that they will not take your dog out for you, can you imagine the lawsuits if someone's dog got away? Or if the dog wasn't as friendly as yours? To be honest, I do not want them handling my dog. We do not allow them to even feed them when we do kennel. We go back to the kennel every 2 hours when we do on rare occasions kennel.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• no flash photography...

and my dog would not be allowed to eat Purina food. He has to be on a specific diet. The corn in the food makes him itch. He would not be happy in the kennel anyway. He is far happier at home where he can run around and not surrounded by strange noises.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    1. I had no idea the Kennel even took cats. People bring cats on vacation with them? My cats HATED being in the car. I can't imagine road tripping with them.

2. I dunno, a theme park that offers to board your pet all day and all night AND provide food AND it's right there at the entrance for $15/$20 per day seems reasonable to me. If there's a cheaper/better alternative, you're certainly free to use it.
    i didn't think disney let the dogs stay all night...??

•   
    • Super Hero

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    i didn't think disney let the dogs stay all night...??
    No, no, not OVERnight. Actually, I have no idea when the Kennel closes. I just assumed the Kennel had the same hours that Dland does (so the Kennel would close at 9 pm or midnight or whenever, depending on time of year).

Heh. New special event! Doggie sleepover at the Kennel! All doggies will receive a special after-hours tour of Dland, including all the best places to sniff! Call Disney Reservations now!

• DL Nerd

I can pay a dog sitter less then $20 a day and my dog doesn't have to go though travel stress....

no thanks.
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• Clearing my Calendar

I can understand one scenario, and one scenario only, that would encourage me to kennel my cats at the kennel.

And that's if we're moving and our route happens to take us right by the park. Detour for the day!

But I wouldn't even be able to let them be kenneled because I will NOT let them get vaccinated (therefore, they won't meet the pre-requsite (usually 2 weeks before at places like that) rule of having them already in their system). Having worked in the pet industry, I was always scared of bringing something home on my clothes, so the cats were always well vaccinated against everything.

And then, one day, Plika almost died. From a vaccine, that I later found out, is really only for those high risk cats that come in regular contact with.....cow manure.

So, they don't get vaccinations anymore (but regular vet visits!) now that I'm out of the pet industry. Which, in of itself, means I won't let them near strange pets of any kind. So no detours for us.

But besides ALL THAT, $20 a day per pet is pretty darn good. But, that's my opinion.
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Pathetically Obsessed

And why are we even bringing our pets to the park?
    "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

Quote Originally Posted by Doofy View Post
    I understand the convenience factor, but I can board my dog over night for $20. I don't have to feed her or walk her. If I remember correctly it was about $20 a day to board my dog overnight last time I was at WDW. $20 is absurd.
    Yeah, they don't do overnight at DLR. They should do it like on a timed basis.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredByWalt View Post
    And why are we even bringing our pets to the park?
    Usually the tourists from out-of-town that can't get someone to take care of their pets use it. I tried it once just for the heck of it and I won't do it again. My dog hated it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast